Medical Questions > Womens Health > Sexual Health - Women Forum

Stomach Ache After Orgasm

Must Read
Abdominal pain and bellyaches are common. Though most cases of abdominal pain aren't serious, sometimes you will need to see a doctor. We’ll review some of...
Abdominal pain can be uncomfortable but is very common. But when is pain in the abdomen serious? Learn how to describe your symptoms more accurately so that yo...
It's important to "know your pain" to help your doctor diagnose the reason behind abdominal pain. Read on for more tools and information about how to diagnose ...
There have been several times that I have experienced stomach aches after having an orgasm. The last time it happened was a week ago when I had two orgasms and shortly after the second I started having stomach cramps that lasted for the rest of the night. Has this ever happened to anyone else?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper Lesliebonton
|

replied October 3rd, 2005
Especially eHealthy
Sometimes my stomach muscles are sore, but that's just from the straining of how good it felt...
|

replied December 19th, 2012
Hope this helps!! =)
pain during or after sex/masturbation can be because you have a yeast infection. Go to your gp to find out, easily treated with antibiotics. They will tell you if you have a yeats infection or not, if this is the case then thats the reason why you have pain during or after sex/masturbation. Happenned to me!
|

replied December 20th, 2012
Community Volunteer
Yeast infections are not treated with antibiotics. It is treated with anti-fungal creams like Monistat. A yest infection also often follows taking antibiotics due to antibiotics changing the vaginal flora.
|

User Profile
replied October 6th, 2005
Extremely eHealthy
Infomation For You!! Hope I Have Helped!!
It has happened to me once before after a really intense sex session with my partner!! Along with the cramping I felt the erge to be sick.

I too wrote a post about the same issue a while ago and this is only some of the infomation that they replied with:-

-the main cause is that alot of your blood leaves major organs, such as the brain and digestive system and goes to your genitals.

-the position you were in can sometimes make these factors worse.

Hope I have helped!! :-)
|

replied October 6th, 2005
Active User, very eHealthy
Hope This Helps
I have also had this happen it dosnt even have to be after sex just after I have an orgasem. I think like eiri said its were I get so tenced up from it feeling so good that then I start cramping. Sometime I get sick if I do it to long.

I agree sometimes its the possition that you are in that will also have an effect on how it feels. I really hope that I have helped you.
|

replied March 25th, 2009
Stomach cramps after orgasm
I have cramps like this too but only right before my period.
|

replied May 5th, 2009
I too feel this,
Right now is my first time feeling this pain, so I went on here to check out what might be the problem. My orgasm was the most intense I've ever had tonight and this is the first I've encountered this pain. You've all been very useful, thank you!

For anyone after me, I expect the pain will subside as your body can calm down. Just eat some ise cream and watch Real Housewives Smile
|

replied October 5th, 2009
I often have these pains after an orgasm. Sometimes they can start a few minutes after and last up to a few hours. The omly thing I can think of to compare them to is period pains, although the post-orgasm cramps are normally more painful. In fact I am scared to masturbate in case I get these pains afterwards, they can be so intense. Thanks for this post, it has helped knowing I'm not alone.
|

replied December 20th, 2011
This is exactly what I have only just recently been experiencing. I don't have intercourse, just masturbate, but I've been getting these period like cramps immediately after an orgasm. They only last for a few minutes, but I find going to the toilet helps relieve the pain.
I'm really worried as to why this has suddenly occurred.
|

replied December 28th, 2011
i am having same problem and going to toilet helps too. did u go see a doctor?
|

replied December 14th, 2009
I have suffered from this problem for about 12 years, mine first started after intercourse however 12 years on I now have about 3 days after my period where I feel noramal anything more that that an I am in agony, crying. So much so I eventually went to A & E they gave me morphine and told me that they had no idea what it was - it is however linked to my menstrual cycle as it gets worse towards the end of my cycle. The end two weeeks in I can't go to the gym, run, dance or anything to exhurt myself. I now take co-drydomol 8 times a day in the last 2 weeks of my cycle. It hasn't gone and never will but at least I am not in constant pain. I was also teseted for endo and irratible bowl - both of which were negative.
|

replied December 14th, 2009
I have this pain allot also but sometimes it doesn't go away for a few days like now I thought I might be pregnant but have had 2 negative home pregnancy test no insurance and planned parenthood wont test me cuz i haven't had a missed period two weeks late but have had an extremely odd one like Im not sure if it could of been implantation bleeding or not is didn't last as long and was allot lighter but I have all the early pregnancy symptoms and this major stomach pain were my belly button is that I once got after I had sex with my bf
|

replied March 22nd, 2010
I had the same thing, and it only happens occasionaly when I have an intense orgasm, whether from sex or masturbation. I think that it is more like a stomachache after you eat something bad. Then you feel like going to the toliet. But you don't, then you wait it out and it will be fine again. This may be normal I think due to the intensity and the constriction of the uterus walls. Lasts no more than 10 minutes for me. Also I get this whether lyning down or on top.
|

replied November 26th, 2011
This happens to me as well. I have found that a warm or hot shower helps a lot. The pain goes away rather quickly. Smile
|

replied December 28th, 2011
Polycystic ovaries
ive had the same problem, although i went to the doctor and she said it could be due to polycystic ovaries..im having a scan in a few weeks, i dont want to alarm anyone but it doesnt hurt to check it out. Another symptom includes irregular periods which
is one of the reasons why i went to the doctor in the first place.

type the symptoms in google of polycystic ovaries and see if them match up, thats what i did Smile
|

replied August 12th, 2012
I have endometriosis, and this, unfortunately is one of my symptoms. May be worth checking out.
|

replied December 7th, 2013
painful climax
I had painful climaxes before I had surgery to correct a mild case of cervical displasia. Now I'm all better.
|