Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Gland Disorders Forum

Bartholin Gland Cyst And Bleeding (Page 1)

Must Read
What does it mean to have low levels of thyroid hormone in the body? We outline how doctors define hypothyroidism here....
What medical conditions cause hypothyroidism? And what puts you at risk of developing these conditions? More hypothyroid basics here....
When are symptoms of hypothyroidism serious? When should you seek medical help. Click here to learn when doctors recommend you come in for a visit....
Help! It seems that lately after sex I have this bump come up in the right place for a barthoin gland cyst. It's small and painful and looks like a little pimple. They usually go away on their own in a few days. However, the last one came to a head in two days and it popped on its own. I felt some stinging and when I look it had a little blood but then it was just fine. All the soreness had gone and the next day it was as if nothing was there. I haven't been to the doctor because by the time I get an appointment, it is gone. Is this normal for a bartholin cyst or blocked duct? I'm worried that this may be an std.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper jhorse
|

replied October 14th, 2005
Bartholin cysts do not look like pimples. They don't look like anything, except swollen labial skin. They are under the skin, just inside the vagina, and feel sort of like a tiny ball of water (or sometimes harder) underneath your skin. If your problem is looking like a pimple, I think it may be an std, especially if it is bleeding. :(
|

replied October 14th, 2005
Medical Pics
Does anyone know of a wesite that has pics of bartholin cyst, real pictures and not drawings? This would be helpful! Thanks
|

replied December 5th, 2006
Yes They Can Look Like Pimples.
Not in my case but my when I had my first cyst, the doctor looked for what he could only describe as a the head of a pimple. So, they can look like pimples. However, consider yourself lucky that they pop on their own but i'd still get an std test since recurrence is more probable if you are positive.
|

replied December 5th, 2006
Bartholin Support Group
[spam]
|

replied December 10th, 2008
how do u get rid of them?
I have one on both sides. one is larger then the other. i was wondering if the bump could be on the inside of the vaginal wall and look like a cysts pimple?
|

First off, biracialbutterfly, I wish you a speedy recovery. I only had it on one side and that was way more than enough to drive me nuts.

Last one I had looked like a pimple. I've heard that those are easier to pop/drain when they are like that but I never messed with it. Those little "heads" are good in the sense it will be easier for your doctor to see where the opening to the gland is.
|

well i told my doctor and she said to do the epson salt bath and that has'nt hepled the warm compress and to lay down and relax. im wondering if i should just tell her to cut it? it's really starting to drive me insane.. i want to know will i ever have my hoo-hoo back?!
|

replied January 15th, 2009
help me!
i have a small bump.. and im wondering if its a bartholin cyst.. at first i thought it was herpes.. but my boyfriend is clean! its on the lower part of my vagina lip. and i just noticed it today lookin in a mirror. its not painfull, and its pretty small. smaller then a pee. help please. i am scared! Sad
|

replied January 16th, 2009
Wondering if it's a Bartholin Cyst
I suddenly hurt during sex a little while back, and thought it was a "bad angle" or something, but it kept hurting, so I privately tried to look and see if I had some kind of injury somehow. Right at the entrance to the vagina I have these small bits of skin or tissue that as far as I know are normal and have always been there, but one part of them on the left side is a tiny bit swollen and extremely painful to the touch. I looked up symtoms and the closest thing I could find is this Bartholin Cyst, but I'd like to veryify with "real" pictures because drawings don't depict any folds of skin or tissue or anything like that. I don't have the money for a doctor's visit and I'm worried. I reallllly need some pictures for comparison. Anyone know of a site that has some posted?
|

replied May 24th, 2009
help me get rid of my cyst without going under the knife
hi i have had my bartholin cyst for 3 weeks now it has not popped by itself and it is driving me crazy.
i have tried two types of antibiotics and has only made it smaller not cleared it. my choice now is to go under the knife but iv heard it is nearly as painful as childbirth and thats not something i want to go through antime soon.
does anyone no of a different option to make it go away?

please help, write me.
im open to anything
thanks
|

replied June 1st, 2009
Sorry For Everyones Pain
I am on my 8th cyst now and yes they do hurt and I am a college student who has no family or money to go to the doctor so everytime I get them I go to the ER and sit there for a few hours the past 6 they have never gave me pain meds. while doing the lancing but on my 7th one they did( I didnt ask for it) I would rather go without the pain med. and get it lanced than with it. The pain meds. they gave me where so strong that It has me feeling worse for days. But im going back tonight for this one and hopefully I can get signed up for the surgery! Hope everyone feels better and they need to find a better cure for theses
|

replied June 22nd, 2009
i have had 3 or 4 in the last few months they just started coming, the bartholin cyst or wutever it is called, i have yet to visit a doc i too am broke but sometimes it is painful bu ti deal wit it hte best i can my bf doesn mind but he understands as much as he can he is only a man lol but thanx to all of u u have halped me pretty much figure out wut is wrong like many articles say, the cyst comes and goes sometimes it looks like a pimple sometimes it dont but i just wait patiently thanx evryone
|

