Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Heart Disease and Heart Attack Forum

Buzzing Or Vibrating Feeling In Chest? (Page 1)

Must Read
What happens during a heart attack? Get heart attack facts here....
What causes a heart attack? Are women more likely than men to have a heart attack? We review the risk factors and causes of heart attack here....
Can you identify early signs and symptoms of a heart attack? Are women heart attack symptoms different than men? Click here to learn when to seek help....
I've been experiencing this off & on for the past sick months. Lately it's become more frequent. It feels like a low buzzing in the center of my chest. Anyone else had experience with this feeling? It's very strange & a bit disconcerting.

Blue
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper rvince
|

replied November 23rd, 2005
Blue, are you dealing with any stressful issues you can think of? This may be a cause. Have you seen a doctor about it? Might be a good idea. What other symptoms do you get when experiencing this buzzing sensation?
|

Experienced User
I've seen a Dr. They really don't know the cause. Just gave me some anxiety meds, but I don't like to take those kinds of things unless absolutely necessary. At this point I definitely think it could be stress related. Had gallbladder surgery in april after a long illness of not knowing what was wrong. Hubby lost his job a month ago. A number of other things...It's been one thing after another, after another this year. After the vibration feeling started I did get chest/back arm & neck pain, but that has subsided as i've gotten my stress level under control, at least i'm trying to.

Thanks for your reply.
|

Hey I understand about stress. I get panic attacks all the time, especially when under extreme stress. Now I know when I start to feel one coming on, I feel as if I am buzzing all over and like I might pass out. It is absolutly scary. I hope things work out for you, just hang in there and only take the meds when you absolutly need them.
|

replied July 19th, 2009
vibrations sensation in chest
I just started having this vibrating sensation about 4 mos. ago and finally went to a doctor. He said he thinks it is Silent Reflux and he gave me same pills to try for 10 days. I have been on them for 5 days and have noticed the vibrating has almost completely stopped. I think it has to do with the esophagus flap or something. I don't have acid reflux symptoms which is why they call it "silent" reflux. Hope this helps other people.
|

replied July 22nd, 2009
i am diabetic and have been for about 25 years (type 2)
i am also insulin resistent and my numbers for the past 2 years average from 220 to 270 and no matter what the doctors do the numbers do not go down. for the past 2 months i have been experiencing the vibrating in my chest also. anyone have any suggestions.
|

replied July 16th, 2010
Iam 16 Smile ive Been Havein Really Really Really Bad Panic Attack,s Where I Have To Ring The Ambulance Beacuse It,s That Bad ! Keep On Thinking iam Gowin To Die But I Realy Focuse On My Body Incase Something Is rong Like HeartAttack Cancer . ect ! Its Really Horrible And It Like Takein Over My Life Nearly Completly I Have To Be Sick Beacuse Iam So Scared And Have To Go On Walks Beacuse I Cannit Keep Still My Body Just Dusnt Feel Right And Now i Am Just Scared Of Most Everything Does enyone No Eny useFull Tip,s iam doing counsling ? and does enyone feel like every pain flick scrach are just the easyist little things reaaaaaaaaly SCARE U ? :/
|

replied April 8th, 2011
I am 29 and going through alot os stress in my marriage. My baby is 13mnths old. I am on anti-depressants and sleeping tablets to help me cope. I have been having this buzzing sensation (very slight) and it lasts a couple of seconds and happens every 10 mins more or less. It has only been happening for 2 days but it is concerning me. I have been having panic attack/crying episodes, headaches, my period is very irregular and I am on contraceptive. I feel very light headed most of the time. Any advice, please???....
|

replied May 25th, 2012
Hi, I'm looking here because I have a wierd 'cell phone' vibration in my (feels like) left chest area. The rest of this comment is related to the other things you mentioned. I've been trying to deal w/confidence,career,and relationship issues. I recently attended the Landmark Forum. What I've found really useful is information that allows me to dig into areas that aren't working for me and now (a 10 wk seminar follows a long weekend seminar, I'm in wk 4 now) a group of professional people who are (and have been) doing the same kind of introspective work that is starting to give me some new avenues to pursue something great in my life. Sincerely, Doug
|

User Profile
replied September 16th, 2010
Experienced User
Hey, I was just woken up for the 2nd of third time with this vibrating... this time it was pretty strong! Im really scared. Its a bit more reassuring reading about a doctors visit that showed nothing obviously major... Ive been dealing with stress and ive also been drinking a lot. For the past couple weeks ive almost always been going to bed drunk or buzzed and not being able to fall alseep.. alcohol only intensifies my anxiety... please help!
|

replied December 5th, 2011
Yes alcohol can have a counter effect that actually make the symptoms worse so I would definitely refrain from drinking. As someone who has dealt with these symptoms for right years the best thing is to focus on staying calm and relaxing. Do some yoga/meditation and if you're lucky enough to have a significant other, have them squeeze hug you from behind. This suppresses your central nervous system and can eventually stop the shaking/vibrating. Hope it helps and good luck to all.
|

replied September 22nd, 2010
Possible cause of the vibrations
This just started happening to me and I found this site among many others. One person said they turned the wi-fi and bluetooth devices in their house off and the vibrations stopped, figured I'd post this and come back in a few weeks to see if this had an effect on anyone.
|

replied February 6th, 2014
I noticed vibrating across my chest and stopped wearing my fitbit. The sensation stopped. So I do think there is something to turning off devices.
|

replied September 22nd, 2010
A few other people said that their doctor told them it was something called silent reflux or Laryngopharyngeal Reflux

