Medical Questions > Mental Health > Anxiety and Stress Forum

Weird Feeling That Flushes Through Body And Heart Sensations (Page 1)

Must Read
Flu basics - what is the flu? Get started here to learn how to protect yourself....
Who is at risk of developing flu related complications? Can people die from the flu? More on risk factors here....
We answer your questions on flu symptoms here. How are cold and flu symptoms different? When should you seek medical help for flu? Plus more....
I dont know if this is an anxiety attack or not, it happens once in a while,
i get this weird feeling throughout my body and it makes me feel very distant or like my body is stopping and it lasts a few seconds, during this time it feels like my heart stops, bc when I feel my pulses it doesnt feel like it is beating, then I get scared and it starts pounding. Can anxiety make your heart do that???? Or what is that feeling I get, any ideas????

Please help.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper bluesbrother20
|

replied October 27th, 2005
Experienced User
Sounds like a panic attack to me my friend, I wouldnt worry about it. Is there any specific times that you have this 'feeling'? Have you been to see a medical professional?

James
|

replied October 27th, 2005
Thanks
Yea I have been to the doctors several times, but I just wasnt sure if it was all caused by anxiety, its kinda gay how anxiety can do so much to your body. I appreciate your response, the last thing a person with anxiety needs is something more to worry about.
Thanks again!!!
|

replied November 9th, 2005
Experienced User
This happens to me. I can be doing the normal every day things and then wham - a feeling hits me lasting 5 second but the the anxiety kicks in wondering what the hell just happened and my heart starts racing, I go hot and shakey. It is like my heart stops for that 5 seconds and then it starts racing to get up to its normal speed etc.

Is this the same as what you experience????

I can handle the anxiety but this freaks me out!
|

replied November 10th, 2005
Thats exactly it. It feels like my heart stops then it starts to go really fast for no reason and anxiety kicks in. I am pretty sure it is anxiety, a dr told me it can do that, but it seems strange for that to be able to happen. I think it will be ok. If you think about it, it has prob happerned alot of times and it never hurt you, so even if it happens again, it will be okay, ancd eventually when we learn to not fear whatever it is, it will go away. Good luck!!
|

replied November 10th, 2005
Experienced User
It is so good that I can describe it and you know what I am saying.

It won't hurt us we just have to remember that at the time it is happening.
How long have you had your anxiety? Whats your history? Have you done any programs etc. Email me the deatils and I might be able to help you out
|

replied November 11th, 2005
Experienced User
If it happens regularly then you might have a problem but a heart skipping beats and starting up again or having palpitations once in awhile isn't a big deal. A lot of people get them. I've had them both since I was a kid. Your heart can handle a lot more than you'd think.
|

replied January 29th, 2009
i also get ths feeling that my heart stops then i go into anxiety because of whats just happened, i take a deep breath then i check my heart to see if its beating, really freaks me out, sometimes happens at night as well but not always.

bayx
|

replied March 5th, 2009
sinking feeling
i think i get the same feeling. one minute i will be feeling fine and then its like i get this strange "sinking" feeling, or just some very odd physical feeling and then its like my heart has stopped. then it will thump real hard and fast, like its making up for the "skipped" beats.
|

replied May 18th, 2009
help...
for a while now iv been suffering with heart palpitations and strange feelings that go through my head an body they really make me panic. Can anyone help?
|

replied September 9th, 2010
i get them same thing to a t,sitten fine them boom what was that, feeling like id just died for a second i do have an ectopic heart beat, is there a name for this i think its got somthing to do with central sleep apnea. good luck x
|

replied February 27th, 2011
Heart beat stops and causes that rush feeling
Hi everyone. I have been having the same problem lately. My heart will catch me when I am least expecting it and it will stop beating for a few seconds. Then it will beat really fast. Then I panic because I am only 30 years old and think my heart is going to just give up on me. Just to let everyone know, when your heart skips beats, it DOES make up for it. Your heart will always make up for the beats it missed, even if it has to do a double or triple beat. My doc told me that. So, that part of this is normal. Why it skips a beat in the first place is unknown. My doc thinks I am prone to an abnormal heart beat for whatever reason. I am getting a little scared to work out now...
Another thing-too much coffee can set this off. Be careful how much coffee you are drinking!
|

