Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Back Pain Forum

lower right side of back started sharp pain that goes down

Must Read
What structures make up the spine? We review basic spine anatomy here...before identifying potential causes of back pain....
Click here to learn about the most common causes of back pain, and things that increase your risk of backache. We cover lower back pain and upper back pain....
Back pain symptoms may seem obvious. But do you know when symptoms of back pain are more serious or when to see a doctor? Learn what action to take & when...
Well a few days ago my lower right side of my back started hurting..Kinda like a sharp pain that goes down 2 my butt thigh, and leg...I have no clue what this is..But it hurts really bad...It get better when I lay flat but when I sit or stand it kills me...It even hurts when I lay on my right side...Any ideas what this is?? I always have lower back pain but its nothing like this...Any help would be great!! Im clueless
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper katgirl22
|

replied October 21st, 2005
My aunt had the exact same thing a few months ago.The only time that she was comfortable was when she lied flat on a hard surface.She ended up having to go to a chiropractor and after a few treatments she felt like her normal self again.
|

Thanx for the help and I will check ur site out..It seems like at 22 I shouldn't be having these back problems...But my dad does have alkalosis spondylitis.....So what do you do if you have sciatica?? Does it just go away with time or do I need 2 visit a doctor....Im not even sure what that is..Im about 2 look it up
|

User Profile
Experienced User
Katgirl ~

you are so welcome! Did you find it? If not I will post on it for you. Please do check us out. We are new but there are a lot of nice members already with a lot of information. You will find more then just information there. You will find friendship and support as well.

There are many treatments for sciatica before surgery is considered.

Imshirl :)
|

Yeah I got the link 2 ur site....Thanx once again....I will check it out more when I feel better....Does anyone know of any good over the counter medicine that I can get and take till I can get a doctor on monday??? I want 2 try and see if it will get better on its own first..I hate doctors :oops:
|

replied October 24th, 2005
Re: Clueless And In Pain Please Help??
katgirl22 wrote:
well a few days ago my lower right side of my back started hurting..Kinda like a sharp pain that goes down 2 my butt thigh, and leg...I have no clue what this is..But it hurts really bad...It get better when I lay flat but when I sit or stand it kills me...It even hurts when I lay on my right side...Any ideas what this is?? I always have lower back pain but its nothing like this...Any help would be great!! Im clueless

hasn't your doctor even mentioned possible sciatic nerve or pinched nerve problems...Even muscle problems might cause this?? Sometimes therapy/massage could relieve if the person is experienced...But I am learned that lower back trouble, which I have, can cause all sorts of other problems too!! Hope you find out what is best to do.
|

replied October 29th, 2005
Sounds Like Sciatica
Katgirl22, I have had sciatica problems until I found an essential oil that was advertised on the internet about 18 months ago. I bought it and I have been basically painfree (except for one very short bout) this whole year. Mind you it took about 6 month or so before all the pain had left. But even during this time, the pain was greatly reduced until it finally disappeared al together.

good luck and I hope you find some relief

elleyne
|

replied August 9th, 2011
I have pain in my right side of the back. It's not in the lower part but it seems to be up just a little. I think the pain is acute because of the sharp feeling. Can anybody help me with this?
|

replied August 9th, 2011
I have pain in my right side of the back. It's not in the lower part but it seems to be up just a little. I think the pain is acute because of the sharp feeling. Can anybody help me with this?
|

This post is being reviewed to be sure that it adheres to our Community Guidelines.
Thanks for your patience!

replied August 11th, 2011
I have back pain myself. My back pain started a few months ago. It woke me up around 3am to 4am in the morning. After that I couldn't sleep on the bed anymore because the pain will come back if i do. I have seen doctor and also theraphist but none was helpful until i wear this tourmaline cystal gilder that my sister introduce me. The gilder have 7 memory alloy to support my back against my body weight. The cystal properties improves my blood circulation, remove gas and improve my constipation. I wear it day and night as it is breathable, comforatble and flexible. My back pain was gone after 3 weeks wearing it and I'm still wearing until today as it helps me to slim down as well. I sincerely hope i can help.
|

replied August 10th, 2011
Active User, very eHealthy
Bygeorge, acute pain is usually muscular.

Try lying on the floor with a soft foam ball between your back and the floor.

If you don't want to get on the ground, You can also sit on a foot stool and lean up against a wall. The ball goes between your back and the wall

Roll around on the ball until you find an area where the muscles are knotted up. Work out the tension with the ball and then move on to the next tight area.

Good Luck!!!
|