Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

Help! I Don't Know If My Ex-girlfriend Is Pregnant Or Not!

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
Hello,

this is a long story but here goes.

My girlfriend and I were going through a rocky period (i was planning on breaking up with her for many reasons), then she told me that she was pregnant, but the next day she told me that she wasn't and broke up with me, three days later she called and said she was really pregnant and wants to keep the baby, a few days later she called and said she wanted an abortion.

Frankly, I do not believe that she is pregnant (for a few reasons, that I won't go into unless someone wants to know), she insists that she is. I told her that I needed some documentation from the doctor and she refused.

She also told me that she has started smoking and drinking (not enough to get drunk) and partying every weekend. Here's what I need to know...

1.Can alchohol consumption even if not enough to get drunk can harm the baby?

2.Does the doctor give expectant mothers any documentation stating their pregnany? If not can she request it? (we live 300 miles apart, I will try to convince her to send me something)
3.Can smoking no matter how much or little affect the baby?

4.If I can not get her to send me any documentation, what should my next course of action be?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 6th, 2005
Yes smoking and drinking can harm the baby. I have a question did she seem like she really wanted to brake up with you. She could be doing it to make you concerned so much that you beg for her to come back. Thats why she is probably so indecisive. You might me able to call the doctor and tell them your the baby's father and want to comfirm the pregnancy. Depending on the doctor patient privacy that might tell you.
|

replied October 6th, 2005
edit
|