Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

Losing My Mind!!!

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
User Profile
Heeeeeelp!!!!!!!!! Trey still does not sleep the night. He is still up every 4 hours to eat. I have tried everything to get him to sleep longer. I am slowly going crazy as I have no help during the days. What can I do?????? Hubby had to take the day off of work yesterday so I could sleep cause I was losing it.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied October 28th, 2005
Extremely eHealthy
Well hunni, trey's a big boy who needs to eat lots. And I know it's hard for u to take care of him all by urself. Maybe after mikey gets home, u should give trey to him right away and try to catch some sleep. Just a quick power nap. Any little bit will help. And if not, send trey to lex. Lol then he can play with gabrielle and drive lex nuts lol ;)
|

User Profile
replied October 28th, 2005
Extremely eHealthy
Hey jess

my daughter started waking up at night again and I know the feeling! Im prego and so incredibly exhausted I want to crumble and die but hubby has been really good to me and even got some extra help for around the house. Teething sometimes keeps them up at night, try a bath before bed and burn them out during the day go for a walk or two a day without overstimulating I find it helps.

Jess
|

replied October 29th, 2005
Experienced User
How Old Is Trey Now
I know that it is frowed apon to give a child anything other then milk before they are 6 moths old, but if he is still getting up that often to eat then you could try giving him a little bit of starter cereal before he goes to bed...Before he gets another bottle or breast if you are lucky enought to do that...A friend of mine had the same problem and that is what she did...And her daughter started sleeping longer. But this is just advice of mine, hope you will be able to get some more sleep

jenn
|

User Profile
Community Volunteer
My son's been having cereal since 3 months and veggies since 4 months (reccomended by ped and child dietician as he is so big)

and yes jamie 7-8 oz every 4 hours. I am slowly going crazy.

Oh for those of you that don't know, trey is almost 4 1/2 months and weighs a lil over 20lbs and iis 27 inches long! Uh, ya he's big. :)
|

User Profile
Community Volunteer
The ped told me to put a bottle with water in the crib with him and he can have that, but it hasn't worked!
|

replied October 30th, 2005
Experienced User
Uhm...
Everything i've ever read has said not to give them *anything* in bed like that. Not even water. I don't know, who am I to question a ped. But it seems like he's got him eating an awful lot for that age.
|

User Profile
Supporter
Parents tend to give their babies sugar water or milk, which can rot their teeth(even if they haven't broken through). Water is ok....My son still gets it and he's 3 1/2.
|

User Profile
Community Volunteer
Ya I don't give him sugar water and he can't even really pick uo the bottle yet anyway so there's no point in it being in bed with him. Lol

and he eats a lot cause he's a big boy.
|

User Profile
Supporter
Lol, definitely no point in doing that.

I remember the picture...Big boy for sure! My kids were born big like trey and they ate all the time. What can you do though???
|

User Profile
Supporter
jlee77 wrote:
he's beautiful!!

i agree :d
|

User Profile
replied October 31st, 2005