Medical Questions > Mental Health > Anxiety and Stress Forum

Pins And Needles In Head (Page 1)

Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...
I am a self-diagnosed hypocondriac. I think I have everything. I've been to the doctor complaining about my hand and arm going numb and having the pins and needles feeling. He diagnosed it as carpal tunnel. Now, a few weeks later, after much worrying about illnessess that I probably don't even have, my head gets these weird pains and the pins and needles feeling. Sometimes it's isolated to one spot, other times it's my whole head and extends to my face. I am really freaking out. When I start freaking out, I go into a panic attack. I can't keep doing this. Does it sound like anxiety or something real?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper mjknight29
|

replied October 12th, 2005
I have self-diagnosed myself with social anxiety, and I get this exact same feeling occasionally when have an anxiety/panic attack. I feel light headed and my head feels tingly, prickly, my neck stiffens up, and sometimes the tingly pins and needles shoot down my arms too.
Right away I think that somethings horribly wrong with me and i'm going to die, but I know for me anway, that the feelings are really due to anxiety.
|

replied October 17th, 2005
Experienced User
I have panick attack disorder and when I get a bad attack, even though I am able to somewhat control my breathing, I usually feel light headed or pins and needles in my head, hands, and sometimes feet.

It sounds to me like your situation imay be stress/anxiety/panick.
|

replied August 28th, 2006
I get head pains and I do not know why, I think it has to do something with "oysterhead"...The picture that tells a tale.....
|

replied August 29th, 2006
Me Too..
Hello everyone.. I have this too. I have had it for over a month now. My doctor keeps telling me it is stress/anxiety related. It is the weirdest feeling I have ever had. Feels like cold water running down your scalp or like its raining on you. I just started on lexapro and it seems to help a litte. I have also been seeing a massage therapist for my tmj and scoliosis. My theroy on this is when you are stressed/anxious or you have postural problems like scoliosis, your muscles get tight and tense and it cuts off the blood flow. Thus, you get a tingling sensation. Keep in mind, I am not a doctor or nurse or even in the medical field. I am just trying to figure this thing out for myself as well... Since the doctors are no help!
|

replied October 7th, 2006
Pins And Needles In Head
Thank you for the information that I have found on this website. I have been experiencing pins and needles in my head and now I know why. I have this awful phobia of dying and I think this what has bought it on. I have had a very difficult year coming to terms with alot of people I know dying and family members being extremely ill. Whenever I got these pins and needles it would make me think that I was definitly going to die. Hopefully now I know that I am getting them, maybe it will stop.
Thanks again! Vicki Smile
|

replied October 7th, 2006
Pins And Needles In Head
Thank you for the information that I have found on this website. I have been experiencing pins and needles in my head and now I know why. I have this awful phobia of dying and I think this what has bought it on. I have had a very difficult year coming to terms with alot of people I know dying and family members being extremely ill. Whenever I got these pins and needles it would make me think that I was definitly going to die. Hopefully now I know that I am getting them, maybe it will stop.
|

replied March 13th, 2009
Pins and needles.
Hey. I also suffer from anxiety and stress and hypochondria. A way I like to reassure myself is that I think to myself that the symptoms only come on when I think about them. If you keep yourself busy you will realize you don't actually have any symptoms. Vicky, I had exactly the same problem when I lost a lot of my friends and family. Things will get better! At the end of the day, if you have something majorly wrong, you are going to know about it! If we all have regular blood tests and blood pressure taken, nobody has any reason to worry!
|

replied April 22nd, 2009
Pins and Needles in my legs and feet
I have recently being told that I have a panic attack disorder. I get the pins and needles in my feet and they move up to my knees. Is this caused from stress or is it a blood pressure issue?
|

replied July 29th, 2009
I have been having pins and needles in my chest/heart area now for the past few months,its so bad i have to stop in my path, i cant breath or even talk to hard its that painful...Been to the DR to have a ECG, everything was normal. Had a full blood test and again everything was normal. This morning I asked the DR what could be causing this he said Stress. I just feel this is a bit too drastic to be related to stress. I do not think i am stress more than the ordinary, so it just doesnt seem right. I am 33yrs old though this doesnt matter now a days. Has anyone ever experience this?
|

replied November 17th, 2009
Yes Menart all the time i had it since march and its november
|

replied December 14th, 2009
Re: Pins And Needles In Head
vicki newman wrote:

Vicki,
What you have said is exactly what's happening to me. I too have lost loved ones quite recently and frequently. The worst was when my sister passed away from cancer. After she passed, anytime something hurt, I immediately knew I had cancer. I have a horrible fear of death, and each time I get an ache or pain, I start to almost hyperventilate and freak out. It's awful to have to fear something that is going to happen to each and everyone of us, dying. It's almost a relief to see that someone else is going thru the same issues, that I'm not alone. I know that you wrote this a few years ago, and I hope you will receive some type of notification of my response. If you ever need someone to talk to, please feel free to write me . It would be great to discuss this with someone who truly understands where I'm coming from.

