Medical Questions > Mens Health > Penis Forum

Post-circumcision Worries

Must Read
A definition of the medical practice of infant male circumcision....
Is circumcision required for male babies? Why are boys circumcised? A quick review of the medical benefits of circumcision here. ...
What happens during a routine circumcision for a male child? Read more about this common procedure....
Hi,

recently (three/four days ago) I was circumcised. The doctor told me I may experience bleeding, but the head of my penis is so sensitive I can't touch it with anything (not a bi-product of the operation, it was extremely sensitive beforehand). Now, three/four days later I have dried blood in and around where the stitches are and it's still too sore and sensitive for me to try and clean it. A couple of questions then:

is there a chance of a possible infection of some sorts from this dried blood?

Also, any advice for an extremely sensitive penis head? It may sound stupid but I can't even put underwear on, let alone wear clothes and I cannot sleep with the duvet resting over me. I'm worried it's going to be a while before I can go outside the house.. :shock:

thanks for any help...
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 17th, 2005
Active User, very eHealthy
I don't think that the dried blood would cause an infection, but the wound might become infected if you don't take care of it properly. Following your doctors orders. When he says that that it it is safe to clean the area, do so carefully to help prevent infeciton. From what I have been told, it may be sensitive for a while. You may not be able to have sex/masturbate for up to a month depending on how it feels as these activites may create discomfort or pain.

Somewhere on the web, a read a diary that someone had written on their circumcision. That person was on bed rest, unable to do almost anything for about two weeks. I'll see if I can locate the link for you.

Good luck, and hopefully it will feel better soon!
|
Did you find this post helpful?