Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Skin Forum

itchy little red bumps on my back, butt and thighs, shoulder

Must Read
Acne is a common skin condition - but what types of acne can a person have? Start learning about acne here....
Does chocolate or greasy food cause acne? Learn the difference between fact and myth...plus who is at risk for getting acne?...
Severity of acne and symptoms vary by individual. Learn the difference between mild and sever acne here...and when you should seek medical help for acne....
I've been itchy off and on for over a month. A couple of weeks ago, I found little red bumps on my back, butt and thighs, some on shoulders. My skin has also gotten extremely dry, if I scratch my leg, skin comes off like dandruff! I've never had a problem with dry skin. My legs are also burning! I'm so confused. Went to the doctor last week and she just looked at my back and told me it looked like acne. She gave me a prescription for doxycyline. It hasn't worked yet. I don't know what to do and i'm starting to get scared. Any advice?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper sunnyhotpantz
|

replied August 12th, 2008
itchy red bumps
Hi,
I also have this same problem i had ACL surgery about 2 weeks ago and i had my knee wrapped in ace bandage for awhile when i took the bandage off i noticed tiny red bumps. I thought nothing of it until they started iching like crazy i itched and my skin fell off just like yours did. The best thing ive found to do is not itch it the bumps seem fine unless you itch them then they get red and feel like there burning i also try to ice it that helps with the burning feeling

hope this helps Smile
|

replied March 17th, 2009
itchy red bumps
i have also had this "the bumps seem fine unless you itch them then they get red and feel like there burning i also try to ice it that helps with the burning feeling. " except they itch .. anyway the only place i can figure i got this was from a girl i was dating she mentioned to me that she had had a staph infection. showed me a spot under her arm ..but i noticed then that she had red spots on her stomach ...and that is where mine started then it has moved t my buttocks and upper thighs ..now i' getting it pretty much everywhere. but its not very dense except on my bottom .. anyone have any ideas ? is it some sort of skin staph infection ??
|

replied June 28th, 2009
itchy red bumps
Hi,
I have the exact same thing.. red bumps on my butt, thighs, and some ranging up to my stomach and shoulders. they don't always itch, but when they do... it's horrible. I realize this is an old post, but did you ever find out what it was/find a remedy/did it go away? I'm seeing a doctor about it tomorrow and will post the news then, but if you have any information now let me know please!
|

replied September 1st, 2009
I have the same problem. But it's only my thighs and butt...Did you guys ever find out what it was?
|

replied September 3rd, 2009
Doctor #1 told me that it was folliculitis.. gave me antibiotics which didn't do anything. Doctor #2 told me that it was scabies. which unfortunately turned out to be true. To clarify, I had bumps that started on my butt and thighs, then would range up my back and stomach, and lastly attacked my hands/wrists. He prescribed me a cream and in 2 weeks it was completely gone (along with washing clothes, bed, everything). For your sake, i hope it's not the same thing, but my advice is go see a good doctor before it gets worse.
|
Users who thank beleza07 for this post: dezro 

replied September 9th, 2009
i got them too but they not only itch they hurt to the point where i cant sit what can i do
|

replied October 7th, 2009
thanks so much for your answer beleza07 ...I was thinking of scabies too (after reading about rashes) but I hear it's contagious...Is it true? cuz my dad has been having the same problem for quite a while now but my mom doesn't!
I'm also allergic to one dose (almost any kind) of medicine...I never had any kind of allergy and rash before taking two doses of strong antibiotics (and drinking no water)...all my rash, itching problems started since then...It went away after I started drinking water regularly (I used to drink very little water before)...But it came back and it's a little different now.
Thanks for your answer anyway...I will go see a doctor ASAP.
|

replied April 30th, 2013
Mupltipling red welts/bumps on left leg and thigh
SOMEONE PLEASE HELP! This morning I noticed three medium sized red bumps on the side of my thigh and they seemed to be I the middle of what looked like a welt. The skin was swollen around it and slightly red. Didn't think much of it until I noticed another little cluster of three with swollen skin a little higher above the first one. Got more as the day went on 6 little bumps spread out from my ankle to my knee cap on the same leg. Their red but don't have swollen skin around them and are not clustered up. Then I got a giantic red spot with a welt around it right above the 2 welt/ bump I got on my thigh. All bumps seem to itch a little along with the swollen skin. This is only happening on my left leg and I have got about ten bites or whatever in one day. Any suggest on what's happening will be greatly appreciated. PLEASE HELP!
|

replied April 30th, 2013
Mupltipling red welts/bumps on left leg and thigh
SOMEONE PLEASE HELP! This morning I noticed three medium sized red bumps on the side of my thigh and they seemed to be I the middle of what looked like a welt. The skin was swollen around it and slightly red. Didn't think much of it until I noticed another little cluster of three with swollen skin a little higher above the first one. Got more as the day went on 6 little bumps spread out from my ankle to my knee cap on the same leg. Their red but don't have swollen skin around them and are not clustered up. Then I got a giantic red spot with a welt around it right above the 2 welt/ bump I got on my thigh. All bumps seem to itch a little along with the swollen skin. This is only happening on my left leg and I have got about ten bites or whatever in one day. Any suggest on what's happening will be greatly appreciated. PLEASE HELP!
|

replied June 7th, 2013
Scabies on the RISE
IT'S. SCABIES PEOPLE!!! like we are having infestation of bed bugs. Scabies is on the rise!
If you got red bumps that itch only sometimes then disappear
IF ANYONE KNOWS QUIT HOME REMEDY MOST PEOPLE IN THE USA...
Don't have health insurance to go see a doctor!!!
my girlfriend got them to from me. i cuaght it from someone else who had these bumps which i thought were acne.
Scabies the mite don't care who you are come in contact you will get it. They are red bumps on you're back, butt, between UR fingers, they RED BUMPS go away but seem to still be there dormet Under the skin

Jump in HOT TUB makes it worse... fungus or mold scabies they love - so it's not fungi infection.
I'm still trying to rid of them - plus they leave behind nasty scares on you're skin

Itch
|