Michael
|

replied January 9th, 2010
Pins and needles in head
I have started to feel very anxious and paranoid that there is something wrong with me, i have been getting pins and needles in my hands and feet occassionaly and sometimes on my forehead. Does anyone have any answers or is it just stress?

Kimberley
|

User Profile
replied September 23rd, 2012
Maybe Kimberley, I know what is going on. I know exactly what you say and I ve managed to get this through maybe 80%! So tell me, do you exercise at all?

Constantino
|

replied February 19th, 2010
I understand everybody. I have the same problem, honestly its driving me crazy, i dont know what to do. sometimes i feel helpless. its ruining my relationships with everyone i know. i feel like im not who i used to be. i suffer from social anxiety disorder, and i get the pins and needles in my forehead, then i begin to sweat, then i think people think im an idiot, its messing up my life.
|

replied March 17th, 2010
Pins and needle feelings, anxiety?
I have been having pins and needle sensations also. It started in my hands and feet and sometimes spreads to my head, face, legs and arms. I also experience muscle aches. I have always been one who constantly worries about health, and symptoms that arise so this is obviously freaking me out. I am going to see a Neurologist to rule out MS or something. Or could this just be anxiety and panic? I am noticing the symptoms could be just that.
Jennifer
|

replied March 29th, 2010
Vicki/Michael
Micheal/Vicki
This has happened to me too since last couple of weeks, though I have not lost anyone but since recent I think I am gonna die and it feels like I have to do alot before like preparing Will and transfering all the funds/investmetns to my heir. Don't know whats happening. Yes I feel like a huge burden on my shoulders, and due to this I am not able to concentrate on my work. There are work related issues however, despite of complaining they are the same. I feel like runaway from everything i had and relax in the jungle surrounded with trees... huh..!!! Needle like pain in head, left arm n shoulder pain, sometimes numbness all over left side of body, joint pain, and what not!!!

going crazy...

Jagdish
|

replied March 30th, 2010
hi i get this to ive been to doctors and there appears to be nothing wrong with me so ive given it a name i call it an anxiety rush. Ive figured that its sort of like an adrenalin rush that you would get from panicking or worrying about something. What you need to do is just take a step back and relax have a lie down or get your mind of of it the more you think its going to happen the more it will. also stop any caffeine intake this can give you the pins and needles feeling like a rush again. i hope what i said made sense. Its the best way i can think of to make sense of it. But obviously for reassurance see your doctor Very Happy Xx
|

replied April 13th, 2010
Pins and Needles in head cure !
Amazing to read all of yopur replys here. I have ben getting these same pins and needles in my head when I push myself too hard when doing marathons. Doctor says that its my breathing and that when I stert taking in too much oxygen , im actually over dosing on it and my body can''t handle it and thus is telling me to slow down. The quick fix that works each and every time is to put my hands over my mouth and rebreath the exhaled air back in my lunchs for a minute or so. This rebalances my breathing and off I go again. works for me!
|

replied April 13th, 2010
i have been for the last year having anxiety attacks or panic attacks not sure what the difference are but i have them, when I get stressed or for no reason i feel like im floating or not really here.. my husband really is worried about me I used to always be in a good mood now i still am sometimes i laugh and tell him i am bipolar, sometimes i feel like i wanna run away sometimes i wanna sleep sometimes i feel just fine, the other day i was driving and i cried to my appointment then i started laughing about me crying like a baby.. feel like I am loosing it. I so have alot on my plate, my dad passed away 3 years ago falling off a roof, it was all of a sudden, i was in a bad accident a few years before that I hydroplaned in a lake and survived I have a 17 yr old daughter who i have had trouble with physically for over 6 years, she has always been out of control cussing and yelling and hitting I am a realtor, and what else can I say I do have 2 other children who have to see all this every day.. i am tempted to send my daughter to a bootcamp but i dont think they will ever want her, i waited to late.. i feel so guilty. so that is my story.
|

replied April 13th, 2010
Extremely eHealthy
it sounds like you need to talk to a psychologist in order to work out a solution to the things that are bothering you. my wife and i had an adopted daughter who acted up very similar to you daughter. my wife benefited from visits to a psychologist.
by the way physical activity can help even out your moods....being in real estate during these times cant be helping your mood either.
i think once you get some understanding and professional advice you will start to get back to your normal self....hope you feel better....pete
|
12 >>