Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

Right Sided Pain Very Early In Pregnancy (Page 1)

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
Hi. I am only about 4 1/2 weeks pregnant. Just took my home test 2 days ago, one day before my missed period. Today I am having right sided pain that feels like a really bad "stitch" in my side. The pain is not severe or overwhelming. I feel it is too early to be "stretching" as far as muscles/ligaments, but may be wrong. Has anyone else had this?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper candace4482
|

replied November 2nd, 2005
Experienced User
I know exactly what you are talking about. I started having that around 4-5 weeks in but I didn't know I was pregnant yet. It continued on until about 8 weeks when a felt this and every once in a while I still feel that now even though it is not as strong as it was.

Mention this to your doctor when you go for your appointment. I think it should be ok. I have read other posts of women asking the same thing. Everything is changing and starting to stretch in there.
As long as the pains aren't so strong that you can't stand them everything should be fine.

Just relax and try to take it easy.
|

replied October 31st, 2012
pains in my right side
i jus came on the site n foud that u have the same thing as me................... rght now its soo bad i feel like i jus ran a mile and drank a jug of water
|

Yeah im pretty sure that is normal. Its just your uterus starting to expand to make way for the baby.
Dont worrry :)
|

Experienced User
Yes and I too think its normal...I am 16 weeks and I still get pains like this if that eases your mind some.
|

User Profile
Supporter
I use to get that pain very early on in my pregnancy, especially when I sneezed
|

It is probably just your ligaments stretching. It happened to me too. It will happpen to you again starting around the 5 or 6th month when the baby starts growing faster. No worries but still ask your Dr.
|

replied November 3rd, 2005
Thanks
Thank you to everyone for making me feel better :)
|

replied November 5th, 2005
Hello

this could be very normal as every body else said. But if you start to having brown discharges, it is better to talk to your doc about it. Last month I got pregnant and I had pain in my right side. Actually I was unfortunate and didn't make that pregnancy. Because some time side pain is sign of ectopic pregnancy, which was for me, and I miscarried my baby in 5 week.

Most probably this is not the case most of the time, but it is good to be aware if you have either discharges or your hcg count is not as high as it should be.

Good luck
|

replied November 11th, 2005
How Bad Is the Pain
Hopefully by now you saw your dr, but I had pain on my right side I was pregnant right but the baby was in the tube when I had a sonogram and the baby did not make it, be carefull
|

replied October 13th, 2009
I am experiencing a small pain to the left of my belly botton, I am neraly 6 weeks pregnant and a little worried as I had a blighted ovum when I went for my 3 month scan back in June this year.
|

replied March 9th, 2010
I am 5 almost 6 weeks pregnant and my pains just started this morning and if i sneeze or cough or move funny then it hurts in my side or in my lower stomach. any advice?
|

replied April 13th, 2010
omg i get that pain when i cough and sneeze!! was really really worried im having another ectopic so have a scan, so glad others are getting it!
|

replied April 16th, 2010
I too am having the right side pain. It''s painful enough that I am researching it, since this is my first time and I''d rather be safe than sorry. So this IS relatively normal for about 4 weeks? There''s nothing to worry about??
PS -- It''s hard to concentrate on anything else...
|

replied May 6th, 2011
verynewtothis - I could have written this post!
I am 5 weeks, tho can't get my head round that as I know I only conceived 2 1/2 weeks ago!
I have constant stitch like aches on right and left side and keep freaking out abut ectopic pregnancies, so good to know others are feeling the same!
I cannot concentrate on anything - how are you now a few weeks further along?
MayDayJoy
|

replied March 26th, 2012
A month ago I had the same lower back pain and abdominal pain when I went to the doctor unfortunately I was having a ectopic pregnancy. Any pain is means to have it checked out. Best wishes to all
|

replied May 14th, 2010
Could I be pregnant
Hi first to this forum I am uncertain if I am pregnant yet, we have been trying, it is two weeks to my period but have been experiencing premenstrual cramps with distinct crampy feeling on the right sometimes left side, could this be an indication of pregnancy, the waiting is really getting to me now:-)
|

User Profile
replied May 14th, 2010
if you still have 2 weeks to go before your period, you may be experiencing cramps that can come with ovulation.
|

replied May 21st, 2010
Pregnant?
Hi jms100 I miscalculated weeks, I am now 3 days late for my period, I know I must wait a few days after the last day. I am experiencing lower back pain, and nausea on and off and headaches,guess will have to continue with the waiting game.Thanks for the response
|

User Profile
replied June 4th, 2010
I'm getting a stitch like pain in my right side just under my ribs... I've had a scan 3 days ago and I'm 8 weeks pregnant. They said all was fine but I'm worried! It can't be an ectopic pregnancy because that would be noticed in the scan?

is it just my body changing?
I felt silly for worrying until I saw these posts! deffinately gonna be using this forum for the duration of my pregnancy! Smile
|

replied April 13th, 2013
side pain too
I have a pain on my right side of my lower back, just abit worried is it normal pregnancy feelings? i am 14 weeks n 3 days..
|

replied May 19th, 2013
Did you find out what it was?
|

replied May 4th, 2013
Left side pain
i have very light pain on left side its very slightly.as i m pregnant, got u/s yesterday sac was not visible its less than 5w doc asked me to come after 2 week again for u/s.
can any one tell is it a symptoms of ectopic pregnancy
|

replied May 29th, 2013
Rani007 not to scare u, but that's how my ectopic started out. Have ur doc to test ur hcg levels to see if they're doubling. Good Luck n God bless you.
|
12 >>