Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Early Pregnancy Signs and Symptoms Forum

1 Day Late But Negative Test - Anyone? (Page 1)

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
I am on a regular 29 day cycle. I am offically 1 day late. Took a test yesterday am and today. It shows negative. My boobs hurt but I am also cramping (not like pms though).

I am using one of the best test out the (with the minimal hcg test levels).....Still negative.

How many days late can one be and still get a negative?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper ethel0611
|

replied October 6th, 2005
Preg Test
Yes, you may be pregnant. Most of the tests I took were neg until two or three weeks along. Boobs hurting was always my big clue, and i've had four kids. Get to a clinic asap so they can check you out, ok?
|

replied October 10th, 2005
Active User, very eHealthy
U might need to wait atleast 2 weeks to be very sure u r pregnant.
|

replied October 10th, 2005
Extremely eHealthy
It can take up to 3 weeks past missed period to get pos test on urine--me and my daughter that way
|

replied October 18th, 2005
Active User, very eHealthy
Re: 1 Day Late But Negative Test - Anyone?
telluride2000 wrote:
i am on a regular 29 day cycle. I am offically 1 day late. Took a test yesterday am and today. It shows negative. My boobs hurt but I am also cramping (not like pms though).

I am using one of the best test out the (with the minimal hcg test levels).....Still negative.

so how did it go? R u preg?
|

Experienced User
Count the days since the last time you had sex. If its more than 10 days then a pregnancy test should be positive. If not, then it just means that your period is late.

Good luck.

Ept is the best early pregnancy test. It can detect a pregnancy as early as 10 days after conception.
|

Experienced User
I have taken like 10 over the counter test and recently went to the clinic testing all showed negitive. I am a regular 21 days between and full days of period. In sept I was bleeding for one day and nothing yet in october. I have a doc appt on this thrusday again to be retested.. The doc said some people can not do a "pee" test? That you may have to do a blood test if this one is negitive. Has anyone heard of this?
|

replied October 31st, 2005
Blood Test
I have heard of the blood test. It measures exactly how much of the hormone hcg that you have in your blood.
|

replied November 3rd, 2005
I have a 28day regular cycle and I have been trying for 15months now I always can tell when I ovulate because my breast would hurt before my cycle is due but this time I missed my cycle and my breast started to hurt I took a preg test 3days after my cycle was due and it came back neg then I took a test 4days later within sec I got a positive so and my case it took 7days after my period to get a positive result
|

replied November 3rd, 2005
telluride2000 wrote:
i am on a regular 29 day cycle. I am offically 1 day late. Took a test yesterday am and today. It shows negative. My boobs hurt but I am also cramping (not like pms though).

hey! I took a pregnancy test october 30th. It was negative. Now, my period hasn't came on. I was told that a blood test is better than hpts. I am going to go to the health dept to take a blood test. If you want to be pregnant, I wish you all the best. Some hpts don't work until after 2 to 3 weeks of a missed period. Lots of baby dust your way.
|

replied December 22nd, 2010
one day late
my period is 1 day late i took a test it was neg..in november and october my period only lasted 2 days..before i had full length periods..could i b pregnant
|

replied January 12th, 2011
Hello My periods have always been on time, then in may 2010 they got later and later till i skipped June then July i had it on the 2nd Then from aug-Dec i had it on the 5th of Every month!!!! Now im a Week late..I took a HPT when i was one day late and it was Negitive..I saw VERY light pink discharge yesterday when i wipped None was in my panties..Then didn't see anymore till today When i wipped ONCE i seen it very light and hardly noticeable...Do you all think i could be pregnant, i mean Does this sound right?
|

replied January 20th, 2011
im confused too im a mum of 4 trying for number 5, period was due 19.1.11 im on a regular cycle so im a day late but negative test...sore boobs and metalic taste in my mouth and just tired!? had a miscarrage sep 2010 so really my body should be back to normal now right???
|

replied January 24th, 2011
my boobs have been sore for almost a month now...had my period last month right on time and just got over my period this month....boobs still sore...took two pregnancy test and both were negative...could i be pregnant?
|

