Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Second Trimester of Pregnancy Forum

27 Weeks With a Low-lying Placenta

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
My doctor told me that a low-lying placenta usually corrects itself but I am a hypochondriac and being pregnant just makes me twice as worried now that I have an extra person to worry about. Does anyone else have my problem? I am finally almost finished with my 2nd trimester but from what I have read, the 3rd trimester is no party and the 2nd one is suppusoed to be the easiest! At least I am getting closer and closer to meeting my baby.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper BabyAdrian
|

User Profile
replied October 10th, 2005
Extremely eHealthy
Re: Worried
With my first child I was a worry wort I know you may feel a little upside but you always have that feeling you can loose it..............Just take care and relax abit the second is alot easier
|

User Profile
replied October 11th, 2005
Extremely eHealthy
Re: Low Lying Placenta
Sorry forgot to add

i have low lying placenta I have gone through two ultrasounds already and nothing has changed, im 24 wks prego. On top of that I have been suffering from severe back pain and light cramps but I havent gushed out any blood yet I have spotted though. Im trying not to worry about it but the dr is telling me no house work no nothing but expects me to go to work anyways im having a hard time with drs lately but sounds like you should be fine

send me a message if you want to talk
i need to know what im in for lol!!
|

replied October 24th, 2005
Just Wondering
Ummmm dont they usually give women with a low placenta csection????

Becky
|

replied October 24th, 2005
Yes, from what i've read you do get a c-section if you have a low-lying placenta...But hopefully mine will correct itself.
|

replied October 28th, 2009
1stimemom
i am 20 weeks and just found out i have a low lying placenta. they stated it usually corrects itself..i am such a worry wart and have been the entire pregnancy. In the beginning i had spotting and a lot of ultrasounds.. They just discovered the low lying placenta. what are the chances that it will move up?
|