Silent reflux treatment for adults may include these home care steps:

Lose weight, if needed.
Quit smoking, if you are a smoker.
Avoid alcohol.
Restrict chocolate, mints, fats, citrus fruits, carbonated beverages, spicy or tomato-based products, red wine, and caffeine.
Stop eating at least three hours before going to bed.
Elevate the head of the bed about 4 to 6 inches.
Avoid wearing tight-fitting clothes around the waist.
Try chewing gum to increase saliva and neutralize acid.
|

User Profile
replied September 30th, 2010
Experienced User
Yeah, ive heard of Silent Reflux.. i havent had any really strong vibrating... but it still does happen a bit. it sucks, id recommend going to your doctor and getting some tests or something done, or some advice... im going to do that
|

replied December 4th, 2010
Slight vibrations in chest
I have experienced these type of sensations for several months now. Several years ago, I was diagnosed with a mitral valve prolapse. My heart rate would soar during exercise and I would get lightheaded. My doctor described it as a stuck carburetor. I'm in good health otherwise and I've done nothing different. When I told him about feeling like I had vibrating phone in my chest, every few seconds, he attributed it to my MVP.
|

replied November 8th, 2011
MVP
I Have MVP too and i feel vibrations every second
I didnt tell my doc about it.What Should i do?
|

replied December 13th, 2010
Vibrating in chest
I've been experiencing this sensation for many months. I've undergone numerous tests and visited a cardiologist, but it's nothing to do with my heart. I notice the vibrating nearly every night while I lie in bed. While in the Rocky Mountains in May, my chest buzzed like a vibrator. Very scary! I checked my pulse, and it was normal. After numerous tests, the docs found no cause.
|

replied January 29th, 2011
Chest Vibrating
I am a 39 year old female and for the past 2-3 weeks, I have felt vibrating in the middle of my chest. It only last seconds, but it is a scary feeling. It only happens 1 or 2 times a day, but such a weird feeling. I will be going to the doctors soon, but will try not to eat certain foods just in case it is silent reflux like someone mentioned above. I hope this goes away soon.
|

replied May 29th, 2011
I have spent lots of money on Doctors to try & figure this out. The first one said it might be homone inbalance (I am a 54 female) The cartiologist put me through every test he could & ended up saying the same thing. My new doctor has me on hormone creams & magnesium pills. This seems to help some, but not completely. Oh well I guess it is something I just have to live with.
|

replied January 29th, 2011
Buzzing in center of chest
I continue to have this buzzing every night when I lie in bed. (I think it's all the time, but I notice it only when lying still and quiet.)Each session lasts for many seconds but less than a minute. My pulse does not change. I have no known health problems, feel calm and unstressed, take no meds, do not drink alcohol nor smoke. It's been going on for at least 9 mo. I'm beginning to think it's just something I have to live with.
|

replied February 17th, 2011
I have this horrible feeling too. I have panic disorder so I am guessing it's just part of that. Going to check with my doctor though. Can't seem to control it at all.
|

replied February 17th, 2011
I also have reflux and take Nexium but I haven't been good lately about taking it half hour before I eat like I'm supposed to either. I also notice my anxiety and symptoms get better if I get up and force myself to do something like clean, organize, etc. I think the physical activity helps as well as keeps my mind off of it. Taking a hot shower also helps mask the vibrating and helps to calm me down. Maybe this can help others too. When all else fails, take your meds;) I take Prozac regularly and Klonopin as needed.
|

replied December 9th, 2011
I'm 18, play sport weekly, never smoked, drink small amounts infrequently and eat carbs and not much chocolate etc, but for about the past 2 weeks or so i have had vibrations for around a minute every now and then. Sometimes they are every few minutes and sometimes every hour. I have no idea what this could be and it doesn't seem to affect me physically and seems as though I could live with it, apart from how unerving it is! I am in the final year of doing the IB which may be contributing towards more stress than usual but that is all I can think may cause it. If anyone has any definitive answers about why this happens I'd appreciate knowing! Will see a doctor asap but very busy the next few weeks!
|

User Profile
replied December 27th, 2011
Hi,

About 10 years ago I had a bad flu. It ended up attacking my heart and inside my chest wall. I had frightening symptoms, such as the heart misfiring, extreme fatigue, muscle weakness and this wierd buzzing or vibrating sensation in my chest.

It was attributed to inflammation of the lining of the chest wall, inflamtion of the linging of the heart. Sometimes it's in the middle of the chest but when it's to the left of middle it makes the heart misfire. It can make me dizzy and lightheaded.

Still to this day it flares up when I am run down or catch a flu or something and it feels horrible, you think you are going to have a heart attack or something. I think it leaves a weakness that is with you for a long time if not life.
|

replied February 10th, 2012
I'm currently feeling the same sensation on the left Side of my chest! Been happening for around a week now. I'm a 37 year old male and it's a bit scary.
I recently had a health scan and was advised that I was pretty healthy other than I could do with loosing a little bit of weight.
Unsure what to do, any advise would be greatly appreciated.
|
12 >>