replied January 26th, 2011
My husband and I have been TTC for several months now. I was due for my period January 21st. I've been monitoring my temperature with a basal thermometer and seem to have gotten the hang of my cycle. This month was a little different though... following ovulation, I could feel a very dull ache on the right side of my lower abdomen. I am a woman that can typically "feel" when I ovulate, but this sensation lastest several DPO. I began noticing symptoms like stuffy/bloody nose, headaches, dizziness, and an almost uncontrollable urge to eat. At 8DPO, I noticed a strange temperature shift on my basal chart, as my temperature appeared to be rising even further than it typically does post ovulation. I had this sneaking suspicion that all our efforts may have finally paid off, so I took a HPT on 9DPO (negative)... took another HPT on January 21st (the first day my period was due) and still tested negative... but no sign of AF. My biggest indicator was my CM, as I tend to spot several days prior to AF and there was absolutely no sign of spotting and my CM was a thick, creamy white (almost like lotion). My boobs were NOT sore at all, so I told myself to relax and that AF would show up soon. Tested again with a HPT at my first morning pee on January 24 (day 4 of no AF) and it was POSITIVE!!!

So... as excruciating as it may be, give it a few more days and if AF still hasn't made her appearance, then test again. BABY DUST TO ALL!!!
|

replied July 2nd, 2012
hi .. wondering if you could help me .. im 3 days late i done hpt this morning but was neg ,, i have gone up a bra size within the last 3 weeks and they feel very heavy at times, i always have a metalic taste in my mouth .. constantly on the loo , get often headaches nd very bad ones .. i keep getting cravings for lemonade , i used to be a cola fan but now i cant stand the taste of it .. what would u reccomend?x
|

replied February 13th, 2011
WOW Bella that is amazing!!!!!!!! I am 40 years old and in November 2010 my husband and I were both in shock when I found out I was pregnant. Up and down feelings. I have 3 beautiful girls 16,15,13 who are my pride and joy. When we told them the news. They were so excited. Unfortunately 1 week after I found out I was pregnant I had a miscarriage It was the most devastating thing I went through, but through out the sadness my husband and I decided that we would try again. My period was due on February 12 I am 1 day late too did HPT but it came out negative. After reading some of these post it gave me hope, I will test again in a few days if AF doesn't come. Good Luck to all!!!
|

replied March 16th, 2011
4 pregnancy test negative
Hi there I am a day due and I have done 4 tests up to now. 1st one 5-6 before due date and another 4 days before and another one 2 days before and one on the day period was due all negative. Still no period since yesterday. I think I'll wait for a couple of more days and try again. My boobs seem to have swollen but apart from going to wee more often I do not have any other symstoms.
|

replied March 17th, 2011
Hi I am pretty new to forums and keeping track of my ovulation and temperatures!
I am now a day late and have regular 27 day cycles. We have been TTC for 2 months for our 3rd baby. I have been charting my temps this month and my chart up until this morning was looking triphasic. My temp dropped from 37 to 36.6 (my coverline is 36.2) this morning making me think that AF was coming. I have had sore boobs and cramping for the last week and started feeling nauseous today and am getting frequent mild headaches. I am never late and don't understand the symptoms as I tested negative today with a digital test. Did it this afternoon though so may have been diluted??
Any body got any advise or ideas?? Thank you and good luck everyone waiting patiently.
|

replied March 20th, 2011
Help me!?! i think i may be pregnant but im not sure..
i done a test yesterday cos i have been feeling ill, im due for my period today but no signs, my boobs are a little tender, i been feeling sick, sleeping at least 12 hours a day, an i always feel like i need to wee lots but i dont.. i done the test yesterday and it came back neg, i dont know what to do since i havent got my period.. the last time i was pregnant i couldnt walk in the wind cos the breeze would make me gag, and i gaged today while walking to the shops. help!!
|

replied April 27th, 2011
i'm due on my period today but for the last 2 weeks i've been spotting like a browny red in my panties. when i get up in a morning my boobs feel like bricks, really heavy for about half an hour then it goes, i feel really sick and have headaches feels like a travel sickness but not travelling if u know what i mean? im always tiered does this sound like pregnancy?
|