Medical Questions > Abortion > Medical Abortion Forum

6 to 7 Weeks Pregnant.....am Having An Abortion On Saturday (Page 1)

Must Read
A D&C is a standard procedure. But it can be scary when you don't know what to expect. Learn about what happens during dilation and curettage to prepare yoursel...
Dilation and curettage, or D & C for short, is a procedure that is used to diagnose and treat a number of womens health conditions. What are some goals of a D a...
A D&C usually is free of problems, and the recovery period for the procedure is short. But knowing about possible complications can help you detect problems ea...
I am too old be be having an abortion but we just found out we were pregnant and although we understand that this was our doing....We have decided that we are just not ready to have a child together....

I called the dr's office and my insurance covers elective pregnancy termination......

I am going wednesday for the first visit and then saturday for the procedure...I am know this is the right choice for me right now....But what should I be expecting afterwards?

Will I hurt? Will I bleed? Will I sleep all day? When can I have sex again?

Where can I go to find answers to these questions?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper im_scared
|

User Profile
replied October 24th, 2005
Advanced Support Team
Re: 6 to 7 Weeks Pregnant.....am Having An Abortion On Satur
im_scared wrote:
i am too old be be having an abortion but we just found out we were pregnant and although we understand that this was our doing....We have decided that we are just not ready to have a child together....

I called the dr's office and my insurance covers elective pregnancy termination......

I am going wednesday for the first visit and then saturday for the procedure...I am know this is the right choice for me right now....But what should I be expecting afterwards?

Will I hurt? Will I bleed? Will I sleep all day? When can I have sex again?

Where can I go to find answers to these questions?

first off just be sure that this is what you want, and that you wont regret your decision...

Everyone is different.. Will you hurt maybe maybe not.. Some people just have cramping like a real bad period.. And some people stay in pain for a couple of days, and some have no problem at all and no pian..

Most people do bleed.. I dont think that I have ever heard of anyone who hasnt..

It all depends on what type of procedure you are having... You will probally cry all day,,

i wouldnt worry about having sex right away.. 1. You might get preg. Right off, and 2. You want to try to get yourself protected in some way to avoid having to repeat this procedure..
This is the best site that I can give you to ref. Your procedure
http://www.Pregnancycenters.Org/abortion.H tml
|

User Profile
replied October 24th, 2005
Extremely eHealthy
I'm Scared
Please do not be afraid, it is a medical procedure and with any medical procedure it can be a little scarry. You are not killing anything, you are terminating a pregnancy and it is your choice.
Jlee this is a support forum, not a put down forum, you have been told that before, quit being so rude!
Tazyd, how do you know that she will cry all day, she maybe happy and relieved..
This is why that they have asked pro-life not to post here but it is an open forum.
Do not be ashamed of what you are doing, you have a right to do what you feel is the best thing to do. You might talk to the dr about getting you on some type of birth control.
You might have some cramping, yes you will bleed, pretty much like a period, you might sleep part of the day, the Dr. Will give you some pain meds for that.
|

replied October 25th, 2005
jlee77 wrote:
when will you be able to have sex again? From the sounds of it, maybe you should stay away from "love making".

You say your too old, do you mind me asking your age?
Clearly, abortion is not age prejudice. Too bad though you did not have the maturity, you and your man, to think about the consequences of sex beforehand. Now your innocent child does not get a shot at a life it will never have.

I just get disgusted by this. Your selfish. I don't care if this is a support forum for abortion. What the hell is wrong with this world? A support forum for killing? Yea, that's normal. :roll: take up knitting, it won't get you pregnant.

not to be an !**@! like you...But I didn't come here to have judgement passed on me....

Youlive your life, and I will live mine....If you have nothing helpful to say.....Please just shut up!
|

Re: I'm Scared
sandyallen wrote:
please do not be afraid, it is a medical procedure and with any medical procedure it can be a little scarry. You are not killing anything, you are terminating a pregnancy and it is your choice.

Jlee this is a support forum, not a put down forum, you have been told that before, quit being so rude!

Tazyd, how do you know that she will cry all day, she maybe happy and relieved..

This is why that they have asked pro-life not to post here but it is an open forum.

Do not be ashamed of what you are doing, you have a right to do what you feel is the best thing to do. You might talk to the dr about getting you on some type of birth control.

You might have some cramping, yes you will bleed, pretty much like a period, you might sleep part of the day, the Dr. Will give you some pain meds for that.

thank you....I guess what I needed is peace of mind....

I am scared of my physical being and my post-procedure emotional state. But I do know that this is the best thing for me and for my boyfriend.

I know some poeple think I am worried about getting back to sex but it is more the needed to know.....Someone to answer all those "stupid" questions we are afraid to ask!
|

User Profile
Advanced Support Team
sandyallen wrote:
please do not be afraid, it is a medical procedure and with any medical procedure it can be a little scarry. You are not killing anything, you are terminating a pregnancy and it is your choice.

i know she will because I had an abortion, and there isnt one person that I know who hasnt cried, and plus she's telling you if you read her post that she is scared.. What do we do when we are scared or afraid we cry....It is natural
|

User Profile
Advanced Support Team
im_scared wrote:
sandyallen wrote:

thank you....I guess what I needed is peace of mind....

I am scared of my physical being and my post-procedure emotional state. But I do know that this is the best thing for me and for my boyfriend.

