Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Vision and Eye Disorders Forum

Eye Produces Too Much Mucus, Must Manually Remove.

Must Read
What is pink eye and how long is pink eye contagious? Basic facts on types of conjunctivitis and pink eye here....
Pink eye can be allergic, infectious or chemical. Details about what causes pink eye here....
What to do for pink eye? Learn to identify symptoms of pink eye first, and know when to seek medical help. Start understanding more here....
A few months ago after putting in eyedrops, it felt like I had an eyelash in my eye. I went in the bathroom to look, and I could see a strip of mucus running across my eye. I grabbed the tweezers, grabbed it at the tear duct, then proceeded to peel it off my eye. Relief! Now I have realized that if I let the eyedrops work a bit, they move all the mucus to form a ring around the eyelids. When I peel off this ring of mucus, water immediately rushes in and it feels like my eye can actually breathe for once. Are there any suggestions to help keep me from having to peel these daily buildups out of my eye? It's very unconfortable doing, but even more unconfortable not doing it. When it's really bad I can hear my eyes making a smacking sound when I close and open them hard.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied February 11th, 2009
go to an eye doctor
|

replied February 19th, 2009
omg dont use tweezers in your eyes! you can scratch your cornia! use a qtip
|

User Profile
replied April 5th, 2011
I wash my hands, then make a loose fist and use the side of my pointer finger (between the 2 biggest knuckles) to pull down my lower lid. Then, while looking up, I rotate the fist up and the back of the finger rolls up across my eye. The strip of mucus sticks to the back of the dry finger and peel's away. It actually feels pretty weird but in a good way. My eye always feels so much better after!
|
Quick Reply