Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Gallbladder Disease Forum

My Gallstones Are Gone!!

Must Read
Are you suffering from gallbladder pain? We describe the location and function of the gallbladder to target possible problems....
When do you need to see a doctor about possible gallbladder problems? Learn to distinguish signs and symptoms of gallbladder disease to take action before it's...
Gallstones are the most frequent cause of an inflamed gallbladder. Know the common symptoms of gallstones or gallstone attack....
I have just been told that my gallstones are gone. I had multiple large clusters of gallstones and to disolve them I took acti-gall for 3 months and had a very restricted low fat diet. I suffered from attacks several times per month,sometimes several per week. I refused surgery because I knew it could be treated and I wanted my organ (to disagree with surgeons...It is not an unnecessary organ!! No organ should be removed unless completely 100% necessary). With the low fat diet alone I didnt see much results other than preventing the attacks because excess fat in your diet is a major cause of attacks for those who have gallstones. After long consideration of the drug actigall or surgery, I chose to give actigall a chance. The only symptom I had while on the drug was a slight increased need for food due to the main cause of the drug produces extra bile to disolve the stones. It left that hungry grumbly feeling after I took it during the first month but then my body got use to it. So I am attack free and I have a completely healthy gallbladder inside my body and fuctioning. I decided the flush everyone talks about was too risky because it is basically enducing an attack with all the fat from the oil they tell you to consume. It can potentally cause serious complications if preformed on the wrong type of gallstones. After 3 month of actigall and a restrictive low fat diet I can now snack on a cookie with no worries about an attack. Though it only took 3 months to disolve them I suffered with them for almost 3 years. Fat in your diet causes you to have more attacks when you have gallstones...So I reduced my fat to 6 grams and under per meal until I recieved results from my ultrasound that they were gone. It is hard but well worth the wait. It is important too to not go crazy with the fat after they are gone because you dont want to start the process all over again. During the begining of my problems I searched all over sites like this one for advice from someone other than a surgeon and all my searching lead me in the right direction so I hope this can help someone too.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper niko
|

replied March 11th, 2011
Thank you! I have been searching for the "right" thing to do regarding my gallstones. I do not want surgery and also think the flush is too risky. I've been reading about herbal remedies (Milk Thistle & Globe Artichoke) and heard about Actigall from my Doctor but prefer natural, organic solutions if possible. Your posting has given me new hope. I read that with Actigall, 40-80% of people have success, which I think is worth a shot. But I was worried about side-effects. After reading multiple medical sites about Actigall, it seems like the side-effects are not dangerous. My doctor told me it could take 2 years to work but I'd rather start now and be free of gallstones two years from now than be facing surgery down the road. Reading that it dissolved your gallstones in 3 months is fantastic. I am a vegetarian. I already eat a low fat diet; mainly vegetables, fruit, whole grains etc...so the diet part is not a problem for me. Thanks again for giving me a renewed hope. I'm going to call my doctor and give it a try.
|

replied December 26th, 2013
Gallstones pain has gone
I have had gallstones for about a month and was in so much pain as I didn't know to cut the fat out!! Since cutting down drasticlly on fat I have had zero pain. I'm now eating occasional cakes and chocolet with still no pain. I think the gallstones have moved or gone on there own with no treatment. I will still have the ultrasound and am finding the fat free diet pretty easy and a lot healthier...with the odd cake!!
|