Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

Pissed Off Husband

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
Hey guys hope some of you can help me.
I'm 15wks pregnant and hubby is getting quite pissed off with me taking things to heart lately and being offended to things he says, he has always had a habit of saying things without thinking and not meaning exactly what he said (if that makes sense) i'm not usually am emotional person and I don't normally get upset by theses things so he is having a few problems accepting that this is just part of the parcel. My moods are still quite up and down (to be expected) and we keep getting into arguements coz I got annoyed by something he said and doesn't think it should get to me which of course ends with me crying again.
I think you get what I mean here.
Anyone who has been through this with their hubby please let me know how you dealt with it.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 2nd, 2005
Experienced User
Husbands
Well first off I think all of us go through this with our husbands when we are pregnant. You see our hormones are going wacky worse at times then if if were to have just our periods. They don't go through this hormone change.....So they won't understand what we feel. Maybe you should have an honest talk with him and let him understand that what he says and what he does bothers you. If you love one another things will be fine and there is a light at the end of the tunnel once your hormones reajust themselves. Honestly when we are pregnanct we are not the same people untill we give birth and then some of us even go through postpartum, which in some cases can be worse.... Good luck
|

Experienced User
Re: Husbands
3kizz wrote:
well first off I think all of us go through this with our husbands when we are pregnant. You see our hormones are going wacky worse at times then if if were to have just our periods. They don't go through this hormone change.....So they won't understand what we feel. Maybe you should have an honest talk with him and let him understand that what he says and what he does bothers you. If you love one another things will be fine and there is a light at the end of the tunnel once your hormones reajust themselves. Honestly when we are pregnanct we are not the same people untill we give birth and then some of us even go through postpartum, which in some cases can be worse.... Good luck

we have struggled with hormone levels before, I have had bad pms since turning 13 (thereabouts) which got alot worse when we were ttc.
I dont expect him to understand how I feel either, just like I can't understand how he feels about all this but I can try to make life easier on us both. Our marriage is strong we have been through alot together but living each day argueing and making up (now that bit I like) is hard on everyone. I would just like to know how other women dealt with it.
|

Experienced User
I just talk to my husband and sometimes I even ignore him I guess we all have my human moments.
|

replied November 3rd, 2005
Experienced User
I find that the best way is to get the "strop" out of the way and then laugh about the situation later.

Had one the other lunch time. Went to find my fella to say i'd meet him at home for lunch, and he said he would be half an hour....I flipped and said, "what did he think I would do...Wait around for half an hour for him to get his butt in gear?" after stomping off, he came and found me and I just gave him a puppy dog look and we just giggled!

Laughter is a great cure for anything like that. It's a stage that is all part of being pregnant, and although at the time I thought he was being difficult on purpose, I didn't want it to drag on.....He was definately wrong though! Lol
|

User Profile
Community Volunteer
There are great things for dads to be to read and try and understand what you are going through right now. I was super bitchy while pregnant and found some site for hubby to read.
|

Experienced User
Thanks ladies
|

replied November 7th, 2005
Have him go along w/ you to a prenatal check up. My doctor's wife had a new baby 6 moths ago. He told my husband that I can get pretty nuts with all the hormones. Good thing my husband is pretty tolerant.
I've been married 16 years, and we still have issues. You have to remind them that you're hormonally "challenged". Just wait until you start to get forgetful!

I can stand about in the kitchen and forget what I am doing for dinner. I am just at the 5 month mark, and the hormore deal does level off a bit :)
|

Extremely eHealthy
First off let me say when someone strikes in anger they "do mean exactly what they say" I believe it hurts you so much right now, because your more in your heart right now(cuz of babe) and your heart knows he really means it.

Sometimes the only way they can get it out is when they are pissed.
All I can suggest is to try and help him to understand that this is a part of pregnancy and it will not go away. Emotions will be all over the place, and we will snap at them too. But the outbursts are only temporary. I dont ever suggest making life changing relationship decisions at this time in our life. Cuz all is subject to change when hormone levels change back to normal.

Good luck and just try and be patient with his lack of understanding.
|

Experienced User
fatfamily02 wrote:
first off let me say when someone strikes in anger they "do mean exactly what they say" I believe it hurts you so much right now, because your more in your heart right now(cuz of babe) and your heart knows he really means it.

i don't know about you but I certainly don't mean everything I say when i'm having an arguement - my mouths just keeps on going. When I said my hubby says things without meaning them, thats exactly what I meant, he has a bad case of foot in mouth so when we have an arguement we don't take anything away from that (it doesn't hurt cause its never meant).

Feltchick - that is another cause for arguement at the moment - forgetting everything. I think memory loss found me early on. :-)

things seem to be going ok at the moment - I am just ignoring him when he f&*% me off and he does the same to me. Its saving a lot of argueing and making up.
|

Experienced User
In the end we are all human. We all tend to forget what the other maybe going through and we all say things that we may mean or may not. It saves me alot of argueing and making up when I can ignore him when I can. B/c a few minutes later we forget what was said. Sometimes we need just to walk away before anything turns ugly.....
|