Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Ear, Nose and Throat Disorders Forum

Rsd Affecting the Ear

Must Read
Do you know the three main reasons we cough? Learn common causes of cough and when coughing might indicate a more serious health problem....
Coughing is normal. But what can cause more troublesome coughs? Learn more about possible causes of cough here....
When should you see a doctor about cough symptoms? When are symptoms a sign of further complications? Learn about cough symptoms basics here....
Hi, I have had an ear condition for 23 years. So far it has been undiagnosed. However, my last trip to the er did give me a bit of hope. He suggested that it could be rsd. My ear swells, turns red hot, extremely painful and shoots a pain down my neck. It's rather odd. Normally it would, on average, flare up 1 or 2 times a month and last about 12 hours. It was hard but I could deal with it. 10 weeks ago I developed an inner and outer ear infection which set this off like never before. It doesnt go away now. I can get the swelling and heat out of it but the pain remains.I've seen a dozen ent's and at least 50 doctors through the years. I have an appointment at a top university in nov. Although it's only a couple of weeks away, it feels like a year. I would like to know if anyone has ever heard of a case of rsd affecting the ear? I appreciate the input. Thank you. :cry:
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 5th, 2011
Yes it does and your teeth too, gums, but my RSD started in my rt upper arm, I have a fire that burns all the time in my rt clavicle area and goes down my arm and fingers and up into my neck and face and ears, my ears hurt and i get so dizzy, but I don't have no infections in my ears, so the doctor put me on meclazine, dizzy pills, I can't go high up stairs like in a stadium or it sends me into pain and dizziness and pressure.
|

replied September 23rd, 2011
rsd/crps in ears
i too have it in my ears...i'm going on 12 years with having RSD and what started in my right foot has now spread into my entire right side of my body, and is mirroring it in my left side as well. it began in my ears in july. i experiences dizziness, pain, ringing and sensitivity to noise too. are your ears sensitive to sound as well????
|

replied September 23rd, 2011
rsd/crps in ears
Hi. I too have it in my ears. I'm going on 12 years of having RSD/CRPS and what started in my right foot has now spread throughout my right side of my body and now is mirroring in my left side as well. I noticed in June, my ears were beginning to ring and I began having sensitivity to sound including my own voice, not to mention the dizziness too. I did faint a couple of times due to the dizziness, which was scary. My question is this...for those who have RSD/CRPS in their ears, do you also have sensitivity to sound and pressure too? Does your throat hurt as well? Look forwards to any replys...thanks, jules
|

User Profile
replied October 2nd, 2012
crps/rsd
Hi, I got RSD/CRPS in my right knee 2 years ago after a twisting injury. It went undiagnosed which led to an operation. This sent CRPS into overdrive and it spread to my foot. They realised what I had had all along. Recently I cut my right hand badly including the tendon and had an op to repair it and yes the CRPS moved there too. I have suffered for 17 years with ear pain that the doctor said was "a stress thing". Incredibly painful and lasting about a week each time. It burns, swells and have shooting,stabbing pains. I cant then open my jaw and my teeth feel as though they are falling out.This was indeed after stress and lack of sleep. I wonder if it was CRPS all along? I have it coming on now which is how I found this site. Is there a way of telling?...cheers Debs
|