Medical Questions > Womens Health > Fertility Forum

Not Pregnant Why?

Must Read
If you're experiencing difficult conceiving, you are not alone. Learn how doctors define infertility and how infertility affects both men and women here....
Many things cause fertility problems. Learn common causes of infertility for men and women here, plus info on factors that affect the ability to conceive....
Sometimes fertility do not manifest any symptoms. Other times there are definite signs. Learn to identify possible problems and know when to ask for help....
Hi I have missed 3 periods now and I have done numerous home tests and still showing not pregnant I dont feel pregnant what could be the cause of my missed three periods ?? I am not stressed I eat healthy and I have had regular periods.

I have stopped taking the pill in may and had two normal periods since then

please help
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 11th, 2005
Me Too
I have missed mine as well. I have not had a cycle since july 31 and have to yet receive one. My test are coming back negative as well. I'm waitng on some blood work to come back. There is not that much stress to make me miss so many periods. The only answer that my doctor came up with was stress. When she did an ultra-sound they could not determine whether or not it was an egg yoke or a cyst. So, they drew blood to confirm what it could be. Fingers crossed that I am pregnant. I have a 6year old now and my boyfriend and I have been trying for the last three years to have a child. He does not have any kids. My daughter is my third pregnancy. I thought that I was the only person in this situation.
|

User Profile
replied October 16th, 2005
Extremely eHealthy
The human body is a funny thing. I havent missed any periods and have always had very regular periods but when I am trying consciously to get pregnant I think I convince myself that im pregnant and make my period late. Even though you dont "feel" stressed, I think trying to get pregnant itself has a stress like affect. Im no dr though, I think if I missed 3 periods I would definitely want to know why and be hounding my doc!
|

replied October 18th, 2005
It Finally Came
After not having a period for a couple of months, I finally got it. So, I was not pregnant. But since then my doctor has started me on clomid. My fiance' and I have worked out a schedule to have intercourse around his job schedule. I am very excited and pray that finally we get pregnant. I already have a child, but my boyfriend does not. But, back to your reply. I do believe that I sike myself into thinking that I am pregnant as well.
|

User Profile
replied October 19th, 2005
Extremely eHealthy
Well, my period is 3 days late so once again I am wondering what if?? Last month it was a week late so im not getting my hope up yet.
Good luck to you
|

replied October 19th, 2005
Good Luck
It's something else when you want to have a baby and it does not seem to be happening. But I am going to really enjoy all the practice of trying. My fiance' is gong to get himself tested to make sure that all is well with him as well as with me.

Good luck to you[/quote]
|

User Profile
replied October 20th, 2005
Extremely eHealthy
Getting Antsy
My period is 5 days late-still waiting to test. I know I can now but I am not sure if I might still get it.
Good luck to you. I agree part of the fun is trying!!
|

The same thing happened to my cousin. She was three months pregnant but the home tests kept coming out negative. She found out when she got a blood test from the hospital. Sometimes home tests are not accurate, so I suggest to get a blood test instead.
|

Let Me Know
How well do you all think that the ovulations kits work? My doctor suggested that we try the ovulation or have intercourse every other day. But what do you think about the kits
|

User Profile
replied October 21st, 2005
Extremely eHealthy
Got my period finally after 6 days- nothing like 3 months of course. Damn those irregular cycles!
|

replied October 21st, 2005
Me Too... Plus An Inquiry
I also had the same problem just last year, my husband went to work abroad april so I decided to stop my pill. My period came end of april but missed it for 4 months. I consulted my ob and gave me medication to balance my hormones (i forgot the name of the medicine) truly enough, my period came a week later and stopped again for 2 months. My doctor told me that this was bec I stopped my pill.Then after that I had a half year of regular period. Now, we are trying to have another child (since june!) and we still have no luck. I had some delays but for the past two months my period came a month plus 18 days cycle. I had my last period last oct 6 and had a day spotting last oct17, what could this be? Thanks and greetings to all
|

replied October 24th, 2005
Stress
The only thing that my ob-gyn could tell me about not having my cycle was stress. We all have to be under some serious stress to not have a period for a long time. I guess we all want to have a baby so bad that this is the cause behind our stress. But, good luck to all and wish you all the best on trying to have a baby. But can one of you all answer my question about how well does the home ovulation kits work.
|

replied January 26th, 2006
A hpt is sometimes no substitute for a woman's intuition. If you're worried get a blood test. They test for a quantitive amount of hcg which tells them exactly how much growth hormone is in your system. It's 100% accurate especially at your late stage. If that is negative the doctor can give you (i wanna say progesterone tablets...) anyway something that can kickstart your af so you're free to try again as you please. Good luck!

Brie
|
Quick Reply