Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > First Trimester of Pregnancy Forum

When Does Your Belly Button Start to Poke Out?

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
Im 3 months pregnant and I have been having weird feelings in my belly button like its stretching so can anyone tell me when does your belly button gonna poke out?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 15th, 2005
Experienced User
Haven't got a clue...But would just like to say that I am not looking forward to that day!....Why...How many weeks/months are you? Is yours sticking out already?
|

replied October 19th, 2005
Experienced User
I'm on my 28th week and part of it is just starting to pop out. One thing for sure is that it is easier for me to clean my belly button now!!! Lol
|

replied October 19th, 2005
Experienced User
I am almost 6 months and my belly button hasn't started poking out
i haven't even gained enough weight for my belly button ring to start stretching
i can feel my belly button starting to stretch but ive heard that some girls won't even have to deal with it popping out if the don't gain alot of weight during their pregnancy.
|

User Profile
replied November 15th, 2005
Extremely eHealthy
When it pops out its done!
|

replied December 7th, 2005
Experienced User
I have had to kids and I think it depends on how deep your belly button is. My freind is really skinny and her belly button is normally really shallow so her's popped out at like 3 months. Mine is a little deep I guess, you can see the back of it....Well mine never really "popped" out it got flat and poked out a little toward the end of the pregnancys. I only gained 13lbs total with my first and 11lbs total with me second though.
|

User Profile
replied December 8th, 2005
Extremely eHealthy
amber1983 wrote:
i have had to kids and I think it depends on how deep your belly button is. My freind is really skinny and her belly button is normally really shallow so her's popped out at like 3 months. Mine is a little deep I guess, you can see the back of it....Well mine never really "popped" out it got flat and poked out a little toward the end of the pregnancys. I only gained 13lbs total with my first and 11lbs total with me second though.

wow lucky you!!
|

replied December 8th, 2005
Experienced User
Yeah I guess, but not gaining weight could cause problems too, so it's not all a blessing. I actually weighed less right after I gave birth than before I got pregnant. Like with my first I only gained 13 lbs and the my baby was almost 9lbs all by himself, so including the fluid and the placenta I should have gained alot more.
|

replied December 19th, 2005
Experienced User
Lol I was really skinny and my bellybutton was deep...Im only 18 weeks and im bellybutton is almost poped out..I give it another week..

*tear I guess I will have to take out my belly ring...
|

replied December 19th, 2005
Extremely eHealthy
lilypad wrote:
when it pops out its done!

.Lmao -- right?

Mine has never popped out, just gets flat towards the end of pregnancy. This time it is squished to one side and almost closed sideways. Still have a little over 3 months to go. I only gained 18 lbs with my previous pregnancy's. Dont know how much this time.
|

replied July 23rd, 2009
I'm 17 weeks and mine just within the past few days has become much... less innie. I'm not sure if it will ever pop completely out but its definitely migrated in that direction. I'm very small build so i suspect your size as well as the degree of innie it was pre-preggo plays a role.
|

replied May 22nd, 2010
belly button
I am 12 weeks and my belly button is already popping out.
|

replied August 27th, 2010
health
hey i am five weeks pregnant and i am not having any major pregnancy symptoms but sleepping alot and eating dats all
|

User Profile
replied September 29th, 2010
my belly button
my belly botton is half way n and half way out
|

replied December 16th, 2010
I am almost 33 weeks pregnant and it is no where near popping out but my belly button has been oddly enough very deep before I got pregnant and I was rather a small girl too. also so far I have gained 50lbs but I am still very small, hardly showing much according to my friends.
|

replied January 11th, 2011
My Big Navel Drama
I am 3months and mine already started to pop out! The sad thing about it.. Ever since growing up I had a big navel.. As I grew older it went in... got smaller.. Now That I'm Expecting It's getting big again Sad I hope it goes back down after I have the baby
|

replied March 26th, 2012
pregnant
hi there i am 16 weeks pregnant and my belly button has not started to pop out yet and i was just wondering when it will pop out x
|