Medical Questions > Womens Health > Birth Control Forum

I Could Really Use Some Advice-please Help!

Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...
K, i'm super confused and worried right now. I started the marvelon 21 pill, and it's effective after seven days. I had unprotected sex after about 10 days on it, but then I learned some more about that pill. It said that it was effective after seven days if you took it on day one of ur cycle. I didnt know I could take it on my period, and now i'm scared that I wasnt protected. I have been taking those pills religiously, but does this mean that I might not have been protected? Im super worried right now, since i've only just started. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 25th, 2005
Experienced User
I think you are okay. Most of the time your ovulation is 2 weeks after your period (when you are most fertile). Your chances of getting period really isn't that great. I had sex for a year and a half before I got pregnant. If you start getting symptoms take a pregnancy test, but in my opinion you dont have anything to worry about. Good luck!
|

replied October 25th, 2005
I'll be honest, I don't know a lot about that pill in particular.. But for most pills in general, it says you're protected after 1 day if you take it on the first day of your cycle, and if taken any other time, you're protected after 7 days. Did you read it wrong, perhaps? If not, then like the poster above me said, you're generally only likely to get pregnant halfway through your cycle, so don't worry too much :)
|