Medical Questions > Cancer > Breast Cancer Forum

Tender Left Breast (Page 1)

Must Read
Breast cancer kills more women in the United States than any cancer except lung cancer. But what types of breast cancer are possible?...
Why do some women get breast cancer and others don't? Click here to learn what risks you can avoid....
Do you know the warning signs for breast cancer? When should you see your doctor about possible breast cancer symptoms? More information here....
I am 35 years old with 3 young children. For the last week or two, my left breast has been feeling tender to the touch including the nipple. If one of my kids brushes againest it, my automatic reaction is to push her away. When I am excercising or running it still feels tender, even almost like it is throbbing. I can't even hug my husband too tight because if feels bruised. My right breast is fine. My period is due in the next week or so. I am hoping it is a premenstral pain although I don't remember feeling like this any other time.
I have been giving myself a breast examination every morning looking for lumps. It does feel lumpy but nothing stands out at me, nothing really hard. My last physical was in september when my doctor felt my breasts and didn't notice anything. Should I wait until I get my period to see if this goes away before running to the doctor? Has anyone else ever felt this and how did it turn out? I know, I know, am a worry wort! Thanks so much.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper hvb
|

replied November 4th, 2005
Experienced User
Ok I don't know if I will be of any help but I will tell you what I know. I had a cyst in my left breast once and it was really painful but I am thinking that is different because there was a really obvious lump. The good news is that your breast hurts because breast cancer doen't usually cause pain. Is the breast red or swollen it could be an infection (have you breast fed recently?) also if you do exercise like jogging sometimes the breast can become chaffed and cause a little infection. Definitely if it doesn't go away soon I would get it checked out I guess it could be premenstrual but I always have pain in both breasts. Good luck
|

replied November 7th, 2005
Hello....I have had a really sore left breast as well lately.
I told my doctor at my phsyical and she said yes it's more cystic than the other one.
What does that mean?
I am worried sick.
I am trying to recall when it is more painful, late in the day or early and I think it's usually later in the day.
Help...
|

replied November 8th, 2005
Experienced User
More cystic just means that the tissue responds more to changes in your hormones. No worries it is no big deal.
|

replied January 11th, 2006
Same Thing Happing to Me
See the same thing is going on with me but my right side, I have pregnant before and both sides hurted, im 18 and my nipples are leaking to I got my period and stuff I dont know what this could be please somebody give me advice im scared that it is breast cancer I have inverted nipples and to me this is just really weird please help me
|

replied January 12th, 2006
I was just reading the above comments. I discovered a lump after experiencing pain in my left breast. I have pain around my nipple and pretty much just noticed it on my way home from work the other day. When I was in the shower yesterday, I was wondering where the pain exactly was and felt a lump just below my nipple in front. Of course I saw my life flash before me...!! I gave myself the day to think it through and do some research. I do have cystic breasts. Mainly on the left side. There is no breast cancer on either side of my family. I am calling the doctor today to have it checked. I am hoping that it is just an enlarged cyst. I will report back to you all next week or as soon as I find out. I am 47 years old...Have 3 grown children and I breast fed all of them....I don't do drugs.....Hardly take ibuprofen...Don't smoke...Never have....And only drink socially. Cross your fingers. It kind of feels like the time that I had mastitis....That is painful!
|

replied June 17th, 2011
breast soreness w/ lump under nipple
Hi.. I am experiencing the same exact thing right now and was wondering what ever did the doc say about it? Very curious, please respond if you can!! Hope all is well.
|

replied September 10th, 2011
left breast swollen and very tender
I am feeling the exact same thing right now as well. I just turned 40 two weeks ago and have three children. I breast fed all of them. They range from age 10 to 2 years old. I have never experienced a pain, and swollen tender feeling like this before except for when I was breast feeding and had masan infection. Although this is not as intense feeling as the infection. My left breast feels fuller and harder to the touch. It is tender and feels more dense. I cannot feel a distinct mass but it feels massive to me. I am going to call the doctor nxt week, if no change. My period is due in 8 days, but I have been feeling this for three days now.
|

replied May 19th, 2008
I have something similar
For the past few months I have noticed that my "leftie" has been a bit more sensitive, both go through stages of being painful and feeling hard and tender though. Leftie has always been bigger than my right and a slightly different shape following when it got stretched by breastfeeding my daughter! I have had a feel about but they both feel lumpy but always have since I went on the pill, I can feel no hard bits or lumps in either of them or in my armpits. I also noticed about the same time I started having mood swings and I went and got my pill changed. It has been a bit better since then, of course I am worried but it is both sides that ache and get tender not just one and its not all the time. Sometimes I dont have any aches or tenderness in either. I do worry, what woman doesnt when there is something odd with their boobs! I dont have a history of breast cancer in my family but I keep winding myself up that I have a huge cancerous thing growing inside me and I keep having to check.....your mind can play terrible tricks on you.
|

replied December 15th, 2008
Sharp pains in my left breast
I have been reading above but I am having sharp pain in the breast right below the nipple. It is as if someone was sticking a pin in my nipple. It really hurts and does not feel ike a cyst, I had a biopsy 5 years ago because of a lump found but this was in my right breast.
|

replied February 2nd, 2009
tender enlarged left breast
My 17 year old granddaughter noticed her left brast had gotten bigger than her right they are both tender but no lumps. She is on Birth Control pills but she is worried any info. would be helpful. thank you
|

replied April 6th, 2009
My left breast is hurting
My left breast has gotton bigger then my right. The pain is coming from the ouside of my left breast close to the arm pit. I had felt a lump and it moves. If I am wearing something that's too tight around my breast it really hurts. If anyone knows or has an idea what it might be please let me know. I made a doctors appt. on May 6th. I'll report back as soon as I find out what it is.
|

