Medical Questions > Mens Health > Sexual Health - Men Forum

the Importance of Reverse Kegels (Page 1)

Must Read
Talking openly about the penis is a very personal matter. Learn basic penis anatomy to discuss penile disorders accurately with your doctor....
Penis symptoms that interfere with sexual activity or urination could be serious. Learn the signs and symptoms of penis problems that require a doctor's help....
How do urologists evaluate and diagnose painful penis? A penis disorder is a medical problem. Learn more about possible diagnoses for penis disorders now....
Lemme guess, you practice kegels to make your pc stronger so you will be able to control when you ejaculate? That's what much literature on the web has advertised, after all.

This literature, however is missing the other half the kegel equation.

For many men, reverse kegels are an essential element to delaying ejaculation.

While the regular kegel exercise strengthens and tones the pc muscle, the process of the reverse kegel softens and relaxes it. As you become more and more aroused your pc muscle contracts tighter and tighter, pressing against the male g-spot. It is this quick involuntary tightening of the muscle which causes pe in many men. For some men, practicing kegel exercises has caused them to experience even worse pe than before. This is because as they exercise their pc it becomes a tighter and tighter muscle, thus making it more prone to involuntary tightening during periods of high arousal like sex. While there is nothing wrong with having a strong, healthy pc muscle, it will do no good to help curb pe unless relaxed and loose. The process of reverse kegeling pushes blood into the pc and penis and, over time, stretches out the pc muscle so that it is loose and much more resistant to contracting and seizing up. Next time you masturbate, try to feel how your pc begins to seize up as you become aroused.

Like kegels, reverse kegels take a few tries before you feel them working on your pc specifically. Try to relax your whole penile area while you do them and feel the blod flow into the pc and penis. This should be done a lot during your day, yes you tend to fart from it but learn to deal with this aspect of the exercise, the future of your sexlife is at stake, after all. After a few days you will notice that area feels much looser. It is esentially a muscle you have not stretched much in your lifetime.

I am an expert only in that I have been dealing with pe for years and have tried almost everything. Like many of you i'm sure, I found that not much seemed to help. The combination of kegels and reverse kegels works. But some of us have to emphasize the reverse side of the exercise.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper kooma
|
Users who thank kooma for this post: jeanjeany 

replied March 4th, 2006
Reverse Kegels...
Ummm...I'm not sure I understand your "reverse kegels" method. I did kegels for about 2 months because I thought my 7-10 min. Of sex was premature ejaculation. Unfortunately I now have p.E. Where I ejaculate upon penetration. I have had this for over 2 years now. I have tried everything. So, please if this has worked for you, can you please elaborate on it and explain how it's done specifically? Thanks alot.
|

replied August 31st, 2012
Yes, you need to do the RK and PEE at the same time to hold off ejaculation
|

replied March 6th, 2006
So that's why I fart all the time!
|

replied August 12th, 2006
So how often should u do these reverse kegels? How intense should u do them
|

replied May 22nd, 2008
Experienced User
Kooma is right. kegels are for women and pregnancy etc, reverse kegels are for men, particularly to fix premature ejaculation.
|

replied April 9th, 2009
Yup makes perfect sense. Especially if you have bad masturbation habits.
Kegels give you a stronger and faster ejaculation, reverse kegels should give you control over the contractions of the pc muscle opposed to the reflex.
|

replied May 6th, 2009
Experienced User
breathing
hey. I really cant breathe and do a reverse kegel hold at the same time.

is this normal?

does it matter if I breathe or not?

how do I breathe aswell?

and are normal kegels still important to do for holding off ejaculation?

thanks
|

replied August 15th, 2009
I have not find authentic resource on reverse kegel
|

Extremely eHealthy
Well hold on a second. Kegel exercises as they've been practiced by men and women for generations strengthen orgasmic response. They intensify orgasm but more so offer control over orgasmic release. This does mean better ability to decide when you will ejaculate. I haven't seen any credible information that reversing the order you flex your PCs in changes the benefit in any way. The same muscles are getting the same exercise. You wouldn't expect your body to work any differently if you reverse the order of your upper body weight training routine, why would your pelvic muscles work any differently?
|

can anybody have used reverse kegel and have seen its benefit?
|

replied September 2nd, 2009
KEGELS ARE BAD!!! I used to do them all the time now I can cum across the room yay f**ing useless when your with a woman. When your PC muscle is like an Arnold Schwarzenegger bicep its not good you'll feel that thing contract and boom its over. What ever you do dont do kegels theyre unnecessary. Do one kegel while your hard and notice the cum start rushing into your penis. Then try to relax it notice the control you gain. Kegels for men is a widely accepted Stupid Idea, I hope reverse kegels work. The only ejaculatory thing kegels offer is being able to stop your self from coming. But women hate that stop start give me a minute thing. Relax that PC.

