Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Ear, Nose and Throat Disorders Forum

Tonsil Regrowth

Must Read
Do you know the three main reasons we cough? Learn common causes of cough and when coughing might indicate a more serious health problem....
Coughing is normal. But what can cause more troublesome coughs? Learn more about possible causes of cough here....
When should you see a doctor about cough symptoms? When are symptoms a sign of further complications? Learn about cough symptoms basics here....
Is it me or am I the only one that has a tonsil regrowth im having great difficulty in getting any info on this as im finding this very frustrating :cry:

please does any one have any advise
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied April 12th, 2009
Tonsil re growth
I am a women in my 60's, had my tonsils out in my early 30's, as I had a doctor who just kept puttting me on antibioticcs at very regular intervals, until I INSISTED on seeing an ENT who said he had never seen worse. Re admitted to hospital with severe bleeding. Now, all these years later, I went to my GP with a very sore throat(like I was swollowing razor blades), to be told they were re growing. On antibiotics, but what next? Do they remove them, or do I have to live with the merrigoround of pain/antibiotics for the rest of my life?
|

replied October 14th, 2009
Hi i am just out of hospital after having tonsil remnants removed! I had my tonsils out in 1995 and started getting sore throats again the beginning of this year. Saw ENT consultant who has now removed regrowths. My advise is put up with the sore throats, I would never have got remnants removed had i know what pain i was going to suffer! It has been horrendous and agony and i have loss of sensation in my face too. This is day 7 and ive got to say i am in more pain than i ever was after my initial tonsillectomy. Hope this helps
|

replied February 25th, 2010
Don't know if anyone is still reading this but I have had my "tonsils" taken out twice. Last time was worst than the first but have had good results....for the past five years. Now, I am having sore throat and doctor has told me that tags have regrown. Had a round with antibiotics two weeks ago and the sore throat has returned....much like second time around. Guess I am looking at the third time. This was a new doctor for me to see and he said that sometimes allergies will cause tonsils to regrow. I will be checking into this as well.
|

replied July 29th, 2010
Toncels
I am an aged 17 girl, got my toncils out approximatily 2 and a half months ago and now i have larangitis. The docter said that i have a bit of regrowth in my right toncel area, so he swobed it. Ill no shortly if i have to get them out again, or if ill be fine.
If anyone noes what makes toncels re-grow msg me,
|

replied November 3rd, 2010
i thought my toncills regrew one morning not long ago and rushed to doctors where he assured me everything was A OK it was that dam could my KNACKAS aka Testicles had just shrivelled up into my throat looking like toncills due to my cold horrible winters morning! FFFFEEEW. summers here lol lol lol Smile
|

replied May 26th, 2012
Regrowth of Tonsils
I am getting ready for my 7th surgery due to tonsils regrowth. Does anyone know what is the cause of the regrowth and how to stop this. I need any help i can get.
|

replied July 14th, 2012
I was worried about what I would do with out my tonsils. i was too baddly infected. I need to get over all health going on. I never want to go through that again. yoga, exersise and eathing well; keeps the tonsils healthy.. I for sure, am off all refined foods. American's eat for death, not life.
|
Tags: nose, ear, nose throat
Quick Reply