Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > HIV and AIDS Forum

Oral Sex And White Spots On Tonsils

Must Read
Do you know what causes HIV? Get started by learning the facts on HIV and AIDS here....
Do you know what puts you at high risk of HIV? Debunk the myths and get the facts of HIV risk factors here....
Can you identify early HIV symptoms. Learn what to look for and when to seek medical help as we review symptoms of HIV here....
I recentally give oral sex to my partner four nights in a row. I had then noticed my tonsils were very swollen, but can't really feel them from feeling your neck. But they are also covered in white patches on both tonsils. I just wanted to know if the oral sex may have caused it or it is something else. Please give me as much information as you can. Thank you.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 23rd, 2005
Active User, very eHealthy
Well chances are that it is not hiv because hiv has no known symptoms and you for sure would not be seeing the effects just days later. Chances are you are sick, or have an std; you should visit your doctor.
|

Repley
Do u no what std it could be cause I mean it was just this week would it show up that quick?
|

White Patches On Tonsils
It sounds like your tonsils are infected. Is this the first time they swelled up on you? Go to the doctor and he will take a culture on it and let you know. I don't think its an std just bad timing, did you remember feeling ill somewhat before giving oral sex to your partner?
|

replied October 24th, 2005
Repley
We'll I would go to the doctor, but I don't have insurance. And I don't think that I felt sick before it happened. Any home remedies that may help to get rid of it?
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
Go to the dr, some will allow you to make payments and there are also health centers around, early treatment is the best treatment. You might qualify for some assistance too.
|

White Patches On Tonsils
No matter what, you need to see a doctor because infections on the tonsils don't go away on their own (if that is what it is) and since you don't know you need to find out, don't concern your self with home remedies you need to tell them to bill you. What is life without be sure about your health? Go to the doctors, maybe a private doctor would be cheaper I don't know but don't wait any longer. A good sign of infection is the smell of bad breath that associated with the bacteria forming puss on the tonsils.
|

Experienced User
I get infections on my tonsils all the time, and it's not fun or pretty. White dots could mean strep throat or an infection. I agree with the others - get thee to the dr!
|

replied November 6th, 2005
Experienced User
Test
Get yourself tested and that can relieve you. Testing does not demand the need for an insurance. Its not very expensive. Going without testing fearing for an insurance can make you all the more sick by means of stress and anxiety
|

replied November 6th, 2005
Active User, very eHealthy
^be sure that you do this confidentially though. Even if you are negative, if your insurance company finds out that there might be a reason for which you think you have hiv, they will most likely do what they can to drop your coverage.
|

replied July 18th, 2010
what were your reults?
|

replied July 21st, 2010
You have chlamydia
|

replied August 13th, 2010
@DevilsAngel

My tonsils always swell up and get small patches/sores after i give oral sex. Only with 2people have been excluded from that list. I have gone to get several throat cultures and they have all been negative (9 visits). I just have to deal with the infected tonsils and fever and other flu like symptoms that come with it. My doc gives me antibiotics and thats the price I pay for having casual sex. That is a big reason I only have sex like once or twice a year because I can't take being sick anymore than that. Sucks, i know. I think im the only gay guy allergic to penis. Uggh!!
|