Medical Questions > Mental Health > Anxiety and Stress Forum

What Was This???

Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...
Around 7 months ago I got pain in the left side of my chest and called
for an ambulance, as I was waiting to arrive I was panicing and I had my hand on my chest and was convinced I felt my heart stop for a second and my vision started to fade and so I hit my chest and my heart started beating normally again with a hard thud...The ambulance arrived and I went to the hospital and they did tests and said there was nothing wrong...And i'm only 15 I suffer from really bad anxiety...
Was this serious???
I am terrified about it ever since...And have had really severe symptroms and stress ever since then...I already had anxiety before that though...
It's just i'm convinced my heart stopped for a second with the fading of the vision and feeling as if I was about to die...
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 8th, 2005
Experienced User
Hi,

are you seeing a counsellor at the moment? Could you maybe consider seeing one for your anxiety to prevent it from worsening. Why do you feel that you are suffering from stress and anxiety? Is it caused by anything inparticular that you know of?

Take care of yourself.
|

I know that your experience was very scary but I am sure the hospital did test to rule out any heart condition. Please continue with the counselor. Are you taking any medications for the anxiety?
|

Experienced User
Yes, thanks for your replies, I have an appointment booked with a counceller.
I'm not taking anything for my anixety yet.
The thing is though although I was under a high amount of stress on the day it happened i'm still convinced that it felt like my heart actualy stopped, has anyone else ever experianced anything like what I described?
|

replied October 9th, 2005
Experienced User
Hi there delancey,i have experienced that feeling and it really is all to do with anxiety, I have had anxiety and panic attacks for five years long enough but not as long as some,i followed the linden method,and I also take fluxoetine(they are great) and now I am back to "normal" I cannot even bring on anxiety,i have so much stress so many problems(with my teenage children)that I could really have gone mad,but iv taught myself that nothing but nothing is worth worrying about,just yourself and getting better,the linden method has helped me so very much,i listen to a recording every night whilst im getting off to sleep and the help it has given me has been worth every penny and more,if I can help you in any way you can email me, take care and trynot to worry(easyer said than done) x
|

replied October 10th, 2005
Experienced User
Pip2000 thanks for your advice, it helps to hear from other
people.
I will listen to the advice you give, thankyou.
|

replied October 13th, 2005
Good, you are too young to be having additional thing worrying you. When you address your fears to the counselor I am sure you will be reassured.
But please post here if you start to feel bad or have any other questions even if you feel is dumb or stupid, most of us have been there and can share with you our symptoms and try to help you sort them out.
Take care, sally
|