Medical Questions > Womens Health > Birth Control Forum

Just Started Bc And Want to Have Sex

Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...
I just started ortotricyclen lo on sunday after my period and it says I must use a back up contraceptive during the first 7 days but my bf whom I havent seen in a while since we're doing the whole long distance thing is coming to see me friday and I am really tempted to just take a chance that day which would be my sixth day on the pill. Is the risk of pregnancy gonna be high? What should I do, even tho I kno the responsible thing to do would be a backup?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 27th, 2005
Experienced User
I wouldn't risk it, because you just never know. The safest thing would be to use a condom, but if you decide not to, I highly recommend some kind of back-up method. You can use a spermicide or even the withdrawal method, which isn't a reliable method of birth control but is better than nothing. The pill instructions clearly state that you must use back-up for the first seven days, so you should assume the pill is not yet effective. I really urge you to use a condom, but just make sure you use something. I know it can be a pain, but it's not worth the risk.
|
Did you find this post helpful?