Medical Questions > Womens Health > Sexual Health - Women Forum

Painful Virginity Loss

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
I'm 23 years old and I just lost my virginity last week. Yeah, I waited til I was ready. The thing is though, nothing really happened beyond the initial penetration, because it hurt so bad. It felt like he hit something when he was all the way in, I experienced a really sharp pain, one I couldn't ignore. We tried again, me on top, same thing. What could he be hitting? He's average sized, not a monster... I'm not a very big girl, i'm only 4'8... Could that have something to do with it? Could it have been my cervix or something? I hope to get to the bottom of this!! I didn't wait this long not to be able to do anything! :) thank you.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper supuu
|

replied October 19th, 2005
Experienced User
Well, if you just lost your virginity, then he is probably hitting your hymen! It's a thin piece of tissue that is usually broken when you first have sex.

It's not that way for all women. Some women don't have hymen, some don't hurt at all. It's different for every woman.

A lot of women will say that there first time was painful and they bled afterwards. You just got to take it slow, go at your own pace and listen to your body. It will get more comfortable the more you do it and you'll be able to enjoy it more.

Good luck!
|

Experienced User
I had the same kind of pain. So my wedding night (my first time) was nothing like you see in the movies!! We just took it really slow, and made sure there was plenty of lubrication. It was uncomfortable the first few times for me, and then things came easier. Like jennifer said, just take it slow and don't force anything. Listen to your body. You know it better than anyone.
|

Especially eHealthy
If you weren't feeling pain until he was all the way in, then it couldn't have been your hymen, since the hymen is at the entance to the vagina, not deep inside of it :p

he may be hitting your cervix; or he may be hitting your vaginal walls in a way that you simply find painful. Again, just take it slow and discover together what works :)
|

replied October 23rd, 2005
Nothing You Haven't Heard
Remember when you used your first tampon. That was a different feeling that you had to get use to, sex is the same way. The mussels needs to stretch out before he will glide in and out smoothly.

Also, your cervix is going to be lower than most women because of your size. I'm 5' and if my husband goes a little to deep or we try a new position than i'll feel him hit against my cervix.

Again you just have to listen to your body. Your partner should be willing to listen to you to make sex an enjoyable experience for you both.

Hope this has helped!
|

replied November 10th, 2005
I think I may have the same problem, I too waited until I had found the right guy (am 25) have now been with my boyfriend for nearly a year and we have not been able to have sex yet. I am only 5'1. I went to see my gp and she said I have a very short vagina, that she could easily feel my cervix and that my boyfriend would only be able to fit half way inside me. But we haven't even managed that.
Are there any positions that would make it easier?
|

replied February 10th, 2009
Please advise me
Hey all and thanks for your good advises. Well I have been with my girl friend for 5 months and we are in love but till now we have not succeeded in having real sex since she is so scared of the pain and iam scared too to hurt. She does not have the hymen but she is so worried that the canal is narrow to be penetrated. Please advise us with your experience in life and let us know how to sort it out. Many Thanks, Tom
|

replied April 14th, 2009
I broke my virginity recently, I really need help!;
I have been feeling pain and an irritation after i finish to pee. I had my period that day we had intercourse with my guy. It was all messy after he did it. The pain was so much,is it normal for someone to feel that way after the first encounter?
|

replied April 16th, 2009
2Tom & supuu
2Tom

how old are you? are you sure you want sex? cause actually sex happens, it's not like you think 'oh, it'd be nice to have sex cause everyone in relationship is doing it'. people have sex cause they CAN'T stop themselves. so if you are having problems maybe it's the wrong time-age-person
p.s. if you DO want sex be sure the girl is really-really-really aroused

2supuu

honey, I believe you should pay a visit to a doctor
|

replied December 30th, 2009
How should we prove virginity in the absence of hymen??
well dear m going to be married within few months and i really need some advice. i have heard a lot about hymen like thing. people say when it is ruptured then you are considered as virgin. as u said that most of the women do not have it so how will they prove their virginity?????
|

replied December 31st, 2009
Your jus gunna have to take her word for it aaue because only she knows what she has or hasnt done... if u want to marry her then surely u trust her enough to tell the truth about this kind of thing?
Im a virgin and no i dont have a hymen but i personally believe that if u have been penetrated then u r no longer a virgin.. simple as Smile
|

replied December 31st, 2009
Your jus gunna have to take her word for it aaue because only she knows what she has or hasnt done... if u want to marry her then surely u trust her enough to tell the truth about this kind of thing?
Im a virgin and no i dont have a hymen but i personally believe that if u have been penetrated then u r no longer a virgin.. simple as Smile
|

replied May 11th, 2010
Can loss of virgin be checked?
can i ask something? can the loss of virgin be checked? Like go hospital and check whether you lost it or not?
|