Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Early Pregnancy Signs and Symptoms Forum

Do Early Pregnancy Cramps Hurt More When You Bend Over?

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
Hi... I don't know forsure yet if I am pregnant or not, but I have had cramps for about 1 and 1/2 weeks. The pain isn't too bad, but it gets worse when I bend forward. Anyone else experience this ?

I am just worried that I might not be pregnant, but something else might be wrong (i will have a week before my next period).

Thank you
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 7th, 2005
I have had cramps for almost 2 weeks and my period isn't due until the 15th. This happened when I was pregnant with my son but I have never had it hurt when bending over. They might be gas pains.
|

replied October 9th, 2005
Active User, very eHealthy
Is ur pain at the naval/belly button?

Normally u tend to have some cramping but not so bad till u feel it when u bend over. R u having diarhoea/constipation/stomach upset?
|

replied October 11th, 2005
The pain is kind at the sides of the navel, and just below, but mostly to the right of the navel (between the navel and hip).

I have no diarrhea or stomach upset. There was a bit of constipation, but that has seemed to go away (ate more oatmeal). But I seemed to notice it isn't as much when I bend over. Mostly if I wear my jeans, and I am sitting in a straight up position (so I wonder if it is just the pants are too tight, and putting pressure in the sore area??)

i have a doctors appointment tomorrow... This waiting and wondering is killing me ... Thanks for your help !!!!
|

replied October 15th, 2005
Hey, how did the doctor appointment go?
|

replied October 17th, 2005
Still Waiting...
Well I went to the doctor's, and she just sent me to get an ultrasound (which the lady that did the ultrasound thought it was weird that the doctor didn't do a blood test or a urine test first). So now I am waiting for the result's from that. The doctor did mention it could be an ovarian cyst, so I looked on the net for ovarian cysts and signs of pregnancy... And they both have the same symptoms (nausea, pain in abdomen, ect).

But since my doctors appointment my breast have gotten sore and I think they have gotten bit bigger. (which isn't a sign of cysts...) and there isn't really any pain to the right of my belly button anymore, it is now more under it, and not constant, it has really calm down since a week ago.

Ahhhh... Tired of waiting to hear results. So I am hoping to hear from the doctor soon regarding the ultrasound, if not I will have to give them a call (i have never had an ultrasound before so I don't know how long it usually takes for the doctor to get back to you).

I will try to remember to give an update.
|

replied October 18th, 2005
U dear,

do give them a call, becoz the wait really kills. I can understand. When will u know the results?
|

replied October 24th, 2005
I gave them a call late last week to see if I can get the results from the ultersound, but they didn't have them yet (it has been about a week and a half now... That seems kind of long... It that normal ?).
But I just got my period yesterday, so it must be a cyst (it still hurt though.. So that kind of sucks). But I am still going to bug the doctor for the results...

Thanks !!
|