Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

Sore Abdomen

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
Im 12 weeks pregnant,..And my abdomen is really sore when I touch it,.. It feels like its brused or something, but its not,(and it only feels sore on 1 side of my abdomen) I noticed this for 2 days now.... Is it normal??? I noticed it the other day after I woke up....But I dont think I hurt myself in my sleep. So I dunno where its comin from. I dunno I jus kinda got worried becuz it feels so sore to even touch my abdomen. Does anyone know if this is normal?????
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 10th, 2005
Me Too!!!
Hi alison425 my name is loola and I have been lookin for someone to answer that same question. I wonder if that is normal I have that same feeling on the same side I am 15 weeks I hope that everything is okay for the both of us......I wish you the best of luck.
|

Experienced User
I don't know if I am the best person to answer your question since I am not having the smoothest pregnancy but I have been experiencing soreness.
It started when I was about 8 weeks. I am 12 weeks now and I still get it some days. I might have it for a day or two and then it goes away for a day or two and then it comes back.

Maybe someone else has experienced it too, I hope they reply
|

Hi, thats makes me feel a bit better that im not the only one,...As far as I kno,..My pregnancy is normal,...It started to feel sore like a day or 2 after my doctors app. So I wasnt able to ask him about this. I tried to search for any info online but I couldnt find anything.
|

Extremely eHealthy
Re: Sore Abdomen
alison425 wrote:
im 12 weeks pregnant,..And my abdomen is really sore when I touch it,.. It feels like its brused or something, but its not,(and it only feels sore on 1 side of my abdomen) I noticed this for 2 days now.... Is it normal??? I noticed it the other day after I woke up....But I dont think I hurt myself in my sleep. So I dunno where its comin from. I dunno I jus kinda got worried becuz it feels so sore to even touch my abdomen. Does anyone know if this is normal?????

have you had ultra sound yet???
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
alison425 wrote:
im 12 weeks pregnant,..And my abdomen is really sore when I touch it,.. It feels like its brused or something, but its not,(and it only feels sore on 1 side of my abdomen) I noticed this for 2 days now.... Is it normal??? I noticed it the other day after I woke up....But I dont think I hurt myself in my sleep. So I dunno where its comin from. I dunno I jus kinda got worried becuz it feels so sore to even touch my abdomen. Does anyone know if this is normal?????

hey alison and other moms to be

its completely normal to feel swollen/bruised in the beginning even until end especially with # 1. I had it with elisa and now with the other one but supposedly its just from growth of uterus as to where later on u feel a pulling/cramping sensation. Bring it up with the dr if ur still worried

jess
|

Extremely eHealthy
diamondsz wrote:
alison425 wrote:

hey alison and other moms to be

its completely normal to feel swollen/bruised in the beginning even until end especially with # 1. I had it with elisa and now with the other one but supposedly its just from growth of uterus as to where later on u feel a pulling/cramping sensation. Bring it up with the dr if ur still worried

jess

you can also get these horrible pains from the ligamints stretching in there. My daughter in law ended up in hospital with her pains from it.
|

Yes I had an ultrasound at 8 weeks....
And thankyou for all the responds,....It made me feel a bit more relaxed about it,.. I was jus a bit worried becuz I havent experienced that b4,...I knew ur cervix an everything gets more tender during pregnancy,..But I didnt kno that also meant feeling sore to the touch an like if I had a bruse.
But thankyou everyone.
|

I havent got an ultrasound yet, but I was told that it was normal to be sore, but I was wondering why the doctors take these things so lightly. This is my first baby and I am very worried about things I am 15 weeks and am very anxious to find out what I am having.
|

replied January 19th, 2009
Sore Abdomen
This is quite weird to me. My menstrual cycle is due to begin today and I have been feeling quite strange lately...sleepy, moody, really tender breasts and strange flutters in my abdomen...just like really bad pre-menstrual symptoms.
One very odd thing I noticed after getting out of the shower was the center of my lower abdomen was really sore as though it was bruised, and I don't remember banging into anything and there was no bruising there. Then this afternoon I'd noticed it was gone.
|

replied January 28th, 2010
I feel the same way yet I am on here checking for signs of pregnancy before I take a dreaded hpt. I'm just not sure if it's a normal feelin to be tender in my lower abdominal or if I should be worried.
|