Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Gallbladder Disease Forum

Gallbladder Feeling Better After Eating ?

Must Read
Are you suffering from gallbladder pain? We describe the location and function of the gallbladder to target possible problems....
When do you need to see a doctor about possible gallbladder problems? Learn to distinguish signs and symptoms of gallbladder disease to take action before it's...
Gallstones are the most frequent cause of an inflamed gallbladder. Know the common symptoms of gallstones or gallstone attack....
I was interested in a comment donna made about feeling better after eating and having all the symptoms (except pain) initially and then having gallbladder surgery. If anyone has similar progression maybe they (or hopefully) donna can pm me on this.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 3rd, 2005
Anonymous
I don't know if you were talking about me but I had my gb removed in march. Just before I had it removed it was at the point where everything made me sick and caused me to have rib cage/shoulder blade aches and pains. I started to feel better after the gb was removed for about 2-3 months with only mild nausea after eating. Then just recently I seem to be going downhill even more. Now after almost everything I eat I experience nausea, cramps and diarrhea (in that order). Sometimes I experience dizziness, shaking, and a full feeling after only a few bites as well. My Dr. Mentioned that I may have ibs due to too much bile leaking into my intestines. I have tried adding more fiber to my diet (like he said) and it helps a bit with the diarrhea but not the cramping and nausea. I also have gastritis which may be causing the nausea and stomach pains. Just trying to get rid of it is a pain in the rear. Some days I feel great minimal nausea while others I lay in bed close to the porcelin throne. Lol I am taking pantoloc(protonix) for the gastritis which helps some days but not others.
If you are experiencing the same thing I did--gb symptoms without the pain please do have as many tests done as possible. It may not necessarily be your gb to blame. I am beginning to think that having my gb out was a mistake--although it would have had to come out eventually due to inflammation and polyps--i just wish I could have kept it and not have to deal with these new problems!
Anyhow, sorry to ramble on especially if I am not the one you were talking about. Lol any questions, feel free to message me here or privately.

Donna
|

replied November 3rd, 2005
Yes donna, I was commenting on a remark you had made earlier that initially eating seemed to help a little, until the pain kicked in. I now have constant nausea, gas, bloating etc.And eating dosen't really affect anything except mabe holding down or moving the gas a little which gives me some relief. Just went thru another set of bloodwork & ultrasound without anything showing up. I am also on an acid block as well as metoclopramide for nausea. I don't have gb pain but it feels very uneasy under my rib, some slight aches as well with the ribs feeling tender & bruised. It has now been 5 years for me with each month just getting slightly worse to the point where I am finding it very difficult to live a normal day. I have another appointment with my gastroenterologist in a few weeks. I hope things turn around for you as well as blue as it seems you have both gone thru hell this year.
Bocro
|

replied November 4th, 2005
Anonymous
You should see about having a hida scan done to test how your gb is functioning. Sometimes a low/non-functioning gb can cause nausea, bloating, gas, etc. Mine came back normal--surprisingly even though I had inflammation. Have you had an endoscopy done? That will show if anything is wrong with your stomach ex. Gastritis, ulcers, acid reflux, hiatal hernia. Mine came back with gastritis (inflammation of the stomach). Just a couple of things to consider before jumping in to gb removal.

Donna
|

Donna!!!!!!
Hi donna... I'm a donna too just spelled diff.. Dawna :)

i just read where you are having troubles... So sorry... But I wanted to tell you that I had all those symptoms on protonix!!!!! I thought it was gb ickies but after the gb was removed my gastro told me to stay on ppi's... So I had samples still of the protonix... I went on it and got nauseous, dizzy... Had pain again!!... That stuff doesn't agree with me at all... It stopped when I went off... I had never tried nexium... So my gastro doc gave me some samples... Ummmmm this lil purple pill is a lifesaver for me... I have been on it (expensive buggers but I don't care!!) since a couple of weeks after my gb surgery... About a month ago I tried to wean myself off the nexium and got some mild nausea and even some right sided pain... Went back on the nexium and it went away within three days!!! I shall stay on it forever if need be!! ;) I know some do great on protonix but it was a big nono for me.... I had the craziest feeling in my head... Very funny dizzy feeling... And wanted to stuff my finger down my throat I was so nauseated... :( :(

i wish I had tried nexium before the gb surgery... I did for a couple of days is all... I do think my gb was far too diseased but do think that alot of my troubles are from gastric reflux.... My gb was inflamed and covered in adhesions... :oops:

just wanted to mention that to you about the protonix... Sure hope that is your problem... Can you try another ppi??? I know nex is very expensive... I hate to see my pharmacy bill but it's the only one that works for me... And my brother and a guy from church... They both tried them all too.... How bout aciphex??? Did you try that one?? A friend told me she can't take the protonix either... Described the same symptoms as I had.... Ughhhhhh

good luck.. Hope you get some relief!!

Dawna78 :lol:
|

That post above to donna is me... Haredresserd... Lol don't know why I had to log in again... I usually just pop in as my screen name...

