Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Third Trimester of Pregnancy Forum

Hiccups And Kick Counts

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
I am 30 weeks today and have recently begun to feel my baby hiccup. It is a steady light thump every second or so and it goes on for a few minutes. It is a pretty cool feeling but not nearly as strong as the baby's movements. My doctor is having me keep track of her kicks once a day. I enjoy it because it is reassurance that every thing is okay and tha my baby is still safe and happy in my tummy.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper bleedeliciouscandy
|

replied October 31st, 2005
Experienced User
Lots of Hic Cups
I am 34 weeks pregnant and the baby gets the hic cups about 6 times a day it feels so weird but like you said you always know bub is fine
|

replied November 2nd, 2005
My baby always gets the hiccups at like 9 or 10 every night! It's so cute hehe..
|

User Profile
replied November 3rd, 2005
Community Volunteer
My son got the hiccups in my tummy for about the last 3months like 3 times a day adn he had them at least twice a day till he was about 3 months old-lol.
|

User Profile
replied January 2nd, 2006
Active User, very eHealthy
I'm 30 weeks and 4 days and I don't think I have ever felt my booger have hiccups...Is it normal for a baby not to get hiccups at all throughout a pregnancy?
|

replied January 2nd, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
Kimmeh---i only remember my first son having the hiccups. The others could have but I dont recall. The baby starts hiccuping with breathing in the amniotic fluid, which the online journals say is just now happening for me---and I am 27 weeks.
|

replied January 7th, 2006
Experienced User
I read somewhere that not all babies get hiccups in the belly.
|

replied January 15th, 2006
I am 28,8 weeks and my baby has hiccups for the last 2 weeks and it's quite funny! My husband loves to see my belly moving rhytmic every second for about 2-3 minutes. After the hiccup ends I am under "kick attack" from her like I am the one who's responsible for that. Heh ...

I believe that these incidents are the ones that makes you adore your baby even more and be anxious to hold it!!!!
|

replied January 17th, 2006
Experienced User
Is that what those lighter movements are? Like if you put your hand on your tummy and get a good bit of really light kicks in a row....I wasn't sure. I knew what they felt like earleir on but who knows! I love getting the stronger kicks where my stomach moves from right to left, and left to right-think that's the neatest thing in the world.
Only 2 more weeks from tomorrow 'til my due date!
|

replied April 2nd, 2006
Hiccupss!
Oh my gosh! When I was pregnant with my daughter, she had hiccups like 5 times a day! It seemed like sometimes certain foods set them off, like spicy foods and ice cream, but sometimes they were just random!
I loved knowing that she was okay in there, but sometimes they were really hard and uncomftorable!
Also, when I was pregnant with her, i got the hiccups alot, too! Not as often as she did, but quite often!
Sorry for rambling, I guess I just have a lot of stuff to say about this one! :p
|

replied April 2nd, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
When did ya'll start feeling little movements?
|

replied April 3rd, 2006
Especially eHealthy
Hiccups!!
I'm 36.3 weeks preggy and my angel does it a lot when I eat sweets. Like she can't drink enough of the fluid and get too excited and gets the hiccups! I have a method for thrying to stop them! I lay on my side and rock my hips while my man taps on my belly. It never works...But its fun to try!!

At 30 weeks I don't think I really felt her doing them...Of course I don't remember much about 6 weeks ago!! Lol..But it's ok for you not to feel them yet. You will I promise! Just cuz you're not feeling the repetitive bump doesn't mean he/she isn't doing it!! It's a reasurance to know that they have a diaphragm.

I can't wait to see my baby!! I watch those shows about deliveries and some are at like 26 - 30 weeks preggy and the baby is actually a good size! I have a hrd time believing something bigger than that is gonna come out of my belly!!!

Sarah
|