Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Neurological Disorders Forum

Hot Spots On My Foot

Must Read
How can you tell if a headache is serious, or not? What types of headaches are there? Get started learning the facts about headache here....
Do you know when to seek help for headache symptoms? Learn more about symptoms of the four different types of headaches...and when to go to a doctor here....
Headaches can be caused by various medical conditions. Learn which tests doctors use to diagnose problem headaches...and who you should see to start diagnosis....
Hello i've recently had an episode of severe neck and throat pain, I could not swallow anything period without severe pain and tears.... The pain in my neck was not like normal pain, but like an electrical type current pain going up the back of my neck into the back of my head, ie) right side

i don't believe my doc knows yet what exactly has caused this flare up, and I have never had this type of pain before.... So far all he has ruled out is "shingles", and he doesnt think it is ms (although no testing has been done for it at this time), but my aunt had ms,

so there are a few things going on, I just had 6 x rays done of my neck bone to see how severe the arthritis is , as I do beleive I have arthritis in my neck,,, as it grinds and makes weird noises , but I also have tmj

ive recently been put on a trycyclic anti depressant, along with anti inflamitorys

one night this week, I was in bed and I felt this warm spot on my right foot and it got warmer, it was just one spot on the top of my foot I call it a hot spot because I dont really know what the heck to call it... It would come and go and come and go this lasted apx 1 hour

has anyone ever had this? It didnt hurt or itch mostly just strange and annoying
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 20th, 2007
Re: Hot Spots On My Foot
poetprose wrote:
Hello i've recently had an episode of severe neck and throat pain, I could not swallow anything period without severe pain and tears.... The pain in my neck was not like normal pain, but like an electrical type current pain going up the back of my neck into the back of my head, ie) right side

i don't believe my doc knows yet what exactly has caused this flare up, and I have never had this type of pain before.... So far all he has ruled out is "shingles", and he doesnt think it is ms (although no testing has been done for it at this time), but my aunt had ms,

so there are a few things going on, I just had 6 x rays done of my neck bone to see how severe the arthritis is , as I do beleive I have arthritis in my neck,,, as it grinds and makes weird noises , but I also have tmj

ive recently been put on a trycyclic anti depressant, along with anti inflamitorys

one night this week, I was in bed and I felt this warm spot on my right foot and it got warmer, it was just one spot on the top of my foot I call it a hot spot because I dont really know what the heck to call it... It would come and go and come and go this lasted apx 1 hour

has anyone ever had this? It didnt hurt or itch mostly just strange and annoying

Hi There,
I have recently started experiencing similiar symptoms, I have severe neck pain and shocking pain when I move my head. The severity comes and goes and sometimes moves around or shoots down an arm. No throat pain though. I found out I have a bulging disc in the 5-6 lumbar of my neck and it is pushing on the left side of my spinal cord. I had x-rays which showed nothing-found this out through an MRI. I have started experiencing a hot spot on the top of my right foot by my ankle. I don't know if this is connected to my bulging disc. I'm also a little puzzled by what it is and where it came from, but thought maybe some of this would help. You may want to suggest to your doctor an MRI and see if you have some other issues going on neurologically.
|

replied August 31st, 2010
hot spot on right foot
I had an allergic reaction to a plant recently follow by neck pain and right foot hot spot.
it all went away within weeks
|

replied November 17th, 2011
Hot Foot
My right foot only will start to heat up and leave just as quickly for no apparent reason. This happen several times in a day. I am feeling fine and have no idea what this is all about. I have a history of migraines, but have not had any lately as I am on Lexapro and that seems to have stopped the headaches. It is making me a little nervous.
|

replied March 5th, 2012
It's your bulging disk putting pressure on your spinal cord which is sending message through the nerve and getting misdirected, causing heat or hot spots in the lower legs/foot. Have a MRI for your spine, find a good Chiropractor that does spinal decompression and get an inversion table or nubax. And don't take a lot of pills which are not useful.
|