Medical Questions > Womens Health > Sexual Health - Women Forum

Ingrown Hair In Genital Area

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
I've been shaving for years, and a couple days ago there was what looked like an ingrown hair, I scratched it and I think it made it worse, it doesn't resemble herpes or syphilis but it is not going away. I believe that it may have developed into a cyst and I was hoping someone had some insight.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper CaMist2
|

replied November 10th, 2005
Ive had that before. Thats what it is...And ingrown hair. Get a hot wash rag...As hot as u can stand...Then hold it to the spot for atleast 30 seconds then squeeze. Usually junk comes out of the problem area, and usually a long hair. No wonder it hurts! If that doesnt work u may want to call ur doctor.
Jerrica, 17
|

replied November 26th, 2005
Ingrown Hair In Genital Area
It is very likely you have a bartholin's gland cyst-

there is more info about it here…
http://familydoctor.Org/235.Xml
|

replied January 15th, 2008
Yeah, I get that problem every month, I just carry on as usuall (which is nothing because no boys fancy me)....

How can I get a Boyfriend who loves me for who I am?

Please help...

James
|

User Profile
replied January 15th, 2008
Errr.... no guys care about ingrown hairs. Happens to like 90% of girls.
|

User Profile
replied January 16th, 2008
Supporter
from experience it usually helps to let the ingrown hair grow for a little while without trying to get it out. when it is a bit longer it will be easier to find and remove!
|

User Profile
replied January 17th, 2008
Especially eHealthy
exfoliate... .after you shave, that might help reduce ingrowns. Otherwise just deal with it until it goes away. That's why I prefer trimming to shaving.
|

replied January 23rd, 2008
I get waxed in the genital area and underarms and have only had ingrowns a few times in the genital area, when I shaved it was more often in both areas. Definitely wait and let it come to a head so you can get it out easier. I just heard about exfoliating last month while on vacation and had to get waxed from someone other than my usual hairdresser. You can also use Azulene oil to help soothe the area and deter hair growth as well as ingrowns. I get mine at Sally's Beauty Supply.
|
Quick Reply