replied July 19th, 2009
Are your cysts like this?
This is my 3rd one, the first one i had got to the size of a golfball until it popped and i got it removed! It was extremely painful! The worst pain i have ever experienced. The second was very small and luckly i got put on antibiotics before it got bad. The third one that i am dealing with now is allot like the first, at the bottom of my labia, and is under my skin i havent noticed a head, but it is very sore to the touch and im having touble sitting and walking without being in pain. I just hope i can get put on antibiotics before it gets any bigger and i have to get it removed, i really dont want to endure that pain again.
|

replied July 22nd, 2009
Cyst Question...
Jeeze! I had no idea so many people had problems with these. I have had one and had to have it surgically removed. I have one right now as well. My question is... when it drains on its own... does it bleed? I am noticing bright red blood coming from the same place in which my 1st cyst had been (and been surgically removed). Is this normal? Does this mean it is draining properly or do I need to go have it checked out? I noticed that the second cyst starting forming a couple of days after my husband and I had intercourse. Does anyone have any tips on what I can do in the meantime to help with the aiding of drainage? Thanks~
|

replied August 6th, 2009
I think that I have one of these too, I thought it was just an extremely swollen labia due to early pregnancy. I haven't worn anything but PJ pants for days because anything touching the area hurts too much. I put on underwear and gym pants today to go out and I noticed less pressure from the swollen area. When I went to the bathroom there was a pool of brown yucky liquid in my underwear and now when I urinate, there's some bright red blood and a really bad stinging pain when the urine comes out.
I thought I was having a MC and I cancelled my Dr appointment (I've had MCs before so I don't need them to tell me anything) but I'm wondering if I have this kind of cyst and it was infected and started to drain? If rubbing on my underwear is what popped it, the blood could be from the pop. I have no cramping or anything and while there is still swelling, there is a ton less and I can walk, sit and lay down normally now.
Could anyone describe what it was like if one popped on it's own?
|

replied August 26th, 2009
sadmommy
i have one now.i just drained last week now its coming back.what i dont understand this is not my first.only when im pregnaent i get them started 4 1/2 yrs ago 2 pregnacy cant be now got my tubes tied and yes one time blood came out from pop cyst.i ve always wondered if this can come from an std,because my obgyn made a comment it could be or some kind of herpes i wish i new for sure because it just started after my husband came form a trip.
|

replied August 28th, 2009
I found out that mine was a Bartholin's abscess and it ruptured. I did talk to my Dr and while they can be infected from an STD, it isn't always the case (had to ask, my DH is on the road a lot for work and I won't be the fool who it could "never happen to".) If you're worried, just get an STD check but know that certain ones (inc herpes, esp in women) can lay dormant for a long. long time. If it comes back though, I guess they can put in a cath to keep it open till it drains all the way? Maybe you should look into that? Good luck. I NEVER EVER wish to go through that pain again. I'll take 100% natural childbirth ANY DAY
|

replied October 10th, 2009
Help with a Drained Cyst. It still looks like a cyst is there!!
Hello everyone,
I had a Bartholin's Cysts earlier this year and I just recently got another one. I had it drained yesterday and my GYN. The Dr. drained it but i dont think he put stitches in it to make it a "permanent" drainage spot. But he did say that he made it a "permanent" drainage spot. I dont know how he did that without the stitches. So im really confused about that. If anyone could help me out with that, I would really appreciate it. Also, it still looks like i have a cyst there, except theres nothing in it and it has a cut on it where it supposed to drain. Is that normal? Will the bump ever go away? or will it stay there, empty? I know I still have to wait for it to heal but so far it doesnt look like it went down at all, even though it was drained. I think the Dr. just cut it open and thats it. So I'm afraid its gonna come back, well I'm almost sure it is because it still looks like its there. SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP ME!! I HATE THIS THING!!
|

replied January 25th, 2010
Bartholin Gland Removal / Surgery
I am currently recovering from my second Bartholin Gland Cyst removal surgery. I had the right side removed in June 09 and now the right one became so swollen and painful..it too needed to be removed. The recovery is absolutely terrible pain! I had put patient surgery and went home with a catheter in for 3 days. There is vaginal bleeding (I have to wear maxi pads and sleep on a pad barrier so my ice pack does not get the sheets wet)and the swelling and bruising is horrible! I look black and purple all over the vaginal and anal regions and have a huge golfball sized swollen lump and my entire labial region is grossly enlarged. I lay here in pain and dread the painful bowel movements. I have to take narcodic pain meds as well as an iron supplement due to blod loss and a stool softener, and soak the area in a sitz bath. I am so empathetic towards anyone with this aweful condition. The pathology report from the June surgery revealed pre cancerous cells present within the glad which was removed. I pray the pathology report from this procedure is not the same. Good luck and God Bless.
|