Medical Questions > Womens Health > Womens Conditions Forum

Her Uterus Is Tilted to Her Right...why??

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
This is the story of my cousin..She is 23 married and wants to have her first child with her husband.She lost her virginity at 13,10 yrs ago.Every month since she was 17 she started spoting like about 10 days after her period with bloating feelings and light cramps..During her period it always hurts to her right..Only her right..Well now she wanted to have a baby,she has been trying for 5 months but she has ben with her boyfriend for 10 yrs not trying and never got pregant.Recently she went for an ultra sound to see why she was having so much pain on one side..
Well the doc said she has her uterus slightly towards her right..And when she has her period thats why it hurts soo much in that side.She asked if this was going to bring her probems trying to conceive the doc said no..But how did her uterus developed right if is to her right..Is not straight...Could this be a problem??Shes really worried..
My question is...If she tries to conceive wont the sperm stay stck there...Or fall back because is not straight.How about if her uterus didnt get developed right because she lost her virginity so young..
Plssss answer back to her(she uses my name)thankss
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 7th, 2005
Especially eHealthy
Her uterus being tipped to the right has nothing to do with when she lost her virginity; that's just the way her body is! I am not sure how that could affect ferility or the carrying of a child though,. I'd get more professional help on this, from another gynecologist.
|

replied October 8th, 2005
If I was your cousin I might get a second opinion. Her symptoms sound a lot like endometriosis! A lot of women have it, and it can cause severe cramping and bloating with periods and spotting around the time of ovulation. As far as her uterus being tilted, that is very common, everyone is different in that aspect and it is no cause for concern.
|

User Profile
replied October 27th, 2005
Extremely eHealthy
As far as I know many women have a tilted uterus, I have one and had no trouble getting pregnant the first time....
|

replied October 6th, 2008
my sister in law
had this same problem although it does not affect getting pregnant as she has two boys and is pregnant with a girl. some doctors even advise ways to fixing it as 2 choices, surgery, have a baby and that is why she is pregnant again, getting pregnant with a tilted uterus will only straighten it out...
|

replied February 22nd, 2009
Tilted to the right uterus
I too have a tilted uterus to the right.. and I have 2 children no problem. But it does give severe cramping on the monthly. So she should be able to have kids.
|

replied April 7th, 2009
Tilted uterus
I also have a tilted uterus to the right, i only found this out a couple of weeks ago, i also lost my virginty early but have 2 girls, i get pain down my right side and also suffer with back pains, so finding out that i had a tilted uterus answered alot of my questions, as i had back labour with both my girls and found labour more painful down the right side, i was told that it isn't a problem having this but if i wanted 2 have further checks i could, so im sure she wil not have a problem getting pregant because of the tilt, hope this helps natasha.
|

replied June 22nd, 2012
Tilted or tipped uterus
|