Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > HIV and AIDS Forum

Is This Possible?

Must Read
Do you know what causes HIV? Get started by learning the facts on HIV and AIDS here....
Do you know what puts you at high risk of HIV? Debunk the myths and get the facts of HIV risk factors here....
Can you identify early HIV symptoms. Learn what to look for and when to seek medical help as we review symptoms of HIV here....
Well I spent the evening with my girlfriend today, anyhoo, is it possible for hiv to be spread through a females breasts. Lets just say if someone...Nibbles them (thats the best way I can describe it)...Can hiv it be spread that way? That's the best way I can put it without getting into too much detail. I didn't notice any liquid or any coming out of them, that I could taste. We didn't perform in any other activities and I was just wondering. Sorry if I grossed you out im just nervous as this is my first relationship.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 22nd, 2005
Active User, very eHealthy
Re: Is This Possible?
nanoshaker wrote:
well I spent the evening with my girlfriend today, anyhoo, is it possible for hiv to be spread through a females breasts. Lets just say if someone...Nibbles them (thats the best way I can describe it)...Can hiv it be spread that way? That's the best way I can put it without getting into too much detail. I didn't notice any liquid or any coming out of them, that I could taste. We didn't perform in any other activities and I was just wondering. Sorry if I grossed you out im just nervous as this is my first relationship.
the only way that hiv could have been transmitted is if you bit hard enough to draw blood and also had a cut in your mouth or throat somewhere so that the fluids could meet and mix. It is very hard to for hiv to transmit orally. With actual oral sex, hiv is only transmitted in 1% of the cases through saliva contacting seminal or vaginal fluids. The transmission rate increases, however, when blood is exchanged. I'd say, from what you posted, that you are safe.

Are you worried that your girlfriend may be hiv positive? Have you been tested? Has she been tested?

Since this is your first relationship, might I suggest that before the two of you engage in any sex (oral, anal, or vaginal) that you speak with a sexuality counselor who can give you all of the facts and tell you how you can protect yourself. Planned parenthood has sexuality educators on staff (at least in my area) and you can call and make an appointment with one of them.

If you do decide to start having sex (oral, anal, and/or vaginal), there are ways to protect yourself from hiv and other std's. With oral sex, there are dental dams. These are fairly large sheets of latex which can be stretched (be careful not to break it with your finger nails) over the genital area of a woman so that you can perform oral sex on her without exchanging any fluids. I believe that you can get them at most large pharmacy chains (you may have to ask though). There are also flavored condoms that a woman can put on you to perform oral sex on you (my favorite are the peppermint ones).

For vaginal and anal sex, a regular male latex condom can be used for protection.

Once you start having sex, I would encourage you to be tested at least every six months to a year. If you ever notice any changes in your body or genital area, I would encourage you to seek medical attention immediately. For some reason, men tend to wait until they are either in severe pain or are smelling, leaking, or inable to urinate properly before they come in to be tested. If something ever looks out of place, have it checked.

If you have any other questions, pm me.

Peace,
jenn
|

replied October 22nd, 2005
Re: Is This Possible?
Thank you for the info. I appreciate it.
|