replied June 13th, 2012
I've been going through these strange feelings for 13 years!
I could be on the computer or sitting down or having a normal conversation and bang. A feeling starts to come upon me. Is starts from a distance inside my body and mind and if you let it get to you, your heart will start racing. I want everyone here to take this challenge, when your check your pulse from your risk with having the strange feelings seems it's no big deal to find it right? I want you guys to think about why your having these strange feelings the first thing we think about is it our hearts; we grab our risk and unawared of the strength and fears what we really do is press on fingers too hard on the vien that we actually just stop the flow of blood this makes us think our heart is not beating. Try it, lighty squeeze your pulse and check for a beat it's there right, now put more pressure and watch your heart beat disappear!
This is where our anxiety kicks in because we think our hearts have stopped by infact this feeling could be coming from a different source.
I've been in hospitals over and over again and they have no found out why this is happening to me. I get it so bad that I get a feeling taste in my mouth my body heats up and it feels like my body is shutting down.. Like something is chemically wrong inside me. I keep asking doctors what this could be and they can't figure it out. If anyone can share some real insight on this issue, you would be helping many people.
|

replied October 15th, 2012
At random times I start to feel "nauseous" then cold and crinkly like a bag with the air being sucked out. Palpitations, then a kind of out of body feeling followed by a hot flash. Usually the whole episode takes from three to seven minutes then all is normal again. I may not have one for weeks but then they may come every hour or so for a day. I have had them while in the hospital on telemetry so we know it is not cardiac related but not what it is.
|

This post has been removed because it did not meet our Community Guidelines.

replied June 14th, 2012
Yeah, as a few people have said, it's an 'Ectopic' beat. It's where the electrical currents that make our heart beat get.......'confused' say to speak. It either causes a skipped beat which is what i believe you are experiencing, or an extra beat where you just feel a sudden thud but not everyone feels them when they have them. Although it's a horrible feeling, there usually nothing to worry about unless you start getting them every 1 in 5 beats or something like that.
|

replied July 16th, 2012
I have been having it since i was diagnose with high blood pressure.I feel like flow over my tired body and it feels weird and once i get my whole become heated and i go into panic what's wrong with me and especially when am tired i get it more often am 35 yrs old .I did all the check up and everything seemed fine so i don't know if its anxiety attack or panic attack pls any1 who knows what it could be help
|

replied October 9th, 2012
Hi, i have a problem for the last 2 years. I am 24. Sometimes during these years i feel like my heart will stop or better it beats very strong(not fast but strong)and suddenly i feel some pressure on my head(on the sides exactly next to my eyes, on both sides)! When that happens i feel like i am going to faint, the pressure from these spots starting to spread in the rest of my head! It lasts maximum 5 sec and then the pressure goes away, i am sweating a little not much, and my heart goes very fast!after 2-3 mins i am fine! This episode happened 4 times the last 2 years!
But many other times i feel this small pressure on the sides of my head as i mentioned without the rest episode! Its not a big pressure but it happens! Any idea please?
|

replied October 20th, 2012
Weird deja vu feelings and hot flush
I have just started having some weird episodes myself. Just a few each day for a couple of days. The first time it happened I didn't know what was coming and it freaked me out, but then after that I knew the pattern they followed.
It starts with a feeling rather like deja vu, but its just a feeling of knowing something or someone that I can't put my finger on. This is followed by a kind of surge through my body, like a flood of some drug or something. I can carry on doing things but prefer to stop and wait for it to finish. (It actually happened when I was driving yesyerday, but it didnt stop me and I didnt particularly feel unsafe). Then finally I come out in a hot sweat.
I think the whole thing lasts about a minute, but it is really weird. I haven't seen the doctor yet as it is the weekend, but was wondering if anyone out there had experienced anything similar.
|

replied October 23rd, 2012
You guys should look up auto immune disease and dysautonomia and you will find your answer. This disorder can effect all the systems in our body and you can have 20 different symptoms and realize they are related.
|

replied November 25th, 2012
I just need to know my doctor said it was anxiety after an ekg....but sometimes u get a weird feeling through my body so i feel my pulse and it feels like it stops then heart starts racing for a few minutes could it be from anxiety......i also was takin off lonopin 2 mg a day and ive obly been on them for 3 months could that also have something to do with it.....srry im new here lol
|
12 >>