Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

Yi Remedy Anyone???!!!

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
Hi im just new here and I am on my 12th week of pregnancy. I joined this forum coz I am hoping to gain more knowledge from others. Unfortunately I am suffering from yeast infection and it is really irritating and just my luck, my appointment is on the 27th which is like two weeks from now ive done all the tests beforehand and everything seemed normal apart from yi. Does anyone here know whats the safest and most effective over the counter remedy for yi? Or any infos about the herbal remedy acidophilus lactobacillus? Is it really good? I would be thankful on any advise with this matter

thanks
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied October 10th, 2005
Extremely eHealthy
Hey hun. Congrats on the pregnancy!! I would call my doctor to inform him about the yi and ask his what would be safe to take!
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
Re Yi
If dr isnt avaiable ask a pharmacist I just took regular over the counter stuff and it worked....................Only do this if it is really buggin u though if not wait for dr cause it could be something else

jess
|

Experienced User
brianbaby wrote:
hey hun. Congrats on the pregnancy!! I would call my doctor to inform him about the yi and ask his what would be safe to take!

thanks for the quick reply...Its really hard to book a doctor's appointment here :( you cant even speak to them thru fone but ill give them a ring again tomorrow cheers for that
|

Experienced User
As a pharmacist, I would recommend you phone your doc tomorrow to find out what they say....They may fit you in so that they can properly diagnose the yi. Hope this helps.

Leslie
|

Experienced User
Re: Re Yi
diamondsz wrote:
if dr isnt avaiable ask a pharmacist I just took regular over the counter stuff and it worked....................Only do this if it is really buggin u though if not wait for dr cause it could be something else

jess

hello jess, its been buggin me coz im worried that it might cause harm on the baby, its not that severe though but I might try taking acidophilus lactobacillus, as ive read that there is no known side effects and its all herbal.
|

Experienced User
Just because it's herbal, doesn't mean it's safe. In fact, most herbal therapies have not been tested during pregnancy...So nobody knows if they are safe or not. I would call docs in morning and explain to them what is going on. Like I said, they may sqeeze you in asap.
|

Experienced User
You must be very careful with anything herbal when pregnant. Some herbs can cause miscarriages/abortions. Some of the things I have read are using hydrogen peroxide inserting into vaginal cavity through a syringe, or using a funnel. Another thing I have read is using yogurt with active cultures, or using pure garlic by inserting a garlic clove in the vaginal cavity. You can try reseraching on your own through a search. Just type in home remedy for yeast infection. Good luck.
|

Experienced User
lesliepei wrote:
just because it's herbal, doesn't mean it's safe. In fact, most herbal therapies have not been tested during pregnancy...So nobody knows if they are safe or not. I would call docs in morning and explain to them what is going on. Like I said, they may sqeeze you in asap.

i dont really know what to do now, I know what doctors are like here, im just getting anxious and paranoid :?
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
Re: Yi
Hello jess, its been buggin me coz im worried that it might cause harm on the baby, its not that severe though but I might try taking acidophilus lactobacillus, as ive read that there is no known side effects and its all herbal.[/quote]

hubby is a nurse although he is not a dr I had him verify with dr at work to see what to take..............Most drs really recommend that you dont take anything in the first three months without their knowledge. If you have already had a yeast infection before than you know what it it so take the meds if not and it may be your first then really consult dr as for lei he/she is right about herbal some have been tested most not some herbal pharmacys do have pharmacists but try and avoid this route as it can cause dammage.............................
|

Experienced User
teach486 wrote:
you must be very careful with anything herbal when pregnant. Some herbs can cause miscarriages/abortions. Some of the things I have read are using hydrogen peroxide inserting into vaginal cavity through a syringe, or using a funnel. Another thing I have read is using yogurt with active cultures, or using pure garlic by inserting a garlic clove in the vaginal cavity. You can try reseraching on your own through a search. Just type in home remedy for yeast infection. Good luck.

sorry my mistake acidhophilus is a prebiotic (good bacteria) they said its just like your taking a cup of yogurt per day? What do you think?
|

Experienced User
Without speaking to your doc, i'd stick to eating yogurt.... Just to be safe. Remember, every decision you make when you are pregnant affects your baby. Good luck
|

replied October 11th, 2005
Experienced User
lesliepei wrote:
without speaking to your doc, i'd stick to eating yogurt.... Just to be safe. Remember, every decision you make when you are pregnant affects your baby. Good luck

will do that thanks
|