Dawna :d
|

Yes donna, I have had a couple of endoscopies done (last one a couple of years ago) & they did show some imflammation but I was given nexium or pantoloc which didn't help. Also had a ct scan which didn't show anything. The gastroenterologist I went to dosen't seem to believe in hida scans, says it's a fallicy that gb performance is a factor. The previous gastro I went to had the same opinion.
|

Experienced User
Hi donna & dawna. Good to see you both. Sorry to hear both having some problems. I to am having similar ones. What in the world is up with that. :(

blue, blue
|

Anonymous
Dawna- I don't think it is the protonix causing my problems as I had these probs even before I started on it. I have stopped taking it a few times just to see (and also for some tests I had done) and still had the same symptoms. Yes I have tried aciphex (known here in canada as pariet). It didn't do a thing for me. I have also tried ranitidine--same deal, no help. My Dr. Said that protonix is one of the best meds you can get and if that doesn't help then i'm sol. Lol. Nice Dr. Huh?

Bocro- I would demand a hida scan-- and if they say no find another Dr. Because this is a really good gb test. It tests basically anywhere bile goes--liver, bile ducts, into the intestines, etc.

Blue- very strange that we would all be having problems, esp. When I was told that removing the gb is a simple procedure with a good outcome! Pffffffffft to that! My outcome sux to say the least. Sorry if i'm so negative but I think we have suffered enough!

Donna
|

I'll see what he say's donna, but i'm also in canada & from what i've heard to date the gastros don't push the hida. I was also interested in your comment that pariet dosen't work for you. Maybe I should get a presciption for protonox as well.
|

Anonymous
My gastro Dr. Was the one that told me I was going for the hida scan. I didn't really have a choice. Lol.
The only unfortunate thing is in canada it may take 6-8 weeks before you can have the hida scan done--well where I live it takes about that long, sometimes longer.
Protonix is called pantoloc in canada. I think you mentioned you tried it without any luck. I went through a few ppi's and most of them will work for the first week, I start feeling good and then the second week it's back to square one--feeling like death. The one good thing about them is they got rid of the heartburn I had before. I still do get the odd night where I experience it but that is maybe once a month compared to the nightly/daily reflux I had before.

Hope you can get the scan done--good luck!
Donna
|

replied April 27th, 2007
Dizziness After Gallbladder Removal!!!!!!! Help!!!!!!!!!!
Hi, I had my gallbladder removed 5 days ago and I am SO dizzy. Everything else seems to be getting better but the dizziness. I have searched all over the internet trying to see if others have this problem after gb removal and can't find anything. I have stopped the pain meds thinking it was the cause and to my luck it was not. If there is anyone out there who can share in this topic please share with me. I am at my wits end.

Lindsay
|

replied August 21st, 2007
Re: Dizziness After Gallbladder Removal!!!!!!! Help!!!!!!!!!
but_r_fly8 wrote:
Hi, I had my gallbladder removed 5 days ago and I am SO dizzy. Everything else seems to be getting better but the dizziness. I have searched all over the internet trying to see if others have this problem after gb removal and can't find anything. I have stopped the pain meds thinking it was the cause and to my luck it was not. If there is anyone out there who can share in this topic please share with me. I am at my wits end.

Lindsay
hilindsay i know you posted this a long time ago but you are my last chance of finding out whats going on i had my gall bladder out also 2 weeks ago whilst everything else is a lot better i still keep vgetting dizzy spells and can not find any reseaech on this its starting to really scare me and i was hopingthis would reach you as you must know by now what the problem is or was in your case. please please help .
|

replied January 12th, 2008
Re: Dizziness After Gallbladder Removal!!!!!!! Help!!!!!!!!!
rsteele wrote:
but_r_fly8 wrote:

Lindsay
hilindsay i know you posted this a long time ago but you are my last chance of finding out whats going on i had my gall bladder out also 2 weeks ago whilst everything else is a lot better i still keep vgetting dizzy spells and can not find any reseaech on this its starting to really scare me and i was hopingthis would reach you as you must know by now what the problem is or was in your case. please please help .

Hi. If either of you have any info on the dizziness after having your gallbladder out PLEASE let me know. Dr.s think I'm nuts but I'm not back to normal. Everything is better except the dizziness. Please let me know. Thanks.

Greg
|

replied January 25th, 2008
Dizziness after surgery...
I had my GB out back in June of last year and experienced extreme, scary dizziness before, after and still mildly now. It doesn't scare me the way it did before, but I still hate it. All of my docs think I'm crazy (still), especially when I refuse their anti-anxiety meds. But you know, they dope us up with all of this medication and honestly, I think it makes things worse. Have you ever read up on "stomach dumping"?? You might check that out, they say it effects mostly people who've had gastric bypass, but gallbladder attacks & removal have effected everything else in my body, why not that too??

I am a 28 year old female who is too tired all of the time from all of this and hoping it will gradually dissipate, as it is not disappearing overnight. =)

I think it's odd that if I drink 2-3 beers I'm drunk, 4 and I'm wasted! I guess the positive would be being a cheap drunk. =)
|

replied January 19th, 2010
HI Lindsay!,.. My name is lindsey as well Smile

I am on here today because I feel crazy dizzy! my nerve endings feel like they are spazzing out too
I had my gall bladder out 3 months ago along with a liver resection.
I was worried because I drank a couple nights ago < got way to drunk>
And the next day felt horrible! but today is even worse!!
I wish i got these attacks only from drinking but it happens randomly; not as bad much happens just the same.
Also on nexium as well... and my pharmacy has been out of it so I've been off of it for 4 days < so sick!!>
But my dr. says the dizziness must be cause by anxiety as well.
But Just doesn't sound right to me!
|