Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

21 Days Late...and So Confused.

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
My lmp was on august 21st. So obviously I skipped september and it is now october 10th and no period. I have looked up when I ovulate and it would have been around the first weekend in sept. My fiance is in the militarty and yes, you've guessed it, he was home for two weeks during that time period. I am not having any symptoms of my period coming or being pregnant. Although I have had some very mild cramping here and there. Last week also, for about three days, I would feel as though my heart was working like some serious over time. I have never felt that before. I felt slightly out of breath. It hasn't happened again, since last thursday, and now I am feeling fine. I don't know if that is at all related to what I am going through, but I just thought that maybe it would help someone be able to better help me. I would think that I was pregnant, but about 3 1/2 weeks ago, I went to my gynecologist because I had some bleeding after intercourse on two occasions and some abdominal/pelvic pain. She did a pelvic exam and she said that all was ok. But she sent me to the radiologist for a transvaginal ultrasound. Just to make sure that I didn't have any polyps or cysts and all that good stuff. I went last week, on october 5. The tech. Said that she didn't see any polyps or cysts, but asked about my period and if I had taken a pregnancy test. I had not...(i know that its dumb, but I was afraid to take a pregnancy test and it came back negative and something far worse is wrong with me and causing the pain and lack of my period. I had an abortion when I was a freshman in college, I am now 22 and afraid that I may not be able to have children.) she told me that the would send the report to my gyno and that the would call once they received them. Wouldn't she had said something if I were pregnant? Wouldn't she have seen something on the scan? Now I am just a bit nervous. :roll: I don't know what to think. I am not saying that this is the most idealic time to be pregnant, I am planning a wedding and finishing school, but it will still be the most wonderful news ever. But if I am not, does anyone have any suggestions on what it could be :idea: should I wait and see if my period comes this month, and then make an appointment if it doesn't or should I just go ahead and call my doctor?

I am sorry for it being so long, I just don't want to excite my family and then turn around and disappointment them.
Thank you for reading all of this and look forward to your help.

Last edited by arieslove1 on October 12th, 2005 02:42 PM; edited 1 time in total
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 10th, 2005
Why dont you just take a test and get it over with. Normally techs are only there to look for certain things but they arent allowed to get you any info. Maybe as policy, they werent allowed to tell you that you are pregnant. Sounds like its likely, cramping and no period were the only symptoms that I had when pg with my son up until I was about 7 weeks. Oh and about the abortion thing...My friend had one and was able to get pregnant 2 years later with her son who is perfectally healthy. Good luck!
|

replied October 10th, 2005
Active User, very eHealthy
Im sure they would have told you.
Also having an abortion rarely hinders getting pregnant again
|