Medical Questions > Mental Health > Eating Disorders Forum

I Don't Know Whats Wrong With Me

Must Read
Anorexia nervosa is one of several eating disorders. But what is anorexia exactly and who does it affect? Get anorexia basics and facts in this short intro....
Although doctors don't the exact causes of anorexia, there are a few factors that put certain people at risk of developing the condition. Click here for more....
What are the most common signs of anorexia? We list the physical and behavioral symptoms of anorexia here and outline when to seek help....
I am 18 and I am quite skinny and I am always losing weight. I am not sure whats wrong with me because I feel that I don't want to eat anything because I don't feel like it. Please help me I don't know whats wrong with me?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied December 10th, 2005
Hey
Hey your not alone I feel the same way like my tummy will be hungry but right when I see food im like ewww.. No way n I feel like throwing up. Im right there with you I dont know what it is I asked my docter when I went for a check up and all he told me was either it could be stress or just the way you feel and im like but im not stressed ? Its very werid but I understand what your goin through..
|

replied March 23rd, 2009
XD Same here.
I am 17 about to turn eighteen.. I don't know what's up the only thing I seem to enjoy eating or to be able to eat is dill pickles and lollipops. (not at the same time) But I know exactly what your talking about. I think that the only reason I do things ever is inspiration. It's like if I had inspiration to eat cake then I do it and if I don't I just stare at other people eating it. I am a very quiet person, unless I have something important to say. I must say that this condition is weird.
|

replied June 24th, 2009
I found that how we use food, eating it or not, the real reasons lie in who we really are, I found this great book called 'Don't Diet' by Fran Hornsby and it talks sort of simply as to why we use food in the way we do, I know you are not talking about dieting but this book really give the reader a very useful outlook on who we are and how our weight is reflective of how we relate to food.
Try it guys it really is amazing
|

replied June 24th, 2009
I wish I had this problem.

Anyway, try retraining your food tastes. We who are overweight struggle with retraining our brain to enjoy healthy foods rather than junk food. We do this by eating delicious healthy foods! It takes about two weeks of detox diet before the brain develops a craving for a different type of food and begins to cringe at the bad foods we previously craved.

This could be something completely irrelevant to you and your needs, it's just a thought.

Try something similar, maybe the reverse. Obviously, don't try to crave bad foods, but try different kinds of foods. Stick to a, well, an *eating* diet for a couple weeks, with one kind of food (i.e. high in carbs, low on fat, or something like South Beach). Then try it again for another couple weeks with another kind of food (i.e. high in [good] fat, low in carbs, like the Atkins diet).

There could be really be something "wrong"--or different--but if it's just normal food cravings that need to be retrained then there's an idea.

That said, some people have real medical issues. Sleep disorders can change cravings, as can disorders in the pancreas, hypothalamus (brain), thyroid, etc. See a doctor if your weight loss is serious, and meanwhile take multivitamins with a full glass of water every day if you're not eating three meals a day.
|

replied July 12th, 2010
what kind of eating problem do I have?
I don't know what is wrong with me. I am 99% sure that I'm not anorexic or anything but everytime I leave my house to go eat somewhere, or to a friends house or just to a restraunt with my family, I feel like I'm going to throw up and I can't even stand to look at the food. It doesn't matter how hungry I am, when I leave my house, I cant and won't eat. It happens everytime that I eat with friends but It's the majority of the time when I eat with my family at a restraunt. I'm not stressed about anything. I've had this problem for a few years and It just started out of no where. I really want to eat infront of people and I dont care what people think of me when I eat, I just can't. Somebody please tell me what's wrong with me.
|

User Profile
replied July 19th, 2010
Try to drink honey lemon/lime juice in the morning, you will be ok after that since it clear all your body toxin. Well, then you can eat like normal people again and believed that you can do it.
|
Quick Reply