Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Q and A Forum

How Long Does the Blood Test Take?

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
I have an apt tonight at pph. I'm wondering how long it takes to get results from a blood test? Will I know tonight or will I have to wait?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied December 4th, 2003
Active User, very eHealthy
It really depends on your doctor. Some can give you the results quickly whilst others it can take up to a week.
|

Different Types?
Are there different types of blood tests? Waiting an entire week would be so hard! Do I have to tell them before hand that I need it or can I just discuss it with the doc when I get there?
|

Extremely eHealthy
Planned Parenthood
Generally doesn't give blood tests, but if they do in your area, I normally takes at least 24 hours, but depends on what lab they use...It'll be sooner than you think though.

Good luck,

jennifer Laughing
|

Uh Oh
I didn't realize that most pphs don't do blood tests. How can they check then without the blood test? I thought that was the only sure fire way.

(thanks everyone for your replies. Your information really helps people!)
|

Active User, very eHealthy
Pph usually does urine tests or regular "at home tests". Sometimes they may do a few to be certain.
|

Extremely eHealthy
Blood Test
When I went to the doctor, they sent me to another branch of their facility and I took a blood test and I asked how long for results and they said 30 minutes, but I had to wait till the next morning b/c I had to wait for my regular doctor to get the results first...I guess it all depends on ur doctor...Some doctors dont do them and some dont have the faciltiy to do it right then and there(some prolly have to send it off to a lab), but some doctors do it right there and u can get results while you wait!
Jordan
|

replied June 29th, 2010
Need help!! i have a 10 yr old dtr and now married to my husband of 4 yrs we have been trying to make a baby for 2 yrs. due to me not having a regular cycle it has been hard. took birth control to regulate my period and missed a pill and have not seen my period for june took 3 home test and it was negative i feel certain symptoms but not if it's all in my head.... what should i do? can i still be pregnant? help me!!1
|
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Dr. Madhumita Avinash Paul
User Profile
User Profile
User Profile