Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Skin Forum

Itchy Skin....burns Like Fire!!!!

Must Read
Minor and more serious burns account for over 2 million doctor visits each year. But what is a burn? And what happens to the skin when it gets burned?...
Why are children at risk of burns? And what agents can cause the skin to burn? More on causes of skin burns and risk factors you can avoid here....
When should you seek medical help for a skin burn? We review common symptoms of burned skin as well as symptoms of airway burns here....
User Profile
I have fair skin so it has always been sensitive. Lately it has become beyond a joke.

I literally have to scratch every inch of my body till the point that it feels like its on fire!!!!I don't know what to do!! I'm in tears most nights from total frustration!!

I'm not eating anything different but could I be allergic to something??

For the time being does anyone have any home remodies or any type of 'over the counter' medication ideas???

Thanks
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 29th, 2005
It could be hives. Talk to a dermatologist.
|

replied February 16th, 2012
It is probably not hives. I experience this sporadically and I believe it is hormones (women), allergy and also maybe nerve related. It has been going on for years. When the weather is windy and in the high 30's, 40's 50's I get the itches. Hope this makes some sense. It is almost tormenting, especially when trying to sleep. Keep a record of when it happens.
|

User Profile
replied March 2nd, 2012
Experienced User
consult a dermatologists..!
|