Medical Questions > Mens Health > Mens Conditions Forum

Testicle/groin Pain - Urgent!

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
Since this afternoon, the area around my right testicle/groin has been hurting; a very dull ache most of the time, which becomes sharper and more focused upon movement. The pain is not as bad as, say, being hit in the groin/testicles, but it is in that general area of pain - perhaps 40% as bad. I did some research on possible reasons for this sort of pain, but nothing seems to fit. Not hernia, not some sort of rare injury, not infection, no std, not a serious illness like cancer. Nothing seems to fit.

The pain got a bit less after I took a nap this afternoon, but since then it's actually gotten worse than it was before. I'm young and don't do any stressful activities, but i'm also not in very good shape either.

If anyone has any ideas, half-baked or not, theories, anything, please post them. Thank you.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 11th, 2005
Well, the pain has subsided 90% - after posting this, I attempted to find the source of the pain; whether it was my groin or right teste. I basically just massaged the area, trying to find where it hurt the most, and in doing so found an area to the back-right of my scrotum which felt puffy. After trying without success to find an area that specifically hurt, I found the pain beginning to lessen and when I woke up this morning it was nearly gone.

I think it was some sort of muscle pull within the scrotum area. Not a groin pull, i've had those before. Either way, it was basically twisted muscles or nerves or something that rubbing out fixed, much like many muscle sprains. The fact that such a thing could affect the testicles is/was surprising. :?
|

replied April 7th, 2009
aches
my testicles have been acheing for a while now and my right testicle has grown much bigger in size and have no idea what it is help asap
|

replied July 29th, 2012
Hey I have the same exact problem as you! how did you massage it? and did you feel shaky as you massaged.... I think that's just me cause I got really anxious and it's probably my stress reducing as I ease the pain out
|