Medical Questions > Womens Health > Birth Control Forum

Do Bc Pills Decrease Sex Drive?

Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...
I'm on yasmin, and since being on it, my sex drive has greatly decreased. Is this a side effect of birth control? Should I try a lower hormone pill like orthotri cyclen lo?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 10th, 2005
Experienced User
I've been on lo for a month, and I still have a really high sex drive! I absolutely love it still, which my boyfriend loves. But, whenever I was on ortho novum it went down a lot, but I was really depressed when I was on it also, so maybe that had something to do with it. Hope this helped!
|

replied October 12th, 2005
Experienced User
Yes, you have helped a bunch. I'm going to ask my doctor about a lower hormone pill. Thanks!
|

Experienced User
Yes. When I was on yasmin, and then ortho-cept, my sex drive was almost non-existent.
|

Experienced User
That's exactly how I feel now on yasmin, and I used to have a very healthy sex drive. I really hope switching pills works.
|

Experienced User
It might, the pills are different for everyone though. Hope you get it figured out!! I know it sucks!!
|

replied October 15th, 2005
Yasmin has killed my sex drive.
|

replied October 19th, 2005
Experienced User
poisongirl wrote:
yasmin has killed my sex drive.

same here, and it gives me migraines and my face is breaking out. I made an appointment for monday to get a new pill.
|

replied October 19th, 2005
Ive been on alesse for almost 2 years and have definitely had increased sex drive! Haha its been really good.
|