Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

How Long Till You Can Know If Its a Girl Or Boy

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
I was wondering how long till you can find out if its a girl or boy, I am a couple days over 3 months right now and I know its still pretty early. Im supposed to have my obstertrician appointment tomorrow but my dr is only open from 8 - 4 and wouldnt ya know it I work 8 - 4 now and my work wont let me take any time off in the next 90 days so I have noooo clue how I am gonna go to any appointments.. I had alot of questions I was gonna ask so I figure ill slowly ask them here instead lol
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 17th, 2005
Extremely eHealthy
You can usually tell if it's a boy or a girl at about 18 weeks. You should take time with out pay if that's what you have to do to get to the doc. It has to be illegal for them not to let you have time off for pre-natal appts. Find a new job or something. Your doc visits are so important.
|

Experienced User
Wow, you just stepped into your second trimester! I learned the gender of my baby as early as 13th week (quite amazing how drs get to distinguish the sexual organ as early as this!). But we got it confirmed by the 20th week of my pregnancy. By this time, we got to see it more clearly especially if the scan is in 3d.
|

Experienced User
Well what happened was I am in my 3rd week of training.. At the end of this week it will be over, and u can only miss a half day of traning b4 they "write you up" and my bf got into a car accident so I was like f*ck you write me up then cuz I am not coming nd I went to the hospital, so now they are telling me I cant miss any time at all in the next 90 days or I will lose my job! So im like what! Like.. I know its bad to miss time but how can they say to go after work when the only time im at work is when there open! Its gotta be against sum kinda law I wanna look into it.. Cuz I called my obstertrician and they said I have to be there no matter what sumtime this week, and work says the same thing.. Im screwed lol...I need the job to support the baby its the best paying job I ever had and will be very easy during the whole pregnancy
|

User Profile
replied October 18th, 2005
Community Volunteer
With a boy they can usually tell earlier but it's usually around 16-18 weeks. I found out at 19 weeks. And I know in canada the .L.A.W. Is that they .H.A.Ve. To let you go to your appts. So find out what your legal right is. You need to have prenatal care for you and the baby. It is very important!!!!
|

User Profile
replied October 18th, 2005
Extremely eHealthy
I had issues with work

I live in canada and they tried to get rid of me (you have to love dr certificates) anyways cover your arse with paperwork and if they let you go well fight them (i know in the first 90 days/probation) they can let you go without a reason but when your pregnant you can fight it
|