Medical Questions > General Forum Topics > General Q and A Forum

Hip Tingling

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
I don't really know where else to go or who to ask because I don't know if this is serious or not. I'm 18 years old and around 14 or so I had experienced a popping sensation in the right side of my hip each time I would step, I seen a doctor and it was passed off as nothing. About that time I had started to experience tingling and numbness in only the hip area and only when I lay on my side, both sides of my hip would tingle as if they were asleep and it didn't matter what side I lay upon.

Both went away after a while and recently I got a job in retail and i'm on my feet all day. I've experienced hip soreness and now the same old tingling. ( there'sno popping )when I lay on my side both sides tingle then it changes to a tightness that is impossible to ignore ( and it hurts ). This feeling is only in the hip area and no where else.

Any ideas on what this could be? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I don't know if I should go see my doctor about it or not.

-heather
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied December 30th, 2009
this has started happening to me too. im 15 and when i lay on my side my left hip sorta tingles and goes numb but after a while it sorta goes away...idk what it is either
|

replied November 10th, 2011
hey im 14 and when im sitting down my hip tingles and its kinda strange.. answers?
|