I know some poeple think I am worried about getting back to sex but it is more the needed to know.....Someone to answer all those "stupid" questions we are afraid to ask!

all you have to do is ask.. I'm not putting you down i'm just telling you from my own experience and from others... And sandallen quit calling me pro life.. You dont know what I am... If you need to talk just pm me I can tell you all about it.
|

Extremely eHealthy
tazzy d wrote:
sandyallen wrote:

tazyd, how do you know that she will cry all day, she maybe happy and relieved..

i know she will because I had an abortion, and there isnt one person that I know who hasnt cried, and plus she's telling you if you read her post that she is scared.. What do we do when we are scared or afraid we cry....It is natural

well, I know a lot of women who have had abortions and didn't cry -- they only relieved. It is one thing to state how you felt, but don't assume that everyone will be like you. It's like saying that "if you have an abortion, you will go home and have waffles and maple syrup and watch the home-shopping channel for fifteen hours before deciding to become an aromatherapist, because that's what I did." they aren't you.
|

Especially eHealthy
I think the posts in here telling her that she's irresponsible, or that she's going to cry all day, or that it's not a good choice, should be deleted. They are inappropriate on a support forum, and i'm glad that she told you people off. The people posting these things have no respect for people's right to make their own choice; they have even stated that they don't care that this is a support forum. Do not respond to this post on this topic, because it's inappropriate. Pm me if you have a problem with that I am saying.

I hope that you feel relieved and freed after your abortion, and that you can move on with your life as soon as possible! As with any medical procedure, your fears are probably worse than what's actually going to happen :)

as far as when you can have sex again, I guess that's a topic that needs to be researched. Probably a week or two after the bleeding stops, and after any pain you may have has gone away, I would assume. A month, maybe? At the most? Are you going onto antibiotics to prevent infection? If so, i'd wait until you've finished all of those before having sex again.
|

User Profile
replied October 26th, 2005
Advanced Support Team
eiri wrote:
i think the posts in here telling her that she's irresponsible, or that she's going to cry all day, or that it's not a good choice, should be deleted. They are inappropriate on a support forum, and i'm glad that she told you people off. The people posting these things have no respect for people's right to make their own choice; they have even stated that they don't care that this is a support forum. Do not respond to this post on this topic, because it's inappropriate. Pm me if you have a problem with that I am saying.

I hope that you feel relieved and freed after your abortion, and that you can move on with your life as soon as possible! As with any medical procedure, your fears are probably worse than what's actually going to happen :)

as far as when you can have sex again, I guess that's a topic that needs to be researched. Probably a week or two after the bleeding stops, and after any pain you may have has gone away, I would assume. A month, maybe? At the most? Are you going onto antibiotics to prevent infection? If so, i'd wait until you've finished all of those before having sex again.

i dont see where she told me off at all.... And I think I gave her support.. I didnt criticize her in anyway.. I just told the truth...
|

replied October 26th, 2005
Active User, very eHealthy
Re: 6 to 7 Weeks Pregnant.....am Having An Abortion On Satur
im_scared wrote:
i am too old be be having an abortion but we just found out we were pregnant and although we understand that this was our doing....We have decided that we are just not ready to have a child together....

Will I hurt?
most women experience cramping similar to their times of the month (if you cramp) and most people deal with the pain with over the counter pain relievers or heating pads.
Quote:
will I bleed?
most likely yes. For a surgical abortion, you may bleed less than you expect depending on the method used. For a medical abortion, most of the women I have spoken with stated that they experienced a lot of blood. (it largely depends on you and your body and the method that you choose for your abortion).
Quote:
will I sleep all day?
not necessarily. I sat around watching movies and was only slightly groggy. Again, it will depend on your body.
Quote:
when can I have sex again?
you should ask this on wednesday when you go in for your first visit. I would think that they would tell you not to resume activity until after your two week check up (depending, again, on the method that you choose). Ask your doctor to be certain.
|

replied October 28th, 2005
7 Weeks
7 weeks - facial features are visible, including a mouth and tongue.
The eyes have a retina and lens. The major muscle system is
developed, and the unborn child practices moving. The child has
its own blood type, distinct from the mother's. These blood cells
are produced by the liver now instead of the yolk sac.
|

replied October 29th, 2005
Especially eHealthy
I would like you to answer it... It's a part of your body, yet it is the half of a possible creature. So?
|

replied October 29th, 2005
Especially eHealthy
It's just an ethically rhetoical question, a different way of looking at things, is all.
|

User Profile
replied October 30th, 2005
Advanced Support Team
Grow up
|

replied October 31st, 2005
Especially eHealthy
Why is this topic not locked? I see no .S.U.P.P.O.R.T going on here, or has no one else freakin' noticed? Actually, there are a couple of topics on this forum that need to be locked. All of you in this argument need to grow up, I don't care how old you claim to be or how many degrees you claim to have. Grow the h)ell up.
|

User Profile
Advanced Support Team
I wish I could lock them.... Where is the admin for this forum...
|

User Profile
Advanced Support Team
tazzyddd wrote:
jlee77 wrote:
selfish baby killing advocates that try to sensationalize abortion

like you via bcp's.

e.N.O.U.G.H.
|

User Profile
Advanced Support Team
tazzyddd wrote:
tazzy d wrote:
.E.N.O.U.G.H.

after you have her banned like you had me.

you had yourself banned..... I cant ban anyone that is up to the admin.. I just ask for something and either the admin agrees or disagrees.. They have the final say...
|

Active User, very eHealthy
tazzy d wrote:
i wish I could lock them.... Where is the admin for this forum...
.w.H.O is the admin for this forum?
|
12 >>