replied July 24th, 2011
Hi, I'm having the same problem, but I can feel a small lump on the bottom of my left breast. The top is fine as is the right side of it. It's just the left side that hurts. I go for another mammogram and I have to go for a Ultrasound tomorrow morning. My Gyno just did a breast exam in April and didn't notice anything. My ankles have been swollen for 3 months now. I'm really hoping this is all just change of life. I am 43 years old. Good luck, I'll watch for your report.
|

replied July 30th, 2011
Hi. I was wondering if you ever found out what happened to yer breast? my left one is sore and growing slightly plumper than the right for abuot a month. the right is now consistantly sore but was a lil bit today. there isnt necessarily a pea sized lump like they say to look for but the whole left one jus feels a lil sore and the innerds jus feel engorged and sore to a rough touch. i am due for my period in about a week but just wondering what happened to you?
|

replied July 30th, 2011
breast soreness
Hi. I was wondering if you ever found out what happened to yer breast? my left one is sore and growing slightly plumper than the right for abuot a month. the right is now consistantly sore but was a lil bit today. there isnt necessarily a pea sized lump like they say to look for but the whole left one jus feels a lil sore and the innerds jus feel engorged and sore to a rough touch. i am due for my period in about a week but just wondering what happened to you?
|

replied October 20th, 2009
Breast cancer/ lumps
I have two lumps on my left side and not my right. I went in and had them checked and the doctor is sending me to have a mammogram and an ultrasound just to be sure. I just found these lumps a couple of months ago, but she doesn't seemed too worried. I have had consistant ache in my left breast and it looks to be growing larger than the right.
|

replied March 13th, 2010
Help
I am 21. My left nipple is really sore and it stays erect. It is extremely uncomfortable. I am not pregnant, and I do not get my period. Can anyone tell me what it could be?
|

replied June 7th, 2010
cloudariestifa, sounds like Raynaud's Syndrome to me. Not uncommon with autoimmune diseases, and also can occur with injury (such as may happen when breastfeeding if the baby doesn't latch well). Google it and you'll get more info and ideas on what to do for it. There's no cure, but there are things you can do to minimize it. I have some awful bouts with it, so know the feeling all-too-well!
|

replied June 22nd, 2010
me too
just like another person....the outside of by breast is sore...by the armpit. i have not yet got my period...but it is late. I have never gotten this pain before..and rightly is just fine. I took a pregnancy test and im not preggers...so its prob just cuz of my period being late. If i don't get the period soon and if the pain doesn't stop I'll go to the dr
|

replied July 13th, 2010
I am currently suffering with sore left breast, very tender, used to be both of em would feel like it when I was premenstrual. Went to a doctor couple yrs ago with same problem and she said it was perfectly normal for someone around 40 to start experiencing early menopausal symptoms ie left breast tenderness, apparently something to do with not producing as many eggs as I used to. It went away but is now back, I have been a bit moody lately and feelings of anxiety so am putting it down to hormones. If it persists I'll go back to doc.
|

replied January 13th, 2011
I am suffering a very tender left breast on the nipple but on the left underside in particular. I am not pregnant, am on the pill and have just recently got my period. It is very uncomfortable even to wear a shirt without a bra, let alone wear a bra, use a seatbelt, or go over any speed bumps at all. I dont know what to do. I dont have to money to see a doctor and they are all booked out. Should I go up to the emergency ward and wait hours upon hours to see a doctor? At the moment Queensland in under siege from floodwaters, and I expect that all the hospitals will be very very busy. I dont know what to do.
|

replied January 21st, 2011
get check now. my mom has breast cancer. she did her nomal test at home and did not feel anything she want to have her mammgram and there was a a place on her left breats. she had to have the place removed. now she has had it really ruf. there where no family history of brest cancer in ower family. so if you have tender breats. have it check. if your dr say you have little spots. have they check every 6 month to make sure you don't get an cancer.
|

replied March 14th, 2011
I HAVE A TENDER RIGHT BREATS MY SON PUSHED ON IT ABOUT A YEAR AGO AND IT STILL HASNT GONE AWAY SOMETIMES IT'S NOT PAINFUL AT ALL DONT EVEN NO THE PAIN WAS EVER THERE BUT IT HAS STARTED TO WORRY ME SO I HAVE SEEN A DOCTOR AND IM GOING FOR AN OULTRSOUND I HAVE LITTLE BREASTS AND SOMETIMES IT DOES FEEL LIKE A LUMP BUT OTHER TIMES I CANT BE TO SURE THE PAIN IS RIGHT UNDER MY RIGHT NIPPLE I HAVE BREAST FED BOTH OF MY KIDS THE ELDEST IS 3 AND ALSO I'M STILL MILKING FROM THE RIGHT SIDE ONLY SOMEONE PLEASE HELP IM GOING OUT OF MY BRAIN
|

replied June 24th, 2011
i want to see if i have breast cancer
im 13. years old and my rabbit bite my nipple .then the next day i pushed myslef aganist a lunch table. now i feel lumps in my left breast and it really hurts.
|

replied October 14th, 2011
scared...
Hi, I'm just wondering if anyone can give me some advice and hopefully some peace of mind.
I went to my hospital 2days ago to have a ultra sound on a lump in my breast. I had this lump through pregnancy and I'm now breast feeding my 9week old daughter. The lump has been there for around 6months. When they did the ultrasound they were uncertain what it w was so did a test with a needle. They asked me to wait for the reresults and that still came back unclear so I was asked to wait and have a biopsy. I am now waiting on my results which seems lifetime away and I'm worried sick. The lump is not painful. I'm so scared, should I be worried that they did all this in one day? Almost like an emergancy? They also said my right breast was quite hard??? Has anyone had a simular situation? Any help would be great, thank you Adele x
|
12 >>