How to do a reverse Kegel
Take a piss try to force it out stronger thats a reverse kegel. Because regular kegels you suck in like your stopping you self from pissing.
|

replied September 23rd, 2009
how to do kegel
Alright this really works ive been doing reverse kegels just past couple months and i can last for a long time now. Heres how it works. I know this sounds gross but go take a poop to be on the safe side lol. Alright now a reverse kegel is simple all you do is act like your trying to push out a bowel movement that cant come out, thats it. Now what you do to practice; masturbate and the point where your about to cum most ppl do kegel dont do a reverse(try to pust out a poop pretty much) what happen the senstivity goes away that feeling of about to cum. BUT you have to keep doing in it cause youll get that feeling back like your going to cum pretty quick but everytime your about to act like your pushing a poop out then pretty soon like after the 4th time doing it(FOR ME ANYWAY) youll get to the point where its very lossen up your senstivity to cumming and then youll just keep going and going and for me now i have to force my self to cum cause sometimes i cant after doing reverse kegles.
|

replied May 12th, 2013
Teach me Master. How do i contact you.?
|

replied October 5th, 2009
Experienced User
well put man! I also had a serious problem with PE i found out this reverse kegel thing on my own one day. I also try to never flex the pc muscle all day. It really worked for me but it took months of dedication of remembering to stay relaxed. Try it but give it some time. At first it will seem impossible to keep that muscle relaxed during stimulation but just don't give up it actually starts to work.
|

Experienced User
W0LF wrote:
Well hold on a second. Kegel exercises as they've been practiced by men and women for generations strengthen orgasmic response. They intensify orgasm but more so offer control over orgasmic release. This does mean better ability to decide when you will ejaculate. I haven't seen any credible information that reversing the order you flex your PCs in changes the benefit in any way. The same muscles are getting the same exercise. You wouldn't expect your body to work any differently if you reverse the order of your upper body weight training routine, why would your pelvic muscles work any differently?

this has nothing to do with weight lifting. and it was never proven that kegels help to improve control, i could show you many people that said kegels made there PE worse. Orgasm is mainly caused by a release of muscle tension. I noticed that i tend to flex the pc muscle during stress and anxiety throughout the day. After i worked on releasing the tension in my pc by relaxing it all day and practicing during masturbation my pe was actually gone. If you are going to do this just keep in mind that no matter how good it feels just focus on keeping those muscles relaxed. And next time your having a few drinks notice how relaxed your pc muscle is.. that may help explain why a lot of people have good control even after just a couple drinks.
|

Extremely eHealthy
Um, I think you're thinking of something else John414

The PC muscle group is a very small muscle group who's contraction allow erection. Because they circle the urethra contracting them can cause some pleasure and can intensify orgasm. However, relaxing them doesn't do anything sexually, it causes your erection to deflate. It's possible that if you have fantastical muscle control you can exercise the muscles in this group individually but exactly like weight lifting, since these muscles work in concert it doesn't matter what order you flex them in.

Muscular action does not cause orgasm in men. flexing of kegel and pelvic floor muscles can increase stimulus and make orgasm easier for men. Ejaculation is driven by the electrical wave of your orgasm causing muscles to tighten in series But if every muscle in your lower anatomy was surgically removed you could still orgasm, it's a neurological trigger.

Since the kegel muscles in men allow and maintain erection there is as much evidence that kegel exercises help men get and stay erect as there is evidence that arm curls help you lift heavy objects with your arm. It's how your body functions, no wacky theoretical stuff going on there.
|

replied October 7th, 2009
Experienced User
Ok, but that doesn't explain why me and a few other men from another thread cured our problem by learning to relax the groin muscles.
|

replied October 7th, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
Nope, just means that it is unrelated to the kegel muscle group.

Like I said tightening the muscles that wrap the urethra and line pelvic floor during sex increase sensation and make orgasm easier. It sounds like you're simply consciously not doing that.
|

replied October 8th, 2009
i really dont get how to do reverse kegel exercise can some explain how to do em
|

replied January 25th, 2010
Kegels do work! Just do them correctly.
Why are you guys so hostile against kegels? They do work! They can give you better and harder erection. And you can control your ejaculation by contracting your BC muscle. The secret is to use it right and at the right time! I can achieve dry orgasms by contracting my BC muscle when near the PONR (point of no return).

Just imagine that performing a hard kegel is your last line of defense in order to stop ejaculation. What do you need? You need a strong BC muscle which is achieved by doing kegel exercises and you also need to know your body, meaning the exact time you ejaculate.

When you feel the PONR closing, stop all stimulation (whether it is with your hand or normal intercourse), perform a strong kegel to help getting passed the feeling of ejaculation. My kegel lasts around 10 seconds. That means I stop stimulation, contract my BC muscle AND keep it contracted as long as I have to. Usually around 10 seconds. Then the feeling of ejaculation has passed and I can continue stimulation.

To identify which is a kegel and which is reversed kegel, you need to practice. A lot! Stop urinating means it is a kegel, accelerate urinating thus pushing it out faster is a reversed kegel. It is all about knowing your body and practicing. Don't be shy to masturbate and getting to know your body.

Cheers guys,

Elias
|

replied March 6th, 2011
This is all quite interesting. I will say that I have been doing a lot of kegels the past couple months, just squeezing the hell out of those muscles all day long, and it seems to have made PE worse. That involuntary fluttering in the muscles in my perineum that bring me to orgasm is much stronger now, and a little more hyperactive. while slightly stronger erections and long range cum shots are a fun side effect, that is not the goal here. My erections are great. I just need to calm down the orgasm response. I'm going to work on these reverse kegels.

W0lf has a point when he says "muscle action is not muscular". It IS muscular, but there's more going on. It's also very much an chemical-eletrical response. But maybe it's that our muscle activity can influence greatly this chemical/electrical response. For sure John 414 is onto something.
|
12 >>