Medical Questions > Mens Health > Testicles Forum

Swollen Vein In Scrotum

Must Read
Mumps is still common in many parts of the world. But what is the mumps? And what parts of the body can it affect? Basic facts on mumps here....
Although children are most at risk of getting the mumps, other groups are also at risk. Learn more about the mumps virus and risk factors for mumps here....
Swollen salivary glands are the first sign that you might have the mumps. But what other symptoms can you identify? And when should you seek medical help?...
I have a question regarding varicoceles. From what i've investigated, varicocels look like a small "sack of worms" that run along the seminal conducts at the side of the testicle.

However, what if I only have 2 swollen vains in the surface of the scrotum, that is, the skin of the scrotum? (i can tell it's a vein in the skin because if I pull the scrotum skin the vein comes with it)

one swollen vein is at the bottom of the scrotum, and the other at the middle left side (not running along with the seminal conducts). Is this a varicocele or is just a swollen vein in the scrotum?

From what I have seen in diagrams in different men's sexual health sites, this swollen veins I have look nothing like a varicocele, however, I notice that the left testicle is slightly smaller (though I read this is normal among men) and when I wear tight underwear they get a bit itchy.

Any insights?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper BigJimbo
|

replied June 9th, 2008
I have the same exact thing on my right side, and I don't think it is vericole either. I came here to see if anyone knew what it was.
|

replied June 22nd, 2008
I have this same issue on the left side of my testicles

Mine grew in last year over summer.
|

replied July 21st, 2009
me too
i also feel quite a thick vein in both sides of my testicles but i have not experienced any pain or discomfort. Is it varicocele or wat? I am quite worried cos i am still in puberty
|

replied July 21st, 2009
oh i tink its the spermatic cord
nothing to worry about actually
|

replied October 12th, 2010
Blood blister / protruding vein on scrotum???
I too have this on the middle left side on my scrotum. It started as what looked like a blood blister. Similar to what you would get if you were to pinch your skin with pliers or something and it would leave a blood red blister. It was slightly smaller than a pencil eraser head. It was really hard and I actually tried to pop it. several days later I felt a wet sensation down the front of my pants. I thought at first excessive sweating cause a really hot day. I realized the rest of me wasn't sweating that bad so I reached down and pulled my hand up covered in blood. Not only did the thing burst and bleed, it bled a lot! I knew it was a vein by the amount of blood freely leaking out of it. It would take me 10-20 minutes to stop the bleeding. It would start again if I irritated it in any way. After a week it finally healed and shrank but it's still there. I have to be careful not to scratch it or squeeze it or it will bleed all over again. What the heck is this?????
|

replied April 9th, 2011
hi lads i have a vein on the left ball it is on the side of it i have pain like a dead pain in my belly im a young man and i am a bit freked out about it my ball is sore to can any one help do i need to go to the dockter
ps sorry about the speeling
|

replied April 9th, 2011
pain in balls
hi lads i have a vein on the left ball it is on the side of it i have pain like a dead pain in my belly im a young man and i am a bit freked out about it my ball is sore to can any one help do i need to go to the dockter
ps sorry about the speeling
|

replied September 27th, 2011
it is a spermatic cord, but the condition that everyone is talking about is most likley testicular torsion, when the ball rotates in the sac kinking off the blood supply. Apperently an ultra sound is the best way to be sure or not, and there is treatment for it.
|

replied February 4th, 2012
what kind of doctor do you see for this kind of problem,my husband has the same problem does it effect y'all sexually?
|

replied November 30th, 2014
I realize this thread is ancient but since I ran across it while looking for an answer myself I thought I should alleviate a few fears. I believe what we are talking about is known as angiokeratomas. Basically blood blisters that form on the scrotum. It's common apparently and not generally associated with nasty diseases. If it's itchy and painful you can easily have it treated by a dr. Otherwise it's just unsightly and possibly embarrassing but harmless. Definitely tell your dr if it hurts. Treatments are outpatient and fast.
|