Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Digestive and Bowel Disorders Forum

Really Really Smelly Wind, Not Nice....

Must Read
Feeling constipated? Do you know how constipation is medically defined? Get the basics on this common gastrointestinal complaint here....
Are you experiencing severe or chronic constipation? Learn about causes of constipation here....
Constipation is defined differently by different people. Learn to identify signs and symptoms of constipation and know when to ask for medical help....
I came on the internet to find a treatment for excessive smelly wind and came across this site and others with people experiencing similar wind problems to myself.

I am getting really fed up with my wind problem, I have seen my gp I have had regular colonic treatment and stick to a very good diet, but I have recently been analysing my problem and I think I have a very sluggish digestive system so where some people, ie my husband can eat a three course meal with dessert, I find myself not being able to as I think I am putting a roast chicken dinner in my system and then piling on a strawberry cheesecake afterwards but what happens to me is mine just gets mixed up altogether in my stomach and produces this really unpleasant wind..

I have tried lots of different things like peppermint oil capsules and herbal teas but now I have the added problem of being pregnant and not being able to actually take anything for it so it is even worse..

I would really appreciate it if anyone could advise me on taking something to help the smelly wind but not harm my baby....
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper Weny
|

replied February 26th, 2006
Re: Really Really Smelly Wind, Not Nice....
weny wrote:
i came on the internet to find a treatment for excessive smelly wind and came across this site and others with people experiencing similar wind problems to myself.

I am getting really fed up with my wind problem, I have seen my gp I have had regular colonic treatment and stick to a very good diet, but I have recently been analysing my problem and I think I have a very sluggish digestive system so where some people, ie my husband can eat a three course meal with dessert, I find myself not being able to as I think I am putting a roast chicken dinner in my system and then piling on a strawberry cheesecake afterwards but what happens to me is mine just gets mixed up altogether in my stomach and produces this really unpleasant wind..

I have tried lots of different things like peppermint oil capsules and herbal teas but now I have the added problem of being pregnant and not being able to actually take anything for it so it is even worse..

I would really appreciate it if anyone could advise me on taking something to help the smelly wind but not harm my baby....
|

replied September 27th, 2012
I have similar issue and while it may or may not help you, i will add what i can to help. mint oil/teas failed to do anything for me. My own analysis lead me to believe its because of very sluggish bowel motion causing slow excretion and it breaking down within body to cause smell and gas. Only thing which has helped me is anything which can make me empty out bowel and i have used medicinal laxative which works but does not make my stomach calm, what works well is taking an ayurvedic powder called triphala..this is inexpensive and non addictive and it makes your tummy feel calm again after going to motion. hope it helps.
|