Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Cholesterol Forum

Ringing In the Ear

Must Read
Do you know the difference between good and bad cholesterol? When does cholesterol pose a threat to your health? More info here....
High levels of bad cholesterol in the blood can increase your risk of heart disease. So how do you know if you're experiencing high cholesterol, or not? ...
Who should request cholesterol testing? And how often? Learn how to check your cholesterol levels and what the optimum cholesterol levels are....
Hello everybody
im new to the group,im 29 years old and had the anxiety for over a year now...I have lot os symtomps-palpitations,dizzines stomac problems,tingling in my arms,but the latest is ringing in the left ear and the left side of my head feels frozen,somethimes loud noise bothers me a lot....Anyone withs this symptoms please?
Im currently on ativan and toprol,afraid to start the zoloft
thanks a lot
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 28th, 2005
Ringing In the Ear
Sometimes I get a ringing in my ear, it goes louder then quiter like a alarm, I think more often I get it when I am going to bed and I have to just lie and listen to it till it stops..
I dont know why I get it?
I am not taking any medication, I do have anxiety abit every so often over certain things..
Does anyone else just get this every so often?
|

replied October 28th, 2005
Hi
|

replied February 29th, 2008
ringing in the ear
See your doctor and see an ENT! Could be a lot of things:
1. Certain medications like asprin can cause it
2. Too much salt, caffeine, aspertain from diet soda (or sweeterners)
3. Could be a tumor (which is why you need to see a doctor)
4. Could be from allergies
5. As in my case (I think but it could be an allergy - again check with a doctor and try something like Claritin for a period of time) it could be a virus that will work its way out.
6. Stress, high cholesterol etc. Again, a good reason to check with your doctor.
|

replied March 29th, 2009
Ringing in the Ear
I had similar symptoms and it turned out to be electro magnetic hyper sensitivity -- I especially had symptoms after cell phone or cordless phone use. Definitely worth exploring.
Feel better
|