Medical Questions > Cancer > Leukemia Forum

Simple Leukemia Question

Must Read
Click here for basic info on leukemia, including diagnostic types and how doctors classify this disease of blood forming tissues....
Is leukemia inherited? Read here for more info on what causes leukemia and what environment risk factors or triggers you might avoid....
Leukemia can affect many parts of the body, including the organs of the cardiovascular and digestive systems. But what are the major symptoms of leukemia?...
I'm 14 years old, and due to some strange symptoms, which I don't want to specify on the message board (though I would like to discuss it with anyone who knows a lot about leukemia through a couple of private messages), I am nervous about possible leukemia. I was wondering what the common age range for leukemia is, because I have ordinarily only heard of young kids (6-10 maybe?) being treated.

Also, in very general terms, what are the main types of the disease? I don't know anything about different types of leukemia, but my main symptoms are bruising and fatigue if that helps any.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 3rd, 2005
Re: Simple Leukemia Question
jd212 wrote:
i'm 14 years old, and due to some strange symptoms, which I don't want to specify on the message board (though I would like to discuss it with anyone who knows a lot about leukemia through a couple of private messages), I am nervous about possible leukemia. I was wondering what the common age range for leukemia is, because I have ordinarily only heard of young kids (6-10 maybe?) being treated.

Also, in very general terms, what are the main types of the disease? I don't know anything about different types of leukemia, but my main symptoms are bruising and fatigue if that helps any.

I'm not sure email addresses are permitted on this board but try emailing me and I will try to answer your questions. I've done hundreds of hours of research and my gf had aml last year.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply