Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Stomach, Ulcers, Gastric Bypass Forum

Intense Pain When Consuming Anything

Must Read
Abdominal pain and bellyaches are common. Though most cases of abdominal pain aren't serious, sometimes you will need to see a doctor. We’ll review some of...
Abdominal pain can be uncomfortable but is very common. But when is pain in the abdomen serious? Learn how to describe your symptoms more accurately so that yo...
It's important to "know your pain" to help your doctor diagnose the reason behind abdominal pain. Read on for more tools and information about how to diagnose ...
This has been on going for 4 days now (the sickness) it started out with a slow moving temperature increasing up to 102.6, with no other symptoms. I was very light headed, and very weak. I stayed in bed 2 days and finally started taking tylenol every 8 hours for another 36 hours. Around this time is when the stomach pains began and I went to the hospital. They x-rayed me, did blood work, cat scanned, and after 10 hours I was released with a recommendation to go to a gastro- (something) doctor. 48 hours later the pains have not stopped.

- anytime I eat or drink any amount of any liquid (water, tea, apple juice) or solid (vegetable soup, chicken noodle soup, jello) I have an intense stabbing and tightening pain in my stomach. If I eat 1/4 spoonful the pains are less intense, but I can barely eat like this. I ate half a bowl of veggie soup yesterday and it took me almost an hour, in between pains.

Any advice, recommendations would be greatly appreciated, i'm at my witts end!

Thanks
Did you